Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bowling for Columbine

Page: 1 of 1
 BooJaka
12-31-2002, 7:45 AM
Hello. I was just looking through the internet and came across the film Bowling for Columbine. Has anyone seen this film? If so, what's it like? I saw the trailer and it looked quite good and some guy said it was "hilarious". Then I read a review and they said it was a documentary about firearms in America. So, naturally, I'm confused. The more important question however is: is it the kind of film you can take a date to?
 MrManager
12-31-2002, 7:56 AM
I actually didn't catch the movie in the theaters, but I do know it is a documentary, and it'll probably make you laugh if you agree with Michael Moore or at least can see things from his point of view. I doubt it's much of a date movie though.
 BooJaka
12-31-2002, 7:58 AM
Oh man. My local cimema sucks. Any suggestions?
 elTee
12-31-2002, 11:24 AM
That is a documentary, but it is edited in a way to show like it has a plot - Michael Moore goes to see this guy: the guy tells him that he needs to talk to that guy, so they go - Oh NO! They aren't allowed in, etc etc.
 Cookie3118
12-31-2002, 2:47 PM
Yes, it's a documentary. No, it's not really a date film . . . the first half of the film hilariously presents the subject at hand. The second half gets it down to the nitty-gritty and is far more serious, presenting the real dilemma. Quite interesting and I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:
 BooJaka
12-31-2002, 3:41 PM
So, any ideas on what I could take a date to see which is at English cinemas which isn't Lord Of The Rings?

I need your help
 Gabez
01-01-2003, 1:26 AM
Last time I checked, there was a movie called Anija and Me... or something. Well it’s supposed to be quite good.
 Mort-Hog
01-01-2003, 2:45 AM
TTT is a good bet, especially if you're both ner...gee...I mean, quite intellectual.
 BooJaka
01-01-2003, 4:23 AM
We've both seen TTT and, even though the nearest cinema has 14 or so screens, it isn't showing Anija & Me (I don't even know what that is).

Damn those Warner Brothers.
 Gabez
01-02-2003, 3:49 AM
Well it's probably stopped showing now. Or maybe I just made it up.

Mmm... Is that James Bond film still around? That's quite fun.
 guybrush guy
01-02-2003, 4:09 AM
there is a new movie out called "Max" it looks rather interesting. It's about Hitler in his younger years. It takes place when he was a young painter. the story depicts on how he slowley went insane. I was wondering if anybody has seen this movie, if they have would they be kind enough to tell me how it was?
 Metallus
01-08-2003, 3:46 AM
Bowling for Columbine is a terrific film. It really gets people talking. Unfortunately, not enough people have seen it who have posted in this thread. It's still in theatres in some places, but expect to have to take a drive to another town to see it. It's worth it, though.
 Sarah
01-10-2003, 12:49 AM
I saw B for C twice in theater, laughed, cried, etc. Completely drank the kool-aid.

I have mixed feelings about Michael Moore, but a lot of them are really really positive. He's a generous soul. He did a book signing at my university, and it was, in all honesty, the most inspiring oratory I've ever heard.

Hundreds of people showed up. Even though it was his second book signing and speech of the day, he sat in the auditorium until well after midnight, making sure that every person in line got a chance to get their books signed and shake his hand (and meanwhile sign a petition to get out student government ousted -- long story, heh).

What's more, he played the first half or so of his movie for free while people waited in line. (Not to mention a few episodes of The Awful Truth.)

I was taken aback at this generosity... whatever his motives are, they're clearly not monetary.
 spoon_man
01-13-2003, 9:23 AM
Michael Moore is a god and Bowling For Columbine is probably the greatest film to come out in 2002.
Page: 1 of 1