Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ripburger in FT2

Page: 1 of 1
 spoon_man
01-17-2003, 1:57 AM
He looks pretty dead to me. But if he does return in FT2 atleast it would be interesting to see how LucasArts pull it off.
 Alien426
01-17-2003, 2:41 AM
What's the point of bringing him back in the first place?
 spoon_man
01-17-2003, 2:45 AM
I'm not saying that there is a point. I'm just curious whether or not LucasArts will bring him back.
 BooJaka
01-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Hmm... nope. I think he's still pretty dead.
 Joshi
01-17-2003, 5:23 PM
yeah, if tehy brought him back, it would start getting silly like Monkey Island (which is emant to eb silly). Full throttle, although set in the future, is still meant to be serious and realistic.
 spoon_man
01-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Yes but you did see the trailer *shudders.*

By the way neil, I like your sig, Pterry is a god.
 Joshi
01-18-2003, 10:42 AM
finally, someone who knows Terry pratchett by his real name. okay, not his real name, but it's what we call him because
1)It referes tyo one of his books where the P is silent in all thing beginning with T and 2) we're all lazy and can't be bothered to write his full name.
 bangolio
01-21-2003, 4:20 PM
he was really cool and i loved his voice acting
t'was awesome
if he comes back on ft2... that's gotta be good :cool:
 Joshi
01-21-2003, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by bangolio
he was really cool and i loved his voice acting
t'was awesome
if he comes back on ft2... that's gotta be good :cool: you mean the voice acting of Mark Hamill? it would be soo cool if they brought him back (Hamill, not rip)
 jannar85
01-23-2003, 6:57 AM
Yeah. I wouldn't like to see him coming back from the dead.
That's not possible IRL.

The voice actor should come back though.

Oh, and I think Ben will come into a lot of new trouble.
You know bikers, huh? :)
 Ben Whatsisname
01-24-2003, 11:47 PM
My fanfic (discontinued long ago because I ran out of steam) centered around Ripburger and the Cavefish. My explaination as to why the cavefish hijacked trucks and wore bandages/had light sensitivity is that they were all basiclly "saved" from horrific accidents (Ricky Myron makes a cameo as one of their experiments) through a drug which saved their life, but gave them a "vampire-like" aversion to sunlight.

And that's why they hijack trucks and why Emett's cargo was useless - they steal ingredients for the medicine...

Anyway, the unwritten part (in case you were interested) involves Rip being brought back from near-death (he was falling toward the slim possibility of water) and using his charisma and "charm" to gain control of the gang and become Maximum Fish - partly to destroy the industry which abandoned him but partly (more realisticly) for revenge on Ben.
 spoon_man
01-25-2003, 8:44 AM
Yeah but from that high up hitting water would be like hitting cement.
 Ben Whatsisname
01-25-2003, 12:50 PM
But what if the cavefish had (in a move similar to Emett's) dumped a load of Twinkees into the ravine? According to the Twinkee Project's Gravitational Response Test ( http://www.twinkiesproject.com/gravitational.html) ), Ripburger could have survived a fall onto these. Add in the possibility of water ( http://www.twinkiesproject.com/solubility.html) ) and you have a really good chance that he survived.

If that's not the case, maybe he survived by landing at the straws I'm grasping at....
 Joshi
01-25-2003, 1:07 PM
i have a vast imagination so in my mind, there are a thousand and one ways he could have survived.

but one main one pops up. the cavefish have like this whole world in the caves. well what if the caves have openings out on the side of the gorge, i don't know why they would, but maybe they do, maybe a quick escape or whatever. well on his way down Ripburger is caught by a kindly cavefish (kindly in a very small way, lets not tarnish their muderous image). of couse some of you would say that that cavefish would be pulled down as well, but there is a chance they could survive that. i mean think about it, Rip being caught wouls certainly slow him down a little and it may be closer to the bottom by that time so an impact on water may not kill him. think about it.
 spoon_man
01-25-2003, 1:20 PM
Or maybe there is a pillow factory at the very bottom of that huge Riven.
 Ben Whatsisname
01-25-2003, 2:49 PM
Neil has a point - the Cavefish do have those harpoon guns...
 gos
11-14-2008, 9:52 AM
i can see no ripburger,where did u see him?
Page: 1 of 1