Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battle for Naboo demo for the PC

Page: 1 of 1
 Kyee7K
02-24-2001, 7:51 PM
For the longest time, I have always hoped that Lucasarts would get off their laurals (from their Star Wars hype) and design a worthwhile product. Don't mistake me, I at first felt ambiguous towards their merchandise several years ago, but became an avid fan with the likes of Tie Fighter, Jedi Knight and MotS, and Star Wars Alliance (I wish they would have completed the Azameen saga.) game for the PC. In fact, Tie Fighter was probably my very first computer game I ever played(as such, I am an avid space sim fan).
However, beginning with a string of terrible games starting with Rebellion and continuing on towards Battle for Naboo (PC), I gradually became apathetic towards Lucasarts and their games as they have likewise become apathetic towards their fans and ignorant in other sim advances (Starlancer, Freespace 1 & 2 come to mind) that they could have taken advantage of , but didn't.
However, I hope my assessment is wrong and they get off their butts and start creating new and exciting storylines.
A hopeful cynic.
 Kurgan
02-24-2001, 11:25 PM
So are you saying BFN was good or bad?

What did you think of the PC demo?

Kurgan
 Darth_Simpson
02-28-2001, 6:43 PM
If you ask me, the PC demo was absolutely rubbish. And this comes from a huge Rogue Squadron fan!

The graphics are horrible, the animation is shabby, the music is laughable, and the control is uncontrollable...

I was expecting much more!
Page: 1 of 1