Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who in Tierra could you do without?

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
12-14-2002, 8:11 PM
I'm putting this survey up for a reason. So think carefully about your answer. Who could the story do without, who gets on your nerves, etc. Answer honestly, and if you like, post comments for your reasons. Thanks.
 Darth Eggplant
12-14-2002, 11:10 PM
either the pirate guy or your female member.
(neither are in this poll, but I thought the pirate
was kind of goofy and the female cast member
is ...well.. all the rest of you do voices, while
she just sounds l;ike an australian woman.
not much range there really. anyhow for future
TDLM's that's my 2 cents worth.
 The Adventurer
12-15-2002, 1:44 AM
I thought the pirate was realy great in my opion.

However....

Saddly I have to say number two, why? Its not just his voice its....well....ok its his voice he's fine for a few good one liners and strangly mornoic monologes but you can only take so much. He also can get realy annoying FAST if over used like in some parts of Lost Cause.

Never get rid of Red. EVER!
 MJ
12-15-2002, 7:14 AM
Hate to tell you this, Darthy, but those two weren't in the poll. I can tell you that the pirate will be in the sequal, Avegail won't be.

And yeah, she sounded Australian. As opposed to what, American? Sorry, but you have to realise that Australians die as well. It happens. We lost a fair few people in a bombing in Bali recently, remember?
 Gabez
12-15-2002, 9:38 PM
Everyone was brilliant! But I voted for number two.
 Darth Eggplant
12-15-2002, 9:49 PM
I was thinking more about Galipoli for dead Ozzies
but yes ozzies die, however numerically second,
La Parca, Mikey, the great sage, the pirate,
thomas all were voiced by australians; and yet
they all had different voices, and in lost cause
we have germans and pookie wookie's and even
a cameo of the swedish chef in the background
of one episode and a guy from jersey or broklin
etc... including an english voice
and yet in lost cause again we have ozzy Shelia.
your show is great but your female character honestly
is just being herself. In the case of Lisa Simpson
the result is funny (because that is the actual woman's
voice, but in your case it is a case of honey,
don't give up your day job. but I actually don't want you
to lose anybody so I never voted. If someone can't do
the part or you write them out, that is one thing, but
that is up to your creative end,

and how can any of you say can numerically second
he is like so cool!
 MJ
12-16-2002, 2:47 AM
Ah, well see now you've nailed one of the flaws with Nightlight.

Of the four main people who do the acting, one is an actor. Lawrence, who did the voice of the Narrator, Lube and Miguel Huesos. The rest of us are ametuers.

And it's really hard to find a girl to do voices. I didn't like how princess Leer turned out at all. As for Avegail... well the character was only a few lines. And the girl who did her voice, Casie, is quite a babe. :D
 LiMP RABBiT
12-16-2002, 7:06 AM
PLEASE keep no. 2. He's great. And, as you have said in other threads, there has and always will be a number 2. Now you cant just scrap him. And he's vital with his friction with Tomas. I voted for La Parca, not at all because you earlier mentioned he moved away and it would be difficult for him to be in it, but because I thought he had the least comic value.
 The Adventurer
12-16-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by LiMP RABBiT
but because I thought he had the least comic value.
Your Mad! La Parca(along with Red) was what made Terra the funniest thing ever. He was very expressive in his lines and made the Terra experiance that much better But to each his own I guess.
 MJ
12-16-2002, 5:46 PM
Actually, the guy who played Death moved back into town about a month ago
 The Adventurer
12-17-2002, 1:14 AM
Originally posted by 8 of 12
Actually, the guy who played Death moved back into town about a month ago

Hurra! Best Voice actor EVER. Please try to use him again in something even if its not a terra related project.
 LiMP RABBiT
12-17-2002, 11:37 AM
He was funny, no doubt about that, but I love all the accents of the others and La Parca never made me really laugh.
 Gabez
01-04-2003, 4:08 PM
Sometimes he made other characters funnier. That can happen.
 The Adventurer
01-04-2003, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by Gabez
Sometimes he made other characters funnier. That can happen.

I think that was exactly it, he made other charicters reacted unpredictbly, and thats what made La Parca funny. and imo, the best.
 MJ
01-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Well I have to thank you guys for one thing at least - not voting Tomas off the island. Between us, the other guys in Nightlight didn't like the character of Tomas, and found him a little annoying.

Truth be told though, I've changed his voice a tad.

Number Two surprises me though. As to the comment that he's being overused in Lost Cause... the villain needs someone to work off. Someone to respond to, complain to, abuse, so in that aspect, Number Two fills a vital role.

You'll see what I mean in Lost Cause 2. Number Two leaves Darth Vapour for a time. Vapour feels a little lost without him.
 The Adventurer
01-06-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by 8 of 12

You'll see what I mean in Lost Cause 2. Number Two leaves Darth Vapour for a time. Vapour feels a little lost without him.

Heh yeah that'll be cool to hea........*blinks*.....*rereads again*..... Waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit a min......Lost Cause 2?! OMG!:elephant: :horn: :band1
ROCK ON!!!!!!!
 MJ
01-06-2003, 9:06 AM
Yahuh. Hadn't I mentioned that?

Lost Cause 2 comes after Lost Cause 1
 Gabez
01-06-2003, 10:43 AM
I believe you did.

*Slaps The Adventurer*

Pay attention!!
 The Adventurer
01-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Sorry.....damn loops. I always get out of them.
 LiMP RABBiT
01-06-2003, 4:10 PM
Going back slightly, I dont believe they didnt like Tomas, he was sooo good. I especially like the updated introduction to Part X, "and this is the freakin' land of the dead...... (music)..... Hey. That was pretty cool"
 Gabez
01-06-2003, 6:13 PM
Yes, I downloaded that.

Tomas and that red guy are my favourites. Oh, and that slight accent totally rules.
 LiMP RABBiT
01-07-2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Gabez
Tomas and that red guy are my favourites.
*Slaps Gabez*

Pay attention!! Tomas + Red guy = Tomas "The Red" Encion. In other words, they are the same dude.
 Gabez
01-07-2003, 1:59 PM
Oh. Heh. Well in that case Tomas and La Parca’s brother are my favorites. Yeah, I should probably learn the names sometime.

But if I had to choose between them, I would definitely pick Tomas. He rocks!
Page: 1 of 1