Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Current Status

Page: 2 of 2
 Alesh
03-18-2003, 12:01 PM
I've just tried it, and it would be great if it wasn't for seeing thing like if I was looking through a glass ball. Is there any way to fix this?
 razorace
03-18-2003, 5:24 PM
Unfortunately, it's a hardware limitation. Remember you're playing this on a computer with a single monitor. There's no way to simulate a realistic fov without fisheyedness, multiple monitors, or VR equipment. It's just the way it is. :(
 Alesh
03-19-2003, 10:02 AM
Now the question would be if there's a way to make the third person view spin around... (I also think the third person view makes some "sense" with jedi since they are supposed to feel things...).
 razorace
03-19-2003, 10:23 AM
I guess I could but I don't see a point to it. Maybe something for backstabs, but it's not a mission critical thingy.
 razorace
03-21-2003, 10:26 PM
 Alesh
03-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Too long since i posted ideas... :D

I know for now new animatins are not possible, but what i don't know is, canyou play an already existing animation backwards?

To be more specific, I was looking at the backstab, and thought it would probably do a good sword thrust if played backwards and with the saber looking the other way (maybe it could be the crouch+forward+attack for yellow stance).
 razorace
03-23-2003, 7:35 PM
uh, the saber is bolted to the hand on the player model model. I'm not sure it's possible to alter the orientation on the fly like that. But it might be possible to run animations backwards. I'm in the middle of checking out all the animation calls out at the moment.
 Spedema28
03-26-2003, 2:43 AM
Hi
I downloaded MotFv2 the other day, and I have to say that I think it is amazing. I'm trying to get the clan I used to be in (omni) to set up a CTF server that runs it all the time, hopefully they will.
I'm glad you included the cvars you did for personalizing how true view works (among other things) and the justice zone is hilarious. I was wondering if you could include an option through cvars to have trueview work a little differently. My idea is that if you were using your lightsaber you could play in normal third person, and when you performed one of the 3 "special" moves, you would zoom into trueview. Well I guess not really zoom in, that wouldn't be possible I dont think, but switch to true view for the move and then switch back afterwards. Maybe it could also come on when a backstab is performed, and since you can't move anyways while doing these moves, aside from rotating the yellow dfa, it'd be a great time to get a dramatic camera angle.
Are the damage values the same for light sabers? I feel like duels are more lethal when I play with MotF on, but I might just be confused by the dodging.
Thanks for making such a cool mod, I enjoy playing it a lot.
Azmo
 razorace
03-26-2003, 2:14 PM
That's a interesting True View idea but I'm not sure about the usefulness of it but it sounds cool. :) I'll add it to the ideas to discuss.

As for the sabers, yes, the damage for the saber has been boosted. There's a lot of work planned on the saber for R3. Watch the MotF Forum for details.

Servers would be great but I'm not sure BOFH wants MotF muscling in on his "turf". Try at your own risk. :D
 razorace
03-31-2003, 6:33 PM
Check out the MotF Forum. There's a multiple number of new threads.

Including the introduction of a official Beta Server!
 razorace
04-09-2003, 1:40 AM
Well, I got a prototype of the Mouse Sabering up and running. It's pretty cool and has a LOT of potential once we get the HUD stuff and settings tweaked.

Also, the MotF website is almost ready. We're currently waiting for our hosting admin to give us the data we need to get our perl/cgi run site up and running. Til then, continue to use the MotF Forums.
 razorace
04-09-2003, 1:42 AM
Also, BOFH backed out of the server deal after I refused to be blackmailed into giving him MotF source code.
 razorace
04-14-2003, 3:09 AM
Well, the website is up at motf.jk2files.com. It looks like the other members of the team prefer to post status updates on the site so I'll close this down and start posting there as well.

Razor Ace
Page: 2 of 2