Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Patch in progress for the Demo

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Linux
12-29-2002, 8:35 PM
I'm putting together a small patch for the DEMO of the Dark Forces MOD.

It'll be under 500k and include the following updates:

EAX support
minor skin tweaks to the Commando
Imperial Officer blast correct color
improved shaders for various textures

let me know if you think something not listed here is really broken and needs fixing.

thanks
 Monkey Mania
12-29-2002, 9:08 PM
Can you add something in there so people who already played the demo 500 times have a reason to play it again? Kyle model perhaps? Well...SOMETHING! Cuz those updates listed are very minor for a demo that's been released for quite a few months already. Sorry if I seem picky, its 1:00am here, gotta goto bed....:o
 Emon
12-30-2002, 5:29 AM
Are you adding real EAX support by creating the EAL files for the levels which will allow for actual sound distortions like echoes, reverb, etc, or are you just adding the option in the menu?

The menu thing just turns the cvar on and off, and if you already have it on before loading the mod (either ingame or command line), it will still be there. Adding a menu button doesn't add EAX support.
 Darth_Linux
12-30-2002, 6:57 AM
Yes we are creating the Eagle files for the map. Guess we'll have to make sure the EAX option reappears on the menu as well ;-)

As far as new content, if the Kyle model gets done soon enough I'll include that, but this is just a patch. The demo was only released a month ago, so while I understand everyone's eagerness to see what happens next, there isn't anything substantial I can add at this point. Most of the new stuff we have is art resources for levels that aren't even started yet.

Hang in there . . .
 Katarn07
12-30-2002, 8:31 AM
I'm with MonkeyMania on that one. I am demoed out... I did suggest the blast color correct a while ago, and I'll be happy to see that in the final release. EAX, though I have no clue what it is, sounds cool.
 Emon
12-31-2002, 8:08 PM
 The Count
01-02-2003, 4:36 AM
Wonderful when I get a new PC I'll be able to try that out.
 michael_collins
01-02-2003, 6:45 AM
poor dooku, im startin to feel sorry for this one
Page: 1 of 1