Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scout Trooper release 1!

Page: 1 of 2
 slurpy_commando
01-08-2003, 11:37 PM
hey everyone. Today I submitted the first release version of my scout trooper model! It has some little glitchs, no lods, no team support and no bots, and a swamptrooper icon. Also some of the meshes have too many verts so I havn't made a shaders for it yet. I used a high-poly movie model i downloaded off of nixon's 3d website and put the armor on a kyle model. Expect a better version in the near future.
 ninja
01-09-2003, 1:13 AM
awsome what site did you submit it to?
 slurpy_commando
01-09-2003, 10:51 PM
this one :) and www.jedi-outcast.com)
 ninja
01-10-2003, 12:56 AM
i'de like to see what it looks like, do you have pictures? for some reason in the web sites they havent uploaded the BETA in the models section yet.
 Hellfire Jedi
01-10-2003, 6:03 AM
no where has it yet :(
 slurpy_commando
01-10-2003, 9:37 PM
I don't know why they haven't uploaded it yet. its one of those wierd things. Who knows, by the time they post it, i could have the update ready!
 Hellfire Jedi
01-10-2003, 9:41 PM
Email me it
blazoor@aol.com
I will put it on my website for downloads ok?
 ninja
01-10-2003, 10:25 PM
type in your web site link if he sends you the beta.
 slurpy_commando
01-11-2003, 6:30 PM
ok hellfire, i sent you a "better" version. This one has team colors, bots, and some of the mesh holes fixed
 Hellfire Jedi
01-11-2003, 6:44 PM
Get it up in a bit.
Tell u this much guys....
You wont be depressed it rocks
 ninja
01-11-2003, 7:10 PM
sounds very exciting, i'm figiting in my chair like a drug junky. "WHERES THAT MODEL" lol just kidding ha ha no :)
 Hellfire Jedi
01-11-2003, 7:59 PM
Since it is geocities i will be putting it up tonight and let it run. But one thing you guys should know....
The skin looks a little weird :) But the model is excelllent. So if you want screens a couple of the face and body well......Email

*edit* Well I had nothing to do so....
http://www.geocities.com/mikeman02341/scout)
 ninja
01-11-2003, 9:22 PM
went to your site at geocities and saw the pics of the scout. dude when that model is done it is gonna look so awsome.

@ slurpy_commando, i played your model and i think so far it is very impressive. much thanks to you, its good to know you as well as many other modelers out there, are part of making other people happy with out being payed money for your services. that shows alot of character. so incase you did'nt realize it, besides tallent you have character.
 slurpy_commando
01-11-2003, 11:33 PM
haha, the reason the skin looks wierd is because i used ms paint and made a black square and a white square for the textures :). Plus there is still some of the mesh that needs re-adjusting. But right now i have a more serious problem, I can't re-install jk2! I run setup.exe, but it keeps asking me if i want to remove it, not to install it. I checked the add-remove program thing in control panel and it's still listed as installed( but its not). I press the add/remove button to get rid of it, and it says it did, but when i go back to it its still listed as installed!
 ninja
01-12-2003, 12:00 AM
delete it through windows explorer. sometimes i uninstall a game or a demo of a game and it still leaves the folders with all the data in it.
 slurpy_commando
01-12-2003, 12:56 PM
no, i deleted all of it. I did a search through my computer and deleted all jedi outcast files. Then i did a search in regedit and deleted everything in the registry (that took it off the add/remove program list) but it's still not leting me install. I run the setup.exe from the game cd, the splash screen with kyle pops up and there's that install wizard progress bar that preps it for install. Then instead of going to the first install screen, a message box pops up saying " Do you want to delete the selected files?" You can choose "cancel" which makes it quit, and "ok" which deletes nothing, and then says "finished preforming mantinance on jedi outcast". I might have to have word or two with ravensoft. :snow:
 boinga1
01-12-2003, 10:57 PM
dude, that trooper needs to be skinned...BAD. The torso seems large compared to the head (at least from behind). Maybe it's really like that, but you might want to look into it.
 ninja
01-12-2003, 11:12 PM
well from what i know this guys still working on the model, its only a beta. and of course skining it will be the ice-ing on the cake.

