Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ponder This!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
12-13-2002, 10:19 PM
How will you retrieve your belonings if your ship gets blown up in space..and you don't have insurance!
 Benihana14
12-14-2002, 4:12 AM
We don't have to ponder this for a few months ;)
Just keep fairies in a jar like in Zelda....it will take care of everything.

Ponder this: What if we open up a false insurance company and scam millions of people? Excellent smithers....
 Wraith 8
12-14-2002, 12:32 PM
well.. you dont .... you just lost everything... there is no insurrance.
 Luey Fubar
12-14-2002, 12:48 PM
When the Space Expansion comes I'll travel everywhere by Spaceport then :P
 Kiedo
01-05-2003, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8

Ah but Wraith, the Force is it's own insurance...stop looking at me like that! :p
 Deft Aklin
01-06-2003, 9:36 AM

Now I have my first business venture. Thanks for the idea Wraith. I am the galaxies only insurance broker. Wooohooooo! Monopoly, here we come! ;)
 Wraith 8
01-06-2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by irulual
Now I have my first business venture. Thanks for the idea Wraith. I am the galaxies only insurance broker. Wooohooooo! Monopoly, here we come! ;) yeah.. and how are you gonna proof that a guy is telling the truth or not? hah? he could be lying :p
 Deft Aklin
01-06-2003, 2:31 PM
Oh, I see the miscommunication here, you actually thought I was going to cover these peoples claims. Are you insane? I was planning on making a con-artist buddy. That's what I wanted the Devaronian for. ;)

You actually thought I was planning on making a legitimate business? That's funny.
 Wraith 8
01-06-2003, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by irulual
Oh, I see the miscommunication here, you actually thought I was going to cover these peoples claims. Are you insane? I was planning on making a con-artist buddy. That's what I wanted the Devaronian for. ;)

You actually thought I was planning on making a legitimate business? That's funny. lol... right there.... you are so dead... not by me :D but by the bounty hunter collecting your ASS! :p :p
 Deft Aklin
01-06-2003, 3:26 PM
If your ship is toast, chances are that one of the following is correct:
A)You bit the big one with the vessel.
B)You can't afford to hire a bounty hunter.
C)You would rather get a new ship with the money and kill me yourself.
D)I have far more money from the insurance money I have been collecting and will pay the bounty hunter even more to kill you. ;)

And hence, I have outwitted the stupid smuggler.
 Wraith 8
01-07-2003, 3:31 AM
hah... it wont work..
if you would have read up :D you would know that you cant put a bounty on someone with out a realy good reason.. so when some poor Twit buys your scamm... and he sends a bounty hunter after you... you cant send one back.,. cause you have no reason for it :p :p
 Benihana14
01-07-2003, 5:10 AM
Just hire Wyle E. Coyote....he's supercheap i'm guessing, and has access to millions of ACME products....Sure...he never caught the roadrunner, but maybe he'll have better luck with you buddy...just maybe.
 swediot=)
01-07-2003, 5:21 AM
Originally posted by Benihana14
Just hire Wyle E. Coyote....he's supercheap i'm guessing, and has access to millions of ACME products....Sure...he never caught the roadrunner, but maybe he'll have better luck with you buddy...just maybe.
doubt it
 Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 8:35 AM
hah... it wont work..
if you would have read up :D you would know that you cant put a bounty on someone with out a realy good reason.. so when some poor Twit buys your scamm... and he sends a bounty hunter after you... you cant send one back.,. cause you have no reason for it :p :p

Yes I do, he sent one after me. ;)

Revenge, the only reason.
 Jan Gaarni
01-07-2003, 12:00 PM
Actually, you can, if you work outside the system (not outside the game, still in-game ;) ).

All you have to do is locate a bountyhunter, explain the situation, and make him/her bring back a photo of the 'target' once it is done. ;)

Simple as that. :D
 Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Interesting concept. What if I was just an evil SOB and hired a BH on everybody that filed a claim? Is that possible, even if not ethical. ;) <-evil SOB
 Jan Gaarni
01-07-2003, 2:16 PM
No, not the way the game works.
You can't attack anyone unless they agree to fight you.

The only time you can, is if you are a declared rebel and the opponent is a declared imperial.
 Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 2:24 PM
Well, it makes sense I guess. You don't want everyone to constantly be PKing people. I was just joking around, that con isn't even remotely close to some of the stuff I plan to pull off. I am an evil scheming bastage after all. ;)
 Kiedo
01-07-2003, 6:14 PM
Lol...a bastage huh?
 Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 7:10 PM
Yes, I'm a bastage and a fargin icehole. Haven't you ever seen Johnny Dangerously? <-way off topic I know Wraith.

"Nobody messes wit Roman Maroni"

"You shouldn't kick me in the balls, my sister kicked me in the balls once........", falls to ground still counting on his finger, whilst holding his nether region in agony.

Anyway, a real insurance company might be cool, though I would never want to run it. Too much money moving around for me to be interested. I'd be too tempted to make a break with the loot.
 BlackDove
01-07-2003, 9:59 PM
hah... it wont work..
if you would have read up :D you would know that you cant put a bounty on someone with out a realy good reason..

Err, I thought I read in the FAQ that you don't put a Bounty on anyone, tbe admins do.
 Deft Aklin
01-08-2003, 8:31 AM
Originally posted by BlackDove
Err, I thought I read in the FAQ that you don't put a Bounty on anyone, tbe admins do.

