Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help my game freezes!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 psaf
01-17-2003, 4:53 PM
when i go into the guy garage and knock on the door, directly after he says "HEY SERVICE", the game freezes and i have to end it. does the patch solve this problem, or is it just my copy of the game?

and if it is my game, does anyone know a place online i can get the game at? i dont really feel like forkin over another $15 for another copy.
 Tall Guy
01-17-2003, 6:37 PM
get the patch first and see if that solves the problem.

ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/Gfupd101.exe
 scabb
01-31-2003, 7:29 PM
I don't specifically know which part you are talking about, but if it is the part where you first meet and converse with that delightful demon Glottis, then might I add that my game used to freeze up at that point too.

The patch didn't help either, in fact, the only solution was to skip through the text, and cancel any 'movement' that Glottis might make by hitting 'Escape' to skip it.

I didn't have any further problems throughout the game, although my brother did report a 'wine-glitch' - I don't recall the specific year, it's been a while since I played, but I know that there is a barrel of wine in the kitchen and it wouldn't stop running, barring progress (I'm not sure how, but walkthroughs were consulted when he couldn't pass the scenario etc).

You will need the patch though, for the forklift scene.
02-25-2003, 1:14 AM
Freezing woes... my game freezes up on Year Two when I try to walk off the screen at the cat race track... to the tattoo place. Or rather, it crashes, and my system hangs. I've patched it, and yes, it's a legit copy. Don't know what I'm going to do if I can't somehow get past this little part, heh.
 scabb
02-25-2003, 3:29 AM
Try copying all of the files from the Grim disc to C:\Program Files\Lucas Arts\Grim\

Then click Start -> Run -> Type 'regedit' and hit return.

Locate
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Grim Fandango\v1.0

Create a new String value. Rename it 'good_times', and set the value to TRUE.

If the files from your CD won't copy correctly, maybe the CD is corrupt?
Page: 1 of 1