Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CMI on winxp

Page: 1 of 1
 caconly
01-13-2003, 1:40 AM
i just bought the cmi and i have windows xp and a lot of people say the cut scenes play too fast. well i can't even get to the cut scenes cause when i click the launcher the screen goes black and then it goes back to windows. i downloaded the new launcher and it plays for only like five secs and then it says there's some kind of error. help!!!!!!!:confused:
 Jake
01-13-2003, 1:43 AM
"some kind of error"

What kind of error? Can you type it out?
 caconly
01-13-2003, 1:47 AM
yeah jake

it says uSetDIBitsToDeviceError:87
do you know what that is?
 bgbennyboy
01-13-2003, 6:36 AM
Its a known error on windows xp if you play cmi in windowed mode. Play it in fullscreen instead.
 caconly
01-14-2003, 12:04 AM
yeah but ti won't let me play in full screen mode. the only way itll let me play at all is in window ans we know that doesn't work. what should i do?
 bgbennyboy
01-14-2003, 6:47 AM
What on earth do you mean? It starts in full screen mode by default.
 caconly
01-15-2003, 12:45 PM
the whole reason i wrote my first thread was becausei can't play the game at all. but when i downloaded the other launcher at least the first scene came up windowed.i know other people with xp got it to work so i don't know what's wrong with mine. please help if you can.
 mrlennon2k
01-19-2003, 12:58 PM
i have the same problem as caconly. i'm running winxp. when i try to run it in fullscreen appears the message "vid_video_initialize failed" and the game doesn't run. when i run it in windowed mode with the cmi launcher, it works fine until the first scene with the cannon when i get the "uSetDIBitsToDeviceError:87" message.
 shewner
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
i just bought the cmi and i have windows xp and a lot of people say the cut scenes play too fast. well i can't even get to the cut scenes cause when i click the launcher the screen goes black and then it goes back to windows. i downloaded the new launcher and it plays for only like five secs and then it says there's some kind of error. help!!!!!!!:confused:

to play curse of monkey island on vista or xp, download the new curse of monkey island launcher:
http://quick.mixnmojo.com/cmi-launcher)
then after installing the launcher, right click CMI Launcher.exe and select properties
click Compatibility tab
tick Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows 95.

then launch the new CMI Launcher.exe and the game should work fine in full screen mode.

i've done this on windows Vista and it works beautifully...
Page: 1 of 1