Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LOTR: Two Towers

Page: 1 of 1
 Kiedo
01-02-2003, 9:42 AM
Hmm...for some reason the forums chewed up my post and spat it into forum hell. Anyway, I'll post my original message...

So what did everyone think of the movie? I'll post my thoughts in this handy little spoiler thingy...

I think they got Gollum just perfect, especially the parts when his two personalities argue :D
But in the book, Frodo never went to Osgiliath. And Aragorn falling over that cliff was kind of stupid.

What did you guys think?
 Jan Gaarni
01-02-2003, 9:57 AM
Yeah, I thought that part about Gollum was great too. :D
And the best part with that midget .... *gets kicked in the shin by Gimli* ... AUUU, ok, ok, I'm sorry. Dwarf ... sheez :rolleyes: ... was his line when we saw all the people/elves on the wall and then just the top of the Dwarf *glares at Gimli* over it. :D
Great movie! Recommended!
 Thew Rydur
01-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Yeah Gollum was definately good in it. I though Gimli had some pretty funny lines to :D Anyway I thought that on a whole the action was much better then the first too.
 JEDI_MASTA
01-02-2003, 10:42 AM
You can never expect the first movie in a trilogy to be action pakced... i dont realize why u guys are so hard on episode 1
 Thew Rydur
01-02-2003, 1:11 PM
Well I thought Eps. 1 had a a few good moments, but I'd say what ruined it can be summed up in three words: Jar Jar Binks :D
 Benihana14
01-02-2003, 1:18 PM
If by "episode 1" you mean Fellowship of the Ring, I don't believe anyone is very hard on it. The story was fantastic, and speaking for myself I loved it completely. In "episode 2" The Two Towers it is also fantastic...there is just simply more action at the end of the movie. However I agree completely with you Kiedo on the mistakes of the movie. Those were 2 of the biggest 3 things I had problems with. The 3rd being the movie ending way short of the book.

I believe the part where Aragorn falls off the cliff is to just add random suspense, and to show that he still loves Arwen, even though that trick (Eowyn) is after him. The osgiliath journey still pisses me off, because Faramir is suppose to be nice from the start of it...OH WELL. I hope they didn't use that small Osgiliath battle so they could skip the later battle. And I'm wondering what all they will remove from the 3rd book into the movie, since they have to finish up the second book first....

NOW, if by "episode 1" you meant Star Wars: Episode 1. I'd probably be speaking for myself, since most people here probably enjoy the newer movies....I personally disliked it. Special effects and settings = amazing! Acting = HORRIBLE. It just annoys me that they can't take the time to get a scene right, or pick a kid to freaking play the most important character in the films (vader :vader3:). And that statement refers to Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christansen. I'm a huge fan of the originally trilogy, even if Luke Skywalker was annoying...he got better. For some reason, I just haven't been able to fully enjoy the new ones. Oh well....let the Ben Bashing Begin :)
 Kiedo
01-02-2003, 1:19 PM
Hah...at least Eps. 1 wasn't as bad as the games
 Wraith 8
01-02-2003, 2:59 PM
I just saw it a couple of hours ago...... man did that movie rock

and i just loved gimli... he is realy funny :D
 Kiedo
01-03-2003, 4:30 AM
Yup, Gimli has some pretty funny parts :)

But I thought he was kinda stupid in the first movie
 Thew Rydur
01-03-2003, 4:43 AM
Did anyone else get the Fellowship special edition, it was really nice and had about 30 min. of extra footage added right in.
 Kiedo
01-03-2003, 4:46 AM
The 4-disc thing? I couldn't really be arsed to buy it, so I haven't seen any extra footage :(

But I did go to a special screening of the Fellowship just to see a short Two Towers trailer :p
 Wraith 8
01-03-2003, 6:11 AM
Originally posted by Thew Rydur
Did anyone else get the Fellowship special edition, it was really nice and had about 30 min. of extra footage added right in. uhm... im saving up to pre order SWG... dont have the money :p
 Kiedo
01-03-2003, 6:19 AM
Hehe...you could try busking, always works when you're short on money and you want people's spare change...:p
 Jan Gaarni
01-03-2003, 7:23 AM
Did anyone else get the Fellowship special edition
Uu uu, I have, I have. :blubounc: :D
 Kiedo
01-03-2003, 8:42 AM
Is it worth getting for the extra scenes?

