Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fate of Atlantis problem...

Page: 1 of 1
 CaptainVeg
01-20-2003, 1:32 PM
Ok, I've beaten this game before without a problem, but I'm stuck. I know the position of the worldstones, moonstones and whatever the other stone is called depend on what Plato's Lost Dialogue says, but despite my attempts, it's still not letting me through.
Anyway, since I'm so dense, and can't be bothered to go through every possible combination of the stones, I thought I'd ask for your help.

I'm in Crete, at the Atlantis map. Here's what the Lost Dialogue says: "...with the rising sun breaking night's grip above the firey peak...".

So what positions do these blasted stones have to be?
 Huz
01-20-2003, 3:36 PM
Well, I'd say: rising sun, new moon, volcano. But of course, not all the Lost Dialogue clues make any sense. I seem to remember having trouble with this one...

Also, remember that "final entrance is yielded only to contrary minds", although I don't think you're at the 'final entrance' stage yet. Still worth a try.
 CaptainVeg
01-20-2003, 4:05 PM
Thanks for trying, but it's not 'rising sun, new moon, volcano'. I am doing this right, aren't I? They're all supposed to line up with the horns.
The 'contrary minds' does come later I think, but I tried reversing it anyway... no luck, of course.

Maybe there's something wrong with the game (I'm playing the Amiga version emulated with WinUAE), but then, I had the same problem at the same point when I last played the PC version.
 Huz
01-20-2003, 6:01 PM
Yeah, I remember having this 'clue' on the Amiga version. I ended up trying every combination until I got the right answer - which made no sense compared to the book. Perhaps there is a bug with this clue, or else we're both thick...

Sorry I can't be of more help.
 wampa_one
01-21-2003, 5:10 AM
I've had this problem as well, not sure if its a bug or not, this is how i solved it:

The clues to the positions of the symbols on the stones in Plato's lost dialogue are correct, but sometimes they dont have to be lined up with the Bull horns.

Try lining up the correct symbols in the '3 o'clock' position & pushing the peg, if that dos'nt work try the '6 o'clock' position or the '9 o'clock' position.

This usally solves the problem for me.

Let me know how u get on.

:) :) :)
 CaptainVeg
01-21-2003, 7:19 AM
:) If only I'd seen your relpy sooner, wampa_one.

In fact, I've just finished the game; after trying almost every combination of the stones, it turned out to be: 'darkness, waning moon, east sea'. And lo and behold, the proper shapes did line up... in the 3 O'Clock position.
So you were right, but I found out the hard way. <sigh>
Thanks anyway! ;)
 woodenstool
02-02-2003, 11:21 PM
Are you absolutely sure it's rising sun, new moon, and volcano in the 3'o clock position? I tried that and it doesn't work.
 Cutthroat_Nick
07-19-2003, 5:36 AM
It says entry is yielded only to contrary minds.
Contrary means vaguely opposite or different.
So say
x

Y O Z

A

Z

X O A

Y

AND JUST keep rotating so that your combination is in a line all the time but keep rotating it. It is the answer.
Page: 1 of 1