Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ModView

Page: 1 of 1
 Bearskin
01-17-2003, 8:26 PM
I know that this post prolly ended up in the wrong forum, but im not sure where to post it.

The JKO editing tools include Modview and it's is a great program, I use it alot while I skin, but I have a great problem. Unskinned bits of the model show up as white areas, no prob me think, until its a Robe that covers most of the freaking body.

I cant see what im doing under that robe, I cant find a "proper" manual for the program and i certainly cant make the program "ignore" unskinned parts of the model.

Can someone help me a bit? I need to know if the program can ignore unpainted bits or if there's a real user manual for it.
 Classic Luke
01-17-2003, 9:08 PM
Hmmm, on the left window after loading the model and skin, you should see the words model.glm and a '+' sign b4 it. Left click on the '+' sign and you should see a menu drop down below the words model.glm. In that menu there will be an option called surfaces. Click on the '+' sign associated with that option and then more menus drop down. Click on the various menu options, eg. torso, l-arm and so -on till you find the surface called robe. Then left click once on the surface called robe, now right click. A table should pop-up saying Set status : OFF. Left click on this, and the surface should be turned off. Now go back the model.glm tab, and click the '-' sign beside it and hopefully the robe should be off. Note, however, the robe surface may be named differently. Basically, this is how to turn on and off surfaces so you can see. Hope this helps friend. :)
 Bearskin
01-17-2003, 9:11 PM
HOLY Moses! Thank you kindly, it did work very well.

Dang..great! Thanks
 Classic Luke
01-17-2003, 10:42 PM
No problem friend. Hope it wasnt too wordy, lol.
Page: 1 of 1