:uzi1: :blubounc:
 Jan Gaarni
01-03-2003, 9:04 AM
I think so, yeah.

I've never read the books, so it explained alittle better the whole thing. Like showing Bilbo sitting by his desk, writing his book There and Back Again, how Gollum came to be, and such.

:)
 Thew Rydur
01-03-2003, 9:05 AM
I'd say so, plus I haven't even looked at the to discs with all the extra features yet.
 Kiedo
01-03-2003, 9:13 AM
I've never read the books

I pity tha' foo' who don' read no LOTR books! :D
 Benihana14
01-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Id highly suggest getting the special edition....the 30 minutes of extra footage aren't just added in, in one chunk....they are dispersed througout the movie. From 10 minutes of introducing hobbits, to 3 seconds of showing how much cooler Legolas can be....and it makes lothlorien so much better...I don't get up to pee at that part again :) Also, the actors commentary is really interesting and funny, and the 2 appendices aren't too bad. Especially the 2nd one, which goes behind the scenes of the filming of the movie....its a good time, and well worth it. Probably only around 30 bucks right now.
 Wraith 8
01-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Kiedo
I pity tha' foo' who don' read no LOTR books! :D hey..... i didint :D you pitty me ... hah? small frie :p J/K
 Jan Gaarni
01-03-2003, 1:20 PM
I'd say so, plus I haven't even looked at the to discs with all the extra features yet.
LOL, neither have I :D

Got to get around to it soon. ;)
 Kiedo
01-03-2003, 2:10 PM
You have to read the books to notice some of the stupid mistakes they made in the movies...:p

(Shelob!!!!!!)
 swediot=)
01-03-2003, 2:38 PM
Yup, Gimli has some pretty funny parts :)

But I thought he was kinda stupid in the first movie
you will die for your own stupidity gimli is by far the coolest character ever!!:p :D
 Benihana14
01-03-2003, 5:00 PM
You have to read the books to notice some of the stupid mistakes they made in the movies...

(Shelob!!!!!!)

Don't worry Kiedo...shelob will be in the third movie...
 Kiedo
01-04-2003, 4:27 AM
She better be! :D :p
 Benihana14
01-04-2003, 1:43 PM
Oh she will... :)

At the end of the Two Towers Gollum goes on this rant about how "she can kill them, and we can takes the precious"....She = Shelob....
 Trahern Valley
01-05-2003, 4:18 PM
The book/s isn't/aren't a masterpiece. It/they is/are merely brilliant. I shan't go into personal opinions about it all, because then this would become a rant. I shall merely mention that BBC Radio did an audio version of The Lord of The Rings which, Tom Bombadil aside, remains far closer to the written work.

Ian Holm, the guy who plays Bilbo in the movie, plays Frodo in the radio one. Might confuse some people.

And the voice of that singing eagle is just too damn silly. It's not even in tune...
 Kiedo
01-05-2003, 4:46 PM
For the people who don't the *ahem* 'advantage' of BBC, it's just our main TV channel, and they have radio and stuff :D
 Benihana14
01-05-2003, 7:06 PM
Was this audio version the same version that can be purchased on CD at Barnes and Noble or whatever store...is it the same version as the audio book?
 Jan Gaarni
01-06-2003, 11:57 AM
I had BBC Prime and World, but the new layout of the channels on the cable has made it so I only have Prime left. :rolleyes:
 Kiedo
01-06-2003, 12:19 PM
lol, I haven't got Prime OR World, we just have BBC1 & 2 :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1