Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

thank you george lucas...

Page: 2 of 2
 nova_wolf
02-15-2003, 5:51 PM
Yes, polishing the SFX is fine - thats what SE are for.

Adding deleted scenes that add something is good. Like Steve Jackson DID do for LOTR:FOTR, and like Beardy DID NOT do for OT (Luke & Biggs, B-Wings etc)

F**king with what is already there - NOOOOOOOOOO. In particular, Han shooting Greedo, and the Dance Number.

An on top of that, as if above and more wasn't enough, we get the ugly, stuttering, and rather squeaky voiced prat himself before each movie, gloating over he was ruined perhaps the GREATEST space opera in cinematic history.

Beardy - you ****** ***** ** **** ****** ** ***** ** *** ****** * * *** ***** ** **** ******************** *** *******....*breathe*...***** * *** * **** ** **...*and done*

I still like SW, but he did do some real damage with some of the changes.

See my earlier post for my view in a less expletive ridden nutshell.
 pbguy1211
02-17-2003, 2:05 AM
amen...
the only problem i had with IV was the han/greedo re-do...

i didnt really mind anything in V, but some of the bespin stuff was bad... namely the wideshots with leia.... now that i think of it the characters in luke's speeder looked really fake too in IV.

I hated, Hated, HATED the dance scene in jabba's palace, and the ending of VI. Where the hell was the ewok song and WTF was all that other crap all about? It wasn't in there the first time because the idea of it wasn't even in his head yet. he put them in only to compensate for the releases of the new movies. if anything the end of that movie was made simply as a teaser for the new 3.
 Lynk Former
02-17-2003, 2:58 AM
yeah WTF was the Jabba's Palace song all about?! WHY!? WHY?!!!!!!!!...

I swear they better have both the original and SE of the original trilogy when it comes out on DVD...
 nova_wolf
02-18-2003, 7:09 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former

I swear they better have both the original and SE of the original trilogy when it comes out on DVD...

Nah - why would he do a nice thing like that.

After all, ones a collectros set, twos a cash in....

If he DOES release them, it will be seperately.... Which suits me fine - I will happily let the SEESSESEEESSESEEESESSE version sink!
 nova_wolf
02-18-2003, 7:12 AM

Nah.

If by some fluke of nature he does release the Original OT, it will be a seperate set.

After all, ones a collectors item, twos a cash in ($$$$ :lechuck: $$$$)

Good for us though - we can get some good quality SW action, and let his 'ultimate vision' sink without a trace! :p
 Wraith 8
02-24-2003, 12:10 PM

I swear they better have both the original and SE of the original trilogy when it comes out on DVD... uhmm GL explains it on the special edition...

"I thought it would be fun to have a big musical number in the middle of a Star Wars movie"

Thts what he said. and thats the reason.
 Lynk Former
02-26-2003, 2:01 AM
i already know why he put it in there... the whole "why" thing was just to make it dramatic :D :p

lol
 pbguy1211
02-27-2003, 3:14 AM
i know why he did it... but i mean... why george? WHY?! *cries... a LOT!*
 Pedro The Hutt
02-27-2003, 5:43 AM
*pat pat* Ah there there.
Personally I think the SE is a bit both of a blessing and a curse in one .... sort of like the prequels as well. XD
 LiMP RABBiT
02-28-2003, 5:54 AM
I personally like SE. The once horribly blurred scenes are now clear, there are loads more minor details and the battles look really impressive. It also makes it appealing to a wider audience. And its hardly different from the original at all. If GL should be punished it should be for the prequals.
 pbguy1211
03-05-2003, 3:58 PM
i think saying there's a bit of a "lack of script" is an understatement... talk about complete lack of character development! someone tell me as to why we should care about any of these people?
 TK-99
03-09-2003, 8:24 PM
look pbguy1211 if you really want the original star wars movies on dvd come here to help us do it (http://www.petitiononline.com/OTondvd/petition.html)
 dark jedi 8
03-09-2003, 8:40 PM
8757 on the list TK-99!
 TK-99
03-09-2003, 8:46 PM
8757? what do you mean dark jedi, did you signed it
 pbguy1211
03-11-2003, 2:04 AM
look, while I'd love to see them on dvd... it aint gonna happen any time soon.
I was under the impression that they'll be released in sequetial order on dvd... that means wait unitl III is out before you expect to see IV through VI. I'm just BEGGING for there to be a super deluxe box set where you can see the REAL original 3... but I doubt that there will be.
 dark jedi 8
03-11-2003, 4:19 PM
maybe we'll see the original ones for one of the anniversarys. like the 30th one for ANH or something. but for now, i think GL will just put the SE out.
and yes, i did sign the list TK-99.
 TK-99
03-11-2003, 5:34 PM
Kewl thanks, If alot of ppl sign this Petition whos knows well probably iur dream will come true
 dark jedi 8
03-11-2003, 5:44 PM
maybe, but when GL makes up his mind on something he usually sticks with it. theres always hope tho.
 TK-99
03-12-2003, 10:17 PM
ya probably, but we can always hope
 ronbrothers
03-31-2003, 11:34 PM
I don't understand all the anger.

I'm 36 years old. I've been a die hard Star Wars fan since 1977 when I was in the 4th grade. I have many fond memories regarding these films in their original version. But I don't see a thing wrong with the Special Editions... except for Greedo shooting first.

And remember, this is Lucas' baby. If you think about it, it HAS to have some kind of updating to make the entire saga flow from Episode 1 to Episode 6 in finished form.
 Scar Da Kookee
04-01-2003, 6:37 AM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
And if you can't see that the person who created the movie doesn't have the right to change it anyway he sees fit, and still took over US$200 Million for the SE version of ANH, then I am sorry to think that somehow it was a commerical success.....

Not his changes? Hmmm, I believe that GL has the last say on everything to do with the movies, he will give the direction as to where to go as a minimum. Tell me then, who was behind the changes, why did he re-release them? It is his name that is behind it, his money.
Do you complain that the DVD version of TPM is different to the VHS version, the VHS Version is the direct Cinematic copy. Or do you think the extra speeder scenes are no good either. Well, then if you hate SW so much STOP WATCHING THEM AND WATCH SOMETHING ELSE.......
LOTR:FOTR EE and Apocalypse Now Redux are totally different versions to the original, nowhere in the real of the extra 5 mins MAX that are added to the movies. I think it is under 10 minutes in total for the 3 movies.
Tell me, other than Han shooting first, what is so wrong with the SE?
Removing the streaming lights that resembled the X-Wings taking off from the Massasi Temple on Yavin 4, and replacing them with X-Wings? Helping clean up the scenes on Hoth when viewed through the A-Wing cockpit? The mass of X-Wings that are in space ready to attack? A much more "explosive" explosion of both Death Stars?
Scene for scene, word for word, very little has changed, just added in some "fluff" on the side that in the main isn't overly distracting, just that you know what to look for. Stop trying to look for the changes in the movie and just watch it, I believe that what a movie is for............................................... ........

BY GOD! I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!!
 leXX
04-01-2003, 7:42 AM
Ok, calm down. :roleyess:
 Lynk Former
04-01-2003, 7:47 AM
What's going on? Did Niner die? huh?
 Scar Da Kookee
04-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by leXX
Ok, calm down. :roleyess:

Calm down?

No, becuase I wasn't even upset. Its just that finally I saw a nice long list of intelligent reasons for either side of the agruement ^_^
Page: 2 of 2