Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is it just me or does this game look alot like Rogue Squadron???

Page: 1 of 1
 Brian29
12-18-2000, 3:44 PM
Judging from some of the screenshots I have seen. This game looks very similiar to Rogue Squadron??? Does this mean that Roque Squadron 2 will really be Battle for Naboo with the addition of xwings and Tie Fighters????

Just curious to know what you all think!!
Look at some of the screenshots and compare for yourself
 Dave Maul
12-18-2000, 7:02 PM
Well, it's made by the sma eguys (Factor 5), so it would obviously bear some resemblence to the latter...
 DarthGohan1016
12-18-2000, 11:45 PM
Well I got the game at 12:00 A.M. this afternoon, and five hours later, I've beaten it, my opinion of this game is that, it's a decent game, but not nearly as good as RS, I'll explain,

BfN has far larger landscapes than RS, but far less detailed, the same colour of green, is all the moutains and lands are made up of, it gets dull, the ships in BfN are nice looking same as RS, but the fighters from RS would wipe the floor with the ships from BfN, becuz in RS, they are faster, and more agile than the ones in BfN...

Now lacking popular SW characters, I found the game lacking in plot, so the plot is mild...

And over all, I'd say the guys at Factor five popped this game out same as JPB, not much time or detail was put into it, atleast not nearly as much time as was put into RS..

Ign gave BfN a higher score than RS, I feel it should have gotten a lower score, for RS is much better...

the space/orbit missions were cool... but hard, which I don't mind a challenge...

I say rent it before you buy it... unlike me *smacks self* Ouch!
 Brian29
12-19-2000, 12:58 AM
Ya I was looking at Lucas Arts website to see if there was anything new in regards to there supposed two big new game announcements, when I clicked on their weekly screenshot which just happened to be from the Battle for Naboo.

When looking at the screenshot I couldn't help but notice how much it looked like Roque Squadron. I am PC game player, so I wont be buying this game anyways. I just couldn't help but point out the way that both those games look!!

[This message has been edited by Brian29 (edited December 18, 2000).]
 Garindan
12-21-2000, 9:31 PM
what about the "dynamic difficulty adjustment"? was that just a bunch of hype, or do the enemies actually get harder?
 DarthGohan1016
12-24-2000, 9:00 PM
There's code just as in RS, that if you put in the code it does make it harder, but the enemies AI isn't any harder, in away it's simpler than the enemies in RS, in BfN, there are like four groups of about 10 droid fighters they all fly in the same direction huddled together, so I just fly low, get behind them and start firing, and poof they're gone....
 Garindan
12-27-2000, 11:53 PM
i think i'll wait for this game to drop below $40 then.
 Jedi SuperBuen
12-30-2000, 1:50 PM
Yeah just like RS for the N64 is now like 50$CAN which means like 30$US

Still havin't bought it yet though...

------------------
Master of Puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams...
Page: 1 of 1