Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Using Costume Ripper with DOTT

Page: 1 of 1
 dimix
01-16-2003, 3:21 AM
Hey,

I wanted to rip the costumes of Bernard walking in DOTT but I found that the colors were all wrong. And the colors are wrong with Laverne and Hoagie walking as well... Every thing wlse is fine though.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this??
 jannar85
01-16-2003, 4:44 AM
I've experienced that trouble before.
I don't know exactly how I solved it, but it did.
What's your color resolution, and OS?
 dimix
01-16-2003, 5:46 AM
Its 1024 x 768 on 32-bit using XP but I don't think that has anything to do with it cause it dosn't happen to any of the other costumes.
 jannar85
01-17-2003, 3:01 AM
Hmmm... well, that's weird.
I know it's the palette, but I don't know what's wrong.
It works for me.

Try lowering the colors to 16-bit and tell me if it works.
 dimix
01-17-2003, 5:01 AM
Nope it still does it... Does it happen to you when you view it in costume ripper? Or did you like, use photoshop or something to fix it after?
 jannar85
01-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by dimix
Nope it still does it... Does it happen to you when you view it in costume ripper? Or did you like, use photoshop or something to fix it after?
It happened to me when viewing it through Costume Ripper. Have you tried that other Costume Ripper as well?

I'm not sure what I did, but I think I installed Win98 again. Not any clean install though.
 Tomas
01-19-2003, 5:05 PM
This most likely has nothing to do with your OS/screen resolution/whatever. It's probably a bug in the program and can not be fixed unless the author of the program traces the bug and fixes it. So I don't really think there's anything you could do to fix it yourself. I could be wrong though.
 jannar85
01-20-2003, 5:42 AM
But Tomas...
It worked for me, when I re-installed Windows or something like that. It works superb on my new computer aswell.

But my laptop (XP) has these nasty copy and paste bugs :p
When I copy, and then paste it into an app three inches or something from the right has been added to the left side.

Isn't that a bummer, or what? :p
 pumpernickel
03-03-2003, 2:00 PM
Hi, does anyone know if the costume ripper is supposesd to show every costume numbered? With sam&max mine skips large groups of costumes. Say it will do 1,2,3,4,5,6 but then jump to 34. It does this quite reguarly throughout the costumes.

Thanks,
Erick
 scabb
03-03-2003, 2:17 PM
Click Start -> Run -> and type 'Command' or 'Cmd'

now type:
cd C:\costrip\dxfull\
(change the directory to match your costrip directory)

then type
costrip D:\DOTT\TENTACLE.001

or

costrip D:\SAMNMAX\SAMNMAX.001

etc

By the way, dimix. I experienced a few colour problems with a few of the DOTT costumes, mainly the ones near the end. If you want a costume ripping, give me the costume number and I'll rar up the PCX files and post them up (providing that the costume works for me)
 pumpernickel
03-03-2003, 2:31 PM
Thanks.

I don't seem to be getting all the costumes though :-(

I've been having trouble getting all the sounds though also. I don't know if my cd is being read right. with the sound issue though the monster file couldn't be copied to the hard drive. I was able to copy the samnmax.001 file without a problem, but It doesn't seem all the costumes are there.
Page: 1 of 1