@ slurpy_commando i hope you dont plan on having the team colors on the scout to be all a solid color such as blue and red. i think it would just take away the flair the model has. maybe like a stripe, kinda like the clone troopers just something minor. i did'nt like the way the storm troopers looked with solid colors. or maybe you thought of that already, maybe not.
 slurpy_commando
01-13-2003, 1:10 AM
I was thinking about having a shoulder pad be a different color, skinning is not something i can do. Some of the models parts are much too complex to UWV map. I could add shaders, but the glare from the armor reflection would look really bad on a solid white. but, hey my friend swung me over a nice copy of windows xp, so now jedi outcast works! but now another problem has come up, this time with 3d studio max. I keep getting some wierd security warning when i start it.
 ninja
01-13-2003, 1:30 AM
yeah i experienced problems before too. i had problems with the 3d hardware in my computer, it was'nt set up right. that made my game crash alot.
 SiThLoRd><1000
01-13-2003, 1:35 AM
That model still looks pretty kickin' in its earlier stages! HooHaa!
 Wolfey
01-13-2003, 8:51 AM
Eeeeeeey Slurpy! Nice model, but the skin looks odd. I know it is beta and all that, but im just saying what it is. ...or something like that....
And btw, that pistol, nice work!
One more thing, DO NOT SEND IT TO JEDI-OUTCAST.COM! They do not update the filebase. They only care bout the forums, those sobbs.
:D
PS: i would be glad if u rated my post!
PSS: the http://www.lucasforums.com/images/storerate.gif) link under my post.
PSSS: ...thank you...
 slurpy_commando
01-13-2003, 6:31 PM
ok, so far i have fixed all the problems with my computer. The first problem was solved by upgrading to xp, the second problem was solved by installing a newer version of c-dilla. Now 3ds max works and now jk2 works :) . Skinning will be a somewhat difficult task because 1. I know Ms paint is the best-in-all but it has its limitations. 2. The vest, helmet, knee pads make up 70% of the model's poly count, trying to uvwmap that sucka is going to take some time :) . I also need to figure out how to make the pistol show up in first-person, anyone know?
 ninja
01-16-2003, 8:40 PM
hey slurp... are u working on this model all by yourself? maybe you should ask someone to help.
 slurpy_commando
01-16-2003, 10:28 PM
why yes, i am. You wouldn'y happen to know any good skinners would you? I'd do it myself, but i'm such a noob.
 boinga1
01-16-2003, 11:43 PM
about the glare ahader...you could make it only for the goggles or something.
 ninja
01-17-2003, 1:43 AM
sorry pal i dont know of any skinners personaly, but you can always try to ask the other guys who have made models. try it you'll never know, but i know K-MAN is doing some cool stuff, i think he's doing a plo-koon model right now.
 ninja
01-21-2003, 2:28 AM
hey just wanted to see hows it going, and also to compliment you on the frazez the model says. he's got a filthy mouth lol. the frazez you see in writing on the screen. very cool, but thats good you did'nt make it too filthy.
 slurpy_commando
01-21-2003, 9:53 PM
model is going good, I re-wieghted some parts so the anims. look better. I'm going to re-submit it to jediknightii.net and jk2files.com. Maybe this time they'll post it.
 ninja
01-22-2003, 12:26 AM
i think the web-sites only accept or want fully skinned models, even without BOTS. but fully skinned. thats what happend with the covenet elite model.
 El Sitherino
01-22-2003, 12:47 AM
i could host it. if you want. that is until jediknightii.net puts it up.
 slurpy_commando
01-22-2003, 6:50 PM
sure insanesith you can host it, can i get a place to send it? I think i'll send hellfire jedi and you the less-cracky version. And if the sites i sent it to won't post it because of my two-color textures then that's their loss, I'm not an artist, just someone who pokes around at stuff. Also I'm working on some more "troopers", this might include atst driver, imperial commando, and imperial gunner, and zero-g trooper.
 El Sitherino
01-22-2003, 7:07 PM
post edited my email is nolonger up.
 ninja
01-22-2003, 7:28 PM
hey slurp, a imperial gunner would be a great idea. as for an imperial commando, and zero-g trooper i have no idea what they look like. do you have any reffernce pics of those?
 slurpy_commando
01-23-2003, 8:58 PM
http://imperial.star-fleet.org/) <-- this site has a crap load of 3d starwars models free for download, all in .3ds format. I'm not doing the commando because its in the dark forces MOD demo. and i' sending insanesith the file..... ...... ..... now, wait no........ now.
 ninja
01-23-2003, 10:29 PM
theres something wrong with the hyper links. nothing happens when i click on a character name, and some display a pop up screen with a broken link. and also i had talked to K-MAN to see if he would skin your model, but he's really tied up in alot of things right now. he cant even finish his own models at the moment.
 slurpy_commando
01-23-2003, 10:38 PM
 El Sitherino
01-23-2003, 11:03 PM
ok the model is up you can get it here (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JOFaF/files/scout.zip) click teh link and the download will pop up.
 slurpy_commando
01-30-2003, 8:38 PM
hooray for asian women!
 El Sitherino
01-30-2003, 9:00 PM
Originally posted by slurpy_commando
hooray for asian women! you know it. anyways. anynews on the other sites uploading it?
 slurpy_commando
01-31-2003, 8:03 PM
muhahaha... Well... heheheh... no. So far I've gotten no e-mails back saying they won't accept it, or no news on any of the site that that have uploaded it. I could keep sending it to them intill they tell me to shove it, or i could not.
 ninja
02-06-2003, 2:26 AM
hey whats up slurpy, did you ever find someone to skin your model yet?
 slurpy_commando
02-08-2003, 7:35 PM
so far... no luck :(
 slurpy_commando
02-15-2003, 12:06 PM
www.jk2files.com) has posted my beta, go get it!
 SupremePain
02-15-2003, 12:11 PM
so you want a skinner? ill give it a shot... dosent seam to be so hard to skin, want a shader on him so his armor is shiny?
 ninja
02-15-2003, 1:20 PM
hey slurpy there you go man. hows that for luck :)
 slurpy_commando
02-15-2003, 5:52 PM
exellent! I'll have to make texture maps, that might take a little while, maybe by some time next week.
 ninja
03-18-2003, 7:13 AM
theres another guy thats posting he is offering his help to do skinning just in case BK does'nt follow through. not doubting BK. just helping if something goes wrong. "always be prepared"
 ninja
03-23-2003, 7:24 PM
wassabi.
 ninja
04-08-2003, 1:42 AM
hi slurpy, how goes it? any new juicy details?
Page: 1 of 2