Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help me!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 guybrush guy
01-06-2003, 9:11 AM
i have a huge delema..i cant install any OS (operating system) on my PC, i'm compleatly stuck. I cant figure out how to fix it, i'm hopeing that i'm not going to need a new hard drive.

Problem: I was watching a movie on my PC when my computer crashed, this is not a big deal to me, so i format and then go to load win98 back on my PC. I get half way threw the instalation and i get the "BLUE SCRREN OF DEATH" this is puzzeling to me becuase windows is'nt fully installed, so you would think that i could'nt recieve this message? so i get frustrated and i load Win 2000 on my pc, the same thing happens agin..it turns out i cant install any OS on my PC, i've tryed them all, even 95!

I was wondering if anybody had any sugestions?

(reason i did'nt put this in the help section was becuase i dont think many people read the help section, but i could be wrong)
 Spaff
01-10-2003, 2:47 PM
have you formatted the drive?

it could be memory issues tho if it worked before i doubt it.
gimme a mojo message and ill try and help yer:)
 Alien426
01-11-2003, 11:09 AM
What does the blue screen say? Have you tried scanning the hard disc before installation? Maybe try to move the MBR to another sector...
Page: 1 of 1