Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game Ideas

Page: 1 of 1
 Thew Rydur
01-04-2003, 8:39 PM
Well its currently 1:38 in the morning here and this is my second time trying to post this. I figured I'd make a thread where people can post ideas for games they would like to see made since it seems most gamers have at least one or two ideas floating around. I'll post an idea tommorow to show you what I mean, but right now I need some sleep.
 Wraith 8
01-05-2003, 7:15 AM
well.. its a good idea... to post an idea thread... and if it catches on... this thread that is... i will move it to the development forum....
but for now.. its good here ... seeing that more people use the off topic then the development :D

side note: 100 days to april the 15th (Release date SWG)

well.... what i already know will not be in the game... cause i asked... but it would be cool to have patches... So people can see on wich PA they are.

Also i would like the abbilaty to write doen a name.. or a corporate name on the side of speeders and space ships.

those would be cool

-Wraith 8-
 Thew Rydur
01-05-2003, 1:49 PM
Well Wraith to tell you the truth I didn't mean for this thread to be SWG game ideas, but now that you mention it, its a really good idea. What I meant was ideas for games to be made. You know like an FPS set in the old west or something like that. Anyway I'll make a seperate thread for that.

As for SWG game ideas.... I always thought it would be cool to have holsters for guns. That way you'd get a bonus to speed when drawing.
 Kiedo
01-05-2003, 4:57 PM
That'd be hella cool :D

Maybe they could add it in a later patch :confused:
 JoKen
01-05-2003, 5:24 PM
I've got some experience with making games, but i'm not great with graphic design, although I'm available if anyone's interested...
 Benihana14
01-05-2003, 7:03 PM
I think it'd be cool if they implemented a chat like they did on EverQuest....they added a setup recently that allows people to create a chat channel....for example, I have probably 6 friends from my town that play everquest, and they play sparatically over 3 servers...so they chat on this channel that can go from server to server, and allows them to talk to each other even if on a different server.....I thought it was a great idea, and would be even better on a single character server game like SWG...
 Luey Fubar
01-06-2003, 9:28 AM
The game I'm making at the moment is a SNES style RPG. Here some info about it

On the closing stages of the Strewn islands civil war, dark mysterious patches in the sky appeared over the western martial island of Galefire in the light of day, the patches spread and the island was cast into darkness. Undead arose from the sea and Graveyards, laying waste and overpowering the military presence on the soon-to-be forsaken Island.

Ten years later, the same event occurred to the civilian town island of Gaurs-province, reduced to rubble, ashes and abandoned castles & fortifications.

In the following years, youths were discovered with strange auras, those of which would be found in grand mages or Imperial Paladins, the children were locked away in a magic hibernation chamber, deep inside Military islands, hidden from prying eyes.

Nearly a century later, a dark patch was sighted above the Strewn Islands Capitol ‘Glisten’, the government ordered that the Sleeping ones would be awakened, to find and stop the source of the adversities before Glisten is lost.

Features

- Dynamic water effects, sound effects, ambience effects and special effects.

- Dynamic Message System

- Monster Rips by Ultimate Maxim

- Massively Explore-able towns and villages

entertained between vital events

- Hundreds of weapons, items, spell books and jewellery.

- Various chipsets by Magikoopa, ripped from Sd3

Screenshots

http://www.fubargaming.com/angelic_oath/docks.jpg)

http://www.fubargaming.com/angelic_oath/story_2.gif)

http://www.fubargaming.com/angelic_oath/story_3.jpg)

http://www.fubargaming.com/angelic_oath/story_4.jpg)

Some of the screenshots are a bit smudged, whoops.
 Thew Rydur
01-06-2003, 3:59 PM
That game your making looks awesome. I was a huge Secret of Mana fan. Can you tell me where I can download it when its done?
 Luey Fubar
01-06-2003, 6:39 PM
Sure, look at my sig. Fubar Gaming site. *Points to Sig*
 Thew Rydur
01-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks alot.

As for SWG ideas i came up with a few more:

Rental Speeders/Bikes/Swoops

A gladitorial circuit actually controlled by the devs
 JoKen
01-07-2003, 7:23 AM
As for the speeder department I hope we get to buy and fly T-16s.
 Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 8:39 AM
Gladiating would be cool, but gambling would then be necessary. I don't want to just watch a fight, I want to bet on it.
 Thew Rydur
01-07-2003, 3:23 PM
That could be a good business, organizing fights and swoop races and being a booky. There was a thread a long time ago about something like this. A guy wanted to start a Colusium (sp?) but he didn't stay around long.
 Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 3:39 PM
If it were possible, I'd be all about it, but we'll have to wait and see. I wonder if the devs will be able to add stuff like this in the future, or if they have already planned for such activities.
 Thew Rydur
01-08-2003, 11:06 PM
How about a new medical class, surgeon. Not only can they heal serious wounds but also perform cosmetic surgergy. Not so happy with that face you pick out in the charc. gen? How about a face lift? Reconsidering your choice to have a "fat" charcater? How about some lyphosuction? (sp?) They could also install mechanical devices in players bodies to boost their stats.
 Deft Aklin
01-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Stat raising is always bad. No matter how minimal, it always gets out of hand somehow. I had a Devaronian with 14D dexterity and 20D Strength. Bad, very bad. All legal from the WEG game rules, but very bad.
 Ingrown
01-09-2003, 1:10 AM
I want to see the ability to have voice comm. You could connect with one or more players and just talk to each other with your mic. It would be ideal if you would participate in battle together.
 Deft Aklin
01-09-2003, 9:11 AM
Originally posted by Ingrown
I want to see the ability to have voice comm. You could connect with one or more players and just talk to each other with your mic. It would be ideal if you would participate in battle together.

Now that is one of the best ideas I have heard. I think it might be an addition that can wait for the space expansion though. Although cool for ground battles, it's essential for space combat. Great idea Ingrown! Now if we can just let the devs hear about it.....
 Danz0r
01-12-2003, 1:58 AM
Well...If you want to know what my idea is for a new Star wars game , then read on. well...i think they are already doing this but i am not sure. wait....they are doing it. Argh Never mind:nut:
 Benihana14
01-12-2003, 4:15 AM
Fantastic Luey! What program are you using to build it? Did you "rip" alot of the designs from Secret of Mana and the like? Again, nice...I'm thinking of tinkering in making a game....just don't have the time, and can't decide on which storyline i'd use :P Have too many...
 Admiral_Ackbar8
01-14-2003, 8:56 PM
a good game idea for me would be a lord of the rings age of empires video game
 Sounds Risky
01-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Admiral_Ackbar8
a good game idea for me would be a lord of the rings age of empires video game

There is a Lord of the Rings strategy game being made called The War of the Ring.
 JoKen
01-15-2003, 7:38 AM
To Benihana14:
I've dabbled a bit in the game making department, and before you start, I believe it's my responsibility to tell you: IT'S WAY HARDER THAN IT LOOKS!

Thank you for your time.;)
Page: 1 of 1