Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's this game all about anyway ?

Page: 1 of 1
 NinjaFox
05-11-2000, 5:41 AM
Someone told me I they are convert this game to pc, and I was gonna love that part. So what's this game all about anyway ?
 Darth_Simpson
05-11-2000, 7:06 PM
Read the press release. I hope it will be out for PC
 Commander 598
05-11-2000, 10:34 PM
Its about the resistance against the trade federation.Ihave some screen shots mail me for them.
 Grand Admiral Thrawn
05-15-2000, 3:35 AM
Screenshots other than what's on the LEC site? What do you do, work for Factor 5?

------------------
The Darkside? I've been there. Do your worst.
 Kurgan
05-15-2000, 9:03 PM
We'll try to get our review up by the end of the day.. (here's hoping!)

Kurgan
 NinjaFox
05-16-2000, 11:31 AM
Close, but no cig. I was just wondering what the heck the game is all about. With a title "Battle for Naboo", you should guess there's a bit fighing in it. And Naboo. but X-Wing style ? Mortal Kombat style ? Carmageddon style ? Rebellion style ? WarCraft style ?
 ShadeShifter
05-16-2000, 6:18 PM
I think that it's Rogue Squadron style.

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/ms2/timeslide/newsig.jpg)
 Kurgan
05-17-2000, 12:59 AM
Oops, cancel that. The review should be up by the end of the week. Doh!

Okay, well essentially it boils down to an arcade style, third person shooter.

You get to pilot land and space vehicles against the Trade Federation.

Imagine a cross between the vehicle levels of SOTE and Rouge Squadron in third person view. Now put the game in TPM setting. One could call it a prequel to Rogue Squadron.

That's close, but you really have to see the game to get what's going on.

Try viewing some of the movies that are out on the 'net for it. DailyRadar (bad as their reviews are) was nice enough to post those for our benefit.

The game is cool because you can shoot buildings and they turn into wreckage, and you get to fly STAP's and stuff. You can run over Battle Droids in Theed with your speeder as well.

Another nice feature is that it doesn't use fog. ; )

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 29, 2000).]
 NinjaFox
05-18-2000, 11:27 AM
Sounds like a fun game ! Gotta see it first, though. N64 they say ? Hm...a friend got it ?
 Kurgan
05-18-2000, 2:50 PM
The graphics are excellent for an N64 game, I was impressed. The gameplay was limited, but that was because it was an alpha demo.

It only featured three levels, and the enemies didn't seem to fire back, plus the Destroyer droids didn't use shields. There's alot left to be finished, but it looks very promising.

No, I don't have an N64, and my pc is too slow for emulation to be any good.

Kurgan
 Darth_Simpson
05-22-2000, 7:05 PM
Battle for Naboo looks like Rogue Squadron. I was hoping it was going to an expansion pack for RS on the PC, because then it would be cheaper. But then it was coming out for N64, which kinda sux. The N64 is getting old already, but I guess N64 gamers need some good games too. My guess is that it will be out for PC as well, like Rogue Squadron!
 NinjaFox
05-29-2000, 9:05 AM
Here's an idea. I got a slow 333MHZ, and completed Mario64 without a single slowdown. It all went perfect. Now I've overcloaked to 416MHz, and started thinking.
Wouldn't it be fun it they released the emugames on cd's for sale ? I mean, go to a store and buy Mario64 and a emulator. On the same cd. This way it's much easier to get great games, and they don't even need to convert them. I've played Mario64, I've played Final Fantasy 4,5 and 6, I've played Golden Axe. All on pc. On emu. Heck, I've completed Giana Sisters twice !
 NinjaFox
05-29-2000, 9:07 AM
Giana Sisters on C64 AND Amiga, by the way
 Kurgan
05-29-2000, 8:58 PM
Well, technically that would be illegal, as most emulators are made for free, and for fear of being sued for "promoting piracy of roms" they always say not to package the emulator with roms or to sell it.

However, I think in parts of Asia where copyright laws are more slack or less enforced, you can actually buy ROM cd's in regular stores.

However, recently, they have offered commercially released roms for sale as emulators. Ie: Buy a hotrod joystick and you get a bunch of capcom arcade roms ( http://www.hanaho.com) ) or you can buy one of Sega's "Smash Pack" type things which is basically a modified KGen emu with Genesis roms. Those are 100% legal and pretty good.

And hey, roms and systems from defunct companies are being released by the developers all the time, so you never know!

Kurgan
 NinjaFox
05-31-2000, 5:53 AM
Or how about one cd with -one- game, and another cd with a bunch of emulators ? This way you can buy the game for N64 or PC, your choice. The game's the same. But you don't have to buy a N64 just to get the one game you really want ! (ok, Zelda). Selling the emu's separate can't be that illegal. Heck, you get them for free online, it's just the games you need. And one game on one cd, is it really that bad an idea ? Just copy the rom to a cd, make a few copies, and sell them. Sell a million copies instead of 500.000 and make a -lot- more money. Money to make future games even better !
 ShadeShifter
06-01-2000, 1:55 AM
The game companies could make more money, but Nintendo was rasing a fuss about NES ROMs which they don't even make money off of anymore.

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/ms2/timeslide/newsig2.jpg)
 NinjaFox
06-05-2000, 11:38 AM
Rom's are cool, we all know that. That's exactly why I want those roms for sale, I don't want to buy a N64 just to get Battle over Naboo, for instance. But I really want BoN ! Just sell the rom on a disc, and make it illegal to get from the 'net like we can now. Lot more people can enjoy those excellent games !
 FCMan
08-18-2000, 9:23 PM
Kurgan,I got a question. Where do you get the demo for Battle for Naboo. And if you got it cuz you're special.How can I get it? Cuz the demo sounds way cool and I wanna see it for myself. Either that or you could post a couple screen shots of the ships and battle droids being ran over and some of the other cool stuff. Please tell me and others where to get the demo cuz that would be 'coooool' http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/cool.gif)

[This message has been edited by FCMan (edited August 19, 2000).]
Page: 1 of 1