Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

f'n newbie

Page: 1 of 1
 bobo
01-14-2003, 4:41 PM
hi everyone,
i got stuck real quick.Then I read only the first 3-4 paragraphs of the walkthru here(thanks) and I have to say, none of that would have occured to me. For exapmle, when i ge the work order, I figure, let me forge the signature on it, who cares. but thats not possible. Then I go to the balloon guy and I want to sell him a travel plan,because that's my purpose isnt it? not possible. But here is my question. Is this how its gonna be for the whole game: stuffing random things in my suit, climbing the outside of my building to get back inside, etc.? Does that seem logical to anyone? Ever seen any movies where that happens(aside from the movies based on video games)? flame away....

PS, at what point does my suit explode from all the crap i put in it.
 Metallus
01-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Wow, I thought that puzzle was clever and pretty fun. Better stick to Space Quest, mon frer.
 Tall Guy
01-15-2003, 8:07 AM
If you dont like it dont play it. The puzzles are very logical and they all make sense.
 bobo
01-15-2003, 11:48 AM
if i dont like it dont play it, Great advice dumass.
Adios.
 QueZTone
01-15-2003, 3:27 PM
sigh

grim fandango is quality man..don't dish tha'
 spoon_man
01-16-2003, 7:53 AM
Bobo, is this the first adventure you've played?
 Tall Guy
01-17-2003, 5:02 AM
he probably didnt even know it was a game, i bet he was trying to make dinner or something.
 MrManager
01-17-2003, 6:22 PM
I think he plays Sierra games, which kinda explains why he isn't used to logic.
 Sanspoof
01-18-2003, 7:07 AM
Amen to that.

Hey, hey, need I say more?
 amadeus
01-18-2003, 12:32 PM
DUDE! Grim Fandango is supposed to be hard! That's what makes it so fun! If it were completely logical you would be able to beat it in an hour. It's like playing a movie with a set plot. You just have to figure out what the plot is and play it. And it's not completely illogical. There are very logical answers to the puzzles, they're just hard.
 Flood419
01-22-2003, 2:30 PM
What a windbag - Bobo. Check this - if you want it all drawn out for you, make your own game and then solve IT!

Have some fun - get inventive. This game is absolutely one of the highest rated games of all game history. I've been playing adventure games when the best you could get was text descriptions, hand-written maps, and head FULL of imagination. If you need a pretty picture and easy puzzles for every game you play, may I suggest the Nickelodeon "Arthur" series or any of the fancy "Barney" titles. Those might seem more your style.

Enjoy (or don't - I don't care!)

Flood
 TV_eye
02-02-2003, 4:59 AM
hee hee, check this out. damn i love these smileys..!

:newbie:
 ZaXeriaw
02-02-2003, 7:03 AM
bobo, you're funny. GF is the best game evar, so it's your own fault if you don't play it, 'cause I don't ****ing care...

:chop1:
Page: 1 of 1