Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Deathmatch: Sith

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
01-26-2003, 11:08 AM
You remember the rules??? Each are armed with their weapons seen in the movies. That is a saber for the first three contestents, and the Darkside for the Emperor (does he have a saber???)

I vote Vader. He was the one doing all the stuff to people during the time of the Rebellion. Maul and Tyranus were in hiding most of the time, and the time they did appear, they either got their butt kicked or were forced to retreat. And Sidious uses his pawns to do his fighting and was killed easily by Anakin.
 Tie Guy
01-26-2003, 1:28 PM
I would vote Exar Kun, were he a choice, but since he's not i guess i'll go with Vader.
 Katarn07
01-26-2003, 1:38 PM
A lot of people here don't like EU... So I'll stick to the movies in this. Maybe later I'll get a Deathmatch: EU. But first I will finish off the movies...
 Rogue15
01-26-2003, 3:23 PM
Darth Maul. Especially if he wasn't an apprentice...imagine how much ASS he would've dealt damage to...
 JediNyt
01-26-2003, 3:39 PM
I say Vader. Even though Sidious is the Master, I doubt he can fight like Vader can. Sidious Force powers may be higher but Vader was undefeated in combat and rid the galaxy of all but 2 Jedi. His Force powers are almost as high as Sidious Im sure. He could beat Sidious in a fight if he really wanted to.

So anyway, go Vader! :vadar:
 ZBomber
01-26-2003, 4:55 PM
Darth Maul. He beat a Master. :cool:
 Boba Fett_70
01-26-2003, 8:08 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING VADER WOULD WIN but maybe he wouldn't they all are good but Vaders the beast:atat: :fett: :atat: :deathstar
 Boba Fett_70
01-26-2003, 8:10 PM
:lsduel: :duel: :atat: :fett: last post was missing some thing hope this worked.
 ZBomber
01-26-2003, 8:12 PM
There is the edit button, my friend. :)
But welcome to LF, and don't over use the smileys. :)
 Boba Fett_70
01-26-2003, 8:15 PM
i love this thread i want to rak up points so :lsduel: :duel: i really like vader the most i give him 10/10.
 Boba Fett_70
01-26-2003, 8:17 PM
ok i won't :deathii: :fett:
 Boba Fett_70
01-26-2003, 8:28 PM
go to last thread to vote on who is best bounty hunter!:fett::atat:
 boinga1
01-26-2003, 9:04 PM
hmmm...palpatine. Just think. He was able to hide his powers from the Jedi for AT LEAST 3 decades (maybe even half a century) as a politician, train 3 sith apprentices, and gove himself dictorial powers LEGALLY. Maybe we'll see him fight in ep3 and show how good he is(probably not). Still, all these abilities, he must be able to fdight half as well as yoda.
 Katarn07
01-26-2003, 9:21 PM
There will be a deathmatch bounty hunter poll some time. And there is already a best bounty hunter in the classic trilogy forum.

*** Here is the link. Click Here and Vote! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89102)
 ZBomber
01-26-2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by Boba Fett_70
i love this thread i want to rak up points so :lsduel: :duel: i really like vader the most i give him 10/10.

This my friend, is spamming. Please do not, or you will get in trouble. :)
 Thew Rydur
01-26-2003, 11:32 PM
My vote went to Tyranus, since Maul was only an apprentice, Vader was to old and stiff and the Emperor never looked like much of a warrior either. Tyranus had excellent saber skills too.
 leXX
01-27-2003, 6:02 AM
Boba Fett_70 - Please read the Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64362). Do NOT spam. Thank you.

Vader would win imo.
 Darth Groovy
01-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Look at the Avatar and guess who I chose. :)
 Reborn Outcast
01-27-2003, 9:57 PM
I know not of this Darth Groovy character from the movies. ;)

And yes Vader would own.
 JediNyt
01-28-2003, 2:24 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
There will be a deathmatch bounty hunter poll some time. And there is already a best bounty hunter in the classic trilogy forum.

*** Here is the link. Click Here and Vote! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89102) Perhaps the next poll should be non Jedi heros from all the movies.
 Purple_Tentacle
01-28-2003, 5:54 AM
Originally posted by JediNyt
Perhaps the next poll should be non Jedi heros from all the movies.

