Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Real-life Blue Casket (please read)

Page: 1 of 1
 TV_eye
01-26-2003, 9:45 AM
Greetings, fellow Grim-heads!

I was just wondering if there's anybody else but me out there who shares this dream, in terms of opening a real-life Blue Casket - or at least a web-based one.
I've had that in mind since the first time I went to that place, and I just can't let that thought go.
If you do share this thought with me (man, I feel silly) please give me a shout at
annahita@hotbrev.com (annahita@hotbrev.com)
or visit me at my website (http://cirkus.dot.nu) (oh, and I should probably mention that the site is in Swedish. Too bad for all you cool international dudes and dudettes).

Over and out,
the TV eye.
 Tall Guy
01-26-2003, 12:51 PM
We have our very own Blue Casket forum here at the GFN

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=231)

you can post poetry, fan fiction or whatever. Give it a go.
 TV_eye
01-27-2003, 10:51 AM
I know about that Blue Casket already. But during this day, I've been thinking more about it.. and I frankly don't feel the way I felt when I was writing that post you see above. Should I apologize?
:monkey4:

Haha. Man I love that monkey..!
 Tall Guy
01-27-2003, 2:56 PM
apologize? no way ;)

just make a donation :p
 Darth Eggplant
01-27-2003, 7:45 PM
actually; get out of my head:D I was thinking yesterday or so that if I ever opened a bar I would try calling it the blue casket. since I loved having Manny go up on stage so much, and since I post so much flaky art fag poetry here.:cool:
 Vyse
01-27-2003, 7:51 PM
Eh!?
 MrManager
01-27-2003, 8:07 PM
Also, if you want to see the "real" Blue Casket, watch for the Blue Parrot in Casablanca. (though the name is where the similarities end)
 amadeus
01-27-2003, 8:47 PM
I've actually been working on a blue casket web page for some time now, that would be more...advanced than the forum one. It's still under construction but when I'm finished with it I hoped to apply for hosting from GFN.
 Tall Guy
01-28-2003, 4:23 PM
sounds good. let me know when you have something to show us and i'll take a look.
 amadeus
01-29-2003, 7:49 AM
Will do. I'll post it on a forum when I'm ready. Thanks.
 Membrillo
01-29-2003, 5:00 PM
Well, interesting to read this. I worked on a homepage called "The Calavera Cafe". I think, it's the most impressive location in the game. Maybe it's the music in the game. High-tone Fandango is the very best piece of jazzmusic in the game. Sometimes, when I play the game again, I let Manny standing there in front of his cafe and listen to the musi. It's a fantastic flair. I guess, you know, what i mean ;)
 Darth Eggplant
01-29-2003, 6:54 PM
for me it's the Blue Casket and open mike night. I love having Manny onstage stringing together the poetry lines and then getting booed or snapped by the Beatniks. (also having Olivia steal his poem, is great too) and having her say I don't have anymore and then start the whole loop again. The other highlight of that year is Carla's loop. It is so funny having Manny listen out of sync to her story looping ad nauseum.:cool:
 amadeus
01-30-2003, 7:50 AM
Same with me. The blue casket is my ideal hangout. I would just kind of sit around there downing coffin shooters. Everyone there is so cool, and open mike night is the best, as you said Darth Eggplant. I want a real Blue Casket, dammmit!
 Metallus
01-30-2003, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by amadeus
I've actually been working on a blue casket web page for some time now, that would be more...advanced than the forum one. It's still under construction but when I'm finished with it I hoped to apply for hosting from GFN. Uh-oh. There's already been a Grim site or two by the name of the Blue Casket, and one of them was hosted on the GFN already, back in 1999-2000ish.
 TV_eye
01-30-2003, 11:31 AM
its like REALLY nice to know that other people thought about this too.. but on the other hand i maybe could have figured that out myself, without asking.

speaking of nothing: do any of you guys like The Stooges?
 amadeus
01-30-2003, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by amadeus
Same with me. The blue casket is my ideal hangout. I would just kind of sit around there downing coffin shooters. Everyone there is so cool, and open mike night is the best, as you said Darth Eggplant. I want a real Blue Casket, dammmit!

Well, now I feel really creative and original. Whatever, I'm still working on it.
 Tall Guy
01-31-2003, 3:54 AM
Originally posted by Metallus
Uh-oh. There's already been a Grim site or two by the name of the Blue Casket, and one of them was hosted on the GFN already, back in 1999-2000ish. really? ah, I wasn't aware of that. :(
 amadeus
02-01-2003, 7:07 PM
A primitive version of "The Blue Casket" is complete. Many more features can be added, but the basic gist of the page is there. Can I apply for hosting now?
 TV_eye
02-02-2003, 4:54 AM
i'm not exactly following you, amadeus... you mean you have a site ready? :confused:

hee hee, check this out; he looks like one of the beatniks at blue casket: :cool:
 amadeus
02-03-2003, 11:22 PM
I have a web site ready in a sense. The sense is that it is not actually online but I have completed the html files for it. I was wondering how I could get them to somebody and who exactly I should get them to. I don't have any means of putting them online right now...
 amadeus
02-05-2003, 7:51 AM
So......uh.....does anyone wanna look at the prototype? Where should I send it to? Drop me a line here...
 Lemon Head
02-05-2003, 9:14 AM
you can either post the link for it right here or send it to a GFN mod for review.
 Metallus
02-05-2003, 9:47 AM
Yeah, post it in this thread, and then I'll move the whole thing over to the Blue Casket forum (where people are welcome to shamelessly advertise).
 Tall Guy
02-05-2003, 6:17 PM
if the website isn't online zip it up and email it to tallguy@grimfandango.net
 amadeus
02-05-2003, 9:04 PM
I sent it out...a bit primitively but none the less, I sent it out. I wasn't sure how to zip it up, so I just sent you the files Tall Guy, and told you what folders to make...sorry. amadeus is a bit technologically challenged.
 amadeus
02-13-2003, 7:56 AM
So when do I find out if I get hosting or not?
Page: 1 of 1