Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No matter what i do.. it crashes.

Page: 1 of 1
 Lilli~*~
01-04-2003, 2:52 AM
The game crashes every time in the same situation: After Manny is i his uniform and he and Glottis drive out from the forest. After the cutscene it freezes and soon exits the program to Windows desktop. (I've read that I should be bumping into some bone-beavers next)

I have the directX version that the game needs (6?). My computer is a crappy ol' thing, 123hz, 32ram, no 3d-support.
With these circumstances it is a miracle that the game has until now run quite smoothly. I have tried everyhting I can think of, istalled it several times, and tried different settings, but nothing helps.

What should I do? I am not going to get a new pc (simply because lack of money)

I was only thinking, if I got a saved game that would be a bit after that sequence, maybe I could avoid the crash?
I don't know anyone, who would let me try if it crashes on their computer too at the same point. It could be a problem with the cd too, since the harddrive doesn't make the squealing noises it usually does when it has problems.

Any good ideas would be appreciated.
 ZaXeriaw
01-04-2003, 1:13 PM
Hmm... Don't think you need the patch on a 123mhz, so he only thing I can do is sending you a save game... Just send me a Private Msg, with your e-mail...
 Bigshynepo
06-27-2004, 2:22 AM
The same thing is happening to me, I have a 750mhz, patched. I have no insight at all into this.... :(
I wanna play so bad. :)
 el_EdGaR
07-28-2004, 4:05 PM
I had a similar problem. My game used to crash always on year 2, when heading to the tattoo shop: I never got in there. Funny thing is I've got my Spanish version copy bought and the original version downloaded, and both crash at that point.

Today I've found out about the official patch, installed it, and it doesn't get stuck anymore there (it may crash later, that I don't know). So if you haven't got the patch installed, try it: it appears to fix more things than it lists.
Page: 1 of 1