Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

American Football

Page: 1 of 1
 griff38
01-26-2003, 3:16 PM
Is lame, of all the possible sporting events you can sit on your ass and watch, American football is the worst. Boring on a good day I wonder how many countless hours have been wasted over the years. I can't tell you how many times I have seen productive interesting people turn into boring lazy fat couch potatoes over freaking football.

Don't get me wrong, I have alot more respect for people who PLAY sports than for people who only watch them.

P.S. oops, just thought of something worse.............. nascar
 ET Warrior
01-26-2003, 3:50 PM
This doesn't really seem like a Senate chambers discussion.....but oh well........

I think football is a good sport to watch, now if we're going to talk about BORING to watch, lets discuss nascar (which you mentioned) gold, soccer (except during world cup) basketball, and baseball. THOSE sports are uninteresting to watch.
 Arkum
01-26-2003, 8:14 PM
football, i only watch the last few plaoff games and the superbowl, that's about it.

soccer, i only watch the quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals of the world cup

basketball, i only watch the finals and semifinals

basically, i can't stand sitting there and watching every single game, it gets so boring. i only watch the games that are basically worth watching.

PS: I NEVER EVER watch nascar, waht a WASTE!!!!!
 XWING5
01-26-2003, 8:31 PM
Nothing can beat REAL football (Soccer) but our version can certainly be addicting. Enough to drive you to drink when Rich Gannon throws 2 interceptions in 1 half!!! In the Super Bowl!!!!! C'mon Raiders! What's going on?!?:mad:
 Reborn Outcast
01-26-2003, 9:12 PM
Nice its 34-3 Tampa. BOOO...

But American Football is enjoyable to watch. Maybe not for foreigners but for me it is. :) NASCAR is the stupidest thing in the world but i'll admit it takes a lot of skill to drive like that at 250 mph.
 ET Warrior
01-27-2003, 12:12 AM
Remember that one time when Tampa Bay beat Oakland 48-21.......WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
 NerfYoda
01-27-2003, 3:16 PM
I used to work with a guy who was REALLY into NASCAR. Apparently there's alot more behind the scenes to it than a guy driving in circles.

But I'm not one to talk. I think organized professional sports are dumb. Once we start having live gladiator matches with tigers and lasers and junk I'll start watching sports again. :)
 dvader28
02-09-2003, 3:01 PM
american football is bad for the following reasons:

A) timeouts every two f*****g minutes.
B) body armour - i mean ffs, BODY ARMOUR...in a SPORT...play rugby!
C) radio comms to the dugouts....takes away all the strategy from the sportsmen themselves.

imho, american football is the american version of cricket....mainly boring as hell, with micro-moments of excitement and brilliance.
 FunClown
02-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Lol, Nascar makes me laugh anytime I think about what it would be like to watch it. I'm sure the joke would wear off pretty quick however.

American football is alright, but I don't like how they are all made out to be these big heroes. Seems a bit melodramatic. It was funny last time I watched it and there was five minutes left and a guy who was watching it too said, "well, that another half an hour". :D

I am a bit of a hippocrite however, since I don't mind watching cricket and possibly lawn bowls. :D
 Luc Solar
02-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Someone said watching basketball is boring???

That's just about the only sport where cool stuff happens all the time!

Soccer is fun to play, but watching it for 90 minutes and *possibly* witness one goal is just not...entertaining.

American fotball... oof. Tried to watch that once. Didn't like it. Same goes for cricket, rugby and all those weird games that I know nothing about. :D

Nascar is more boring than F1, and that's saying a lot considering the superiority of the Ferrari and Schumacher. (And note that I'm Finnish; we rule all motor sports...but I still find it boring. :D )

Hockey and basketball are the only sports I enjoy watching. Oh yeah - UFC is somewhat entertaining. :D

Umm...did I take a wrong turn somewhere? Is this The Senate Chambers? Griff?
 ET Warrior
02-16-2003, 2:15 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Someone said watching basketball is boring???

That's just about the only sport where cool stuff happens all the time!

Hockey and basketball are the only sports I enjoy watching. Oh yeah - UFC is somewhat entertaining. :D

Hockey, yes, excellent sport.......basketball.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO

Sorry......i hate basketball........SO boring.
 BigTeddyPaul
03-05-2003, 4:18 AM
MY friend Nathaniel is a big Stellers fan and he and I always get into arguments whenever we talk about whether hockey or football is a better sport. He always talks about the masculinity of the game and how it is so physical which makes it exciting. I then go into my "shpiel" about how football players are one sided because they either play only offense or only defense where practically any other sport requires both. Also that most football players are so unfit that they do a 7 second play, take 40 second break, and then do an 8 second play and take another 45 second break and during this whole time the clock is going so you are not even play a whole 60 mintues as opposed to most other sports (soccer continues but their playing time is also like another half hour). In hockey they actually fight with fists. I know nothing more "masculine" than that. You get hit, you bleed a LOT MORE, and you have to be an great athlete from hand eye coordination to stamina, to multi task thinking. The only football I watch is usually some playoffs and the superbowl. This past year was more exciting but whatever.

ALSO the part about football that makes me the maddest is when there is like 2 minutes left and team A is ahead while also controlling the ball. They then just take a knee and win the game by denying the ball to the opponent. What wussies.

I have more thoughts but not enough to post here yet.

BigTeddyPaul
Page: 1 of 1