OMG sifnt HAN all the way !
 Breton
01-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Darth Tyranus, defidently. None of the others has been both Jedi Master and Sith Lord, none of the others has spent 50 years on their saber techniques, none of the others has managed to beat both Obi-Wan and Anakin (twice), and none of the others has managed to fight Yoda and still manage to get away.
 Katarn07
01-28-2003, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Darth Tyranus, defidently. None of the others has been both Jedi Master and Sith Lord, none of the others has spent 50 years on their saber techniques, none of the others has managed to beat both Obi-Wan and Anakin (twice), and none of the others has managed to fight Yoda and still manage to get away.

As of now, before Episode III...
 Darth Groovy
01-28-2003, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
I know not of this Darth Groovy character from the movies. ;)

And yes Vader would own.

That's what I call phantom stealth. I slip through the shadows so good you can't even see me in the films. :p
 Arkum
01-28-2003, 7:34 PM
Maul would own them!

He's got the aggressiveness, the speed, and finesse to kick some A$$!!!
 Katarn07
01-31-2003, 6:46 PM
Ummm, time is almost up. Please vote. This has been dead for I think 2 days now...

I guess this isn't as hard as Jedi, huh?
 Darth Talliusc
02-01-2003, 10:22 AM
well before i state who i think would win ill state why i didnt choose the others: vader first of all is too damn emotional. powerful yes but a lucky hit on that lifesupport chest hardware and hes on the ground. i can see vader charging stupidly at tyranus *who he obviously hates enough to charge when he really shouldnt* and getting eliminated by DT or sidious right then and there, they all know vaders powerful so its gonna likely be a 3v1 for the first few seconds.

Sidious, very powerful once again but he doesnt think right, hes an expert maniplulator and politician but he wouldnt be very good in a fight, thats why he always had warrior apprentices to do his dirty work.

Tyranus, old and not as powerful as others present, i cant see this guy lasting very long in a free for all.

so i picked Maul, because he would know when to attack and when to retreat, hes a solo combat fighter, its all he is. this is HIS arena. just as long as he doesnt get cocky *which i think he learned not to* he'd destroy them. that and i cant see any of those three old dudes being able to do double backflips out of harms way.
 vegietto
02-02-2003, 7:34 AM
i think vader because he is very powerful at his prime he is more powerful then the emperor in many ways.
 Wraith 8
02-02-2003, 10:05 AM
well to be honest.... i like Darth maul and vader as much as the next guy... but the emperor thought vader was his ally untill he tossed him in the pit. so if the emperor was aware of vader... he would sick him :p

The emperor all the way.
 WJTW
03-30-2003, 4:29 AM
Hmm... this thread seem old, but I'll answer anyway. :)

I think Sidious will beat the rest hands down. Explain why Vader didn't dare go against the :lightning:? If he were that powerful. He can easily stand near the :lightning:, whip out his sabre, and slice the :lightning: 's throat. But he didn't do that. Why? That's because the Emperor :lightning:, and I guess, Sidious = :lightning:, is more powerful.

I guess we'll have to watch Episode 3 before we can conclude anything. Maybe we'll get to see a Darth Sidious vs. [someone] lightsabre duel.

He's a master. Unlike Jedi masters, I don't think sith masters do things themselves.

WJTW
 dark jedi 8
03-30-2003, 11:08 AM
in his prime, (EP.III) i guess, vader would kick some serious ass!!! he killed hundreds, if not thousands of jedi! his saber skills must have been the best.
but palp. probably had better knowledge of the force. why vader never screwed with him, i guess. unless vader truly liked his master and didn't want to kill him until he discovered he had a son, ala luke.:)
 WJTW
03-30-2003, 11:50 AM
Hmm... yeah, possibly. Maybe the lines he said in ROTJ might suggest something. But my guess is that the Emperor is much more powerful than Vader. I mean, he can easily attack the Emperor when he least suspects it (although it is quite difficult to attack someone who forsees almost everything. But his overconfidence in Vader's loyalty might prove to be of advantage.), and the Emperor would've been helpless.

But his lightning :lightning: might prove to be dangerous as it can attack backwards as well. And for vader, whose life-support system is a conductor of electricity, this is not good news.
Page: 1 of 1