If that's the case, then do we have to send a message to the admin if we want to place a bounty on someones head?
 BlackDove
01-08-2003, 9:31 AM
Actually I imagine the situation to be somewhat like it is in Neocron. In Neocron you have a "Soul Meter" which tells basically what you did, if it was morally correct or not. Now they did it there by tagging everyone with status marks, so for example, newbies are tagged with green, people that outskill you are marked with red and your teammates are marked with blue. If you kill the reds, your Soul Meter goes higher because the reds most likely did something bad but if you kill green or blue your Soul Meter drops and if your Soul Meter is somewhere around -18 (I forgot the real number) then the NPC Cops come with their super-atomic weapons and start owning you on sight. So if something similar to this was implemented in SWG, the names on the bounties would appear to whoever has the lowest "Soul Meter". In other words, your ACTIONS make you pay, not slander and second hand sources of information.
 Deft Aklin
01-08-2003, 9:53 AM
Wouldn't it be the opposite though? I mean, Vader wasn't after Luke because Luke accidentally took out a squad of Rebs with friendly fire. I don't know. I think there would have to be some form of request system.

"Hey Mr. Admin, I'd like to place a 10,000 credit bounty on BD's head cause he shot my pet Wampa."
 BlackDove
01-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Yeah but a) that kind of request depends on the unfounded mind of the one asking for the bounty and b) the fact that i actually killed the wampa would have to be proven c) it leaves openess for lying and placing bounties on anyone you don't like, so if you're rich you can kill anyone and that takes fun out of the game, so i'm quite certain that won't be the case
 Deft Aklin
01-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Obviously there should be some restrictions, but in all honesty, as long as I'm not posting 10 bounties, or throwing around frivolous bounties, it should be okay.
 Thew Rydur
01-08-2003, 6:36 PM
To post a bounty you don't just hire one person. You give it to the bounty hunter guild and then it is given randomly to a BH. (probably somewhat based on the BHs skill). You also can't just put random bounties on people they have to break a contract or something like that. At least thats what I remember from a while ago.
 Deft Aklin
01-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Thew Rydur
To post a bounty you don't just hire one person. You give it to the bounty hunter guild and then it is given randomly to a BH. (probably somewhat based on the BHs skill). You also can't just put random bounties on people they have to break a contract or something like that. At least thats what I remember from a while ago.

Maybe they will release a set of guidelines. Ie. You can only post bounties to the guild under these circumstances. If your situation does not fit this criteria, then tough luck, do the dirty deed yourself! I could deal with that. After all, there are always mercs and assassins. ;)

Seriously though, just so no one takes this wrongly, I would only do this if entirely ICly needed. Obviously, my character could be an evil wretch and feel strongly enough to have someone offed. This would not be a common thing, but it all depends on the character I have too. Obviously the Creature Handler wouldn't. Right BD? ;)
 BlackDove
01-10-2003, 6:50 AM
Yeah, but I mean there are a lot of kids out there who are dumb and will try to feck up whatever they can. The system that Neocron uses would actually SWG very nice (with some modifications of course)
 Deft Aklin
01-10-2003, 8:44 AM
The system that Neocron uses would actually SWG very nice (with some modifications of course)

I am unfamiliar with Neocron, please enlighten me.
 BlackDove
01-10-2003, 9:02 AM
well the system i explained ^^^^^

but neocron = FPSMMORPG or something to that effect...pretty cool and complex...www.neocron.com...it's) advertisment level is the WORST (well ok FS2 still holds the torch) in the history of marketing, so many didn't hear about it. I'm getting it in like a week....
 Deft Aklin
01-10-2003, 4:12 PM
well the system i explained ^^^^^

but neocron = FPSMMORPG or something to that effect...pretty cool and complex...www.neocron.com...it's) advertisment level is the WORST (well ok FS2 still holds the torch) in the history of marketing, so many didn't hear about it. I'm getting it in like a week....

*after a little research*
Everything I've seen on this says the same thing, "Great potential, just wish the devs took their work seriously!"

It's a good thing SWGalaxies is being made by a GL company. I think we all know that we won't run into the same problems.

Otherwise, the concept seems interesting, though not my type of game.
 BlackDove
01-11-2003, 6:31 AM
Thank god for that, at least we know LA knows how to promote stuff.

About Neocron, well I don't know much about it too either, but my friend is forcing me to play it since he wants me to rule the thing with him...I just hope it's good lol :p

About the bounties? God I just hope they don't leave the descisions on who gets to be hunted to adolescent kids (mentally, not phisically, a damn shame since that way there are more of them)

Although it'd be quite good for the Jedi system if it were up to adolescents...if a Jedi comes and busts some new-to-puberty kid's ass, then the kid can go and tell everyone who is just like him to place the bounty on the Jedi...
 Ingrown
01-11-2003, 1:53 PM
This game is definatley interesting. Not for the kiddies though. I'm downloading the demo to see what it's like.
 RocketPack Jack
03-13-2003, 8:59 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Sidious
Now I have my first business venture. Thanks for the idea Wraith. I am the galaxies only insurance broker. Wooohooooo! Monopoly, here we come! ;)

I'll buy Mayfair for Ј400
We could c the 1st all kiddie PA! It would be interesting to c if it would work, but it would probably breakdown into squabbles of "i'm the leader, no i'm the leader"(we've all been there) and who to join "rebels!", "no, imp. are much better, na na nana na!" I'd h8 to join that PA!
:duel:
 Deft Aklin
03-18-2003, 8:29 AM
Originally posted by RocketPack Jack
I'll buy Mayfair for Ј400
We could c the 1st all kiddie PA! It would be interesting to c if it would work, but it would probably breakdown into squabbles of "i'm the leader, no i'm the leader"(we've all been there) and who to join "rebels!", "no, imp. are much better, na na nana na!" I'd h8 to join that PA!
:duel:

Please refer to my profile (button located below) whenever referencing the Imperial March. I'm just tired of all the 'dum dum dum duda dum duda dum' and other such non-sensicle nonsense. ;P
 Lord Helmet
03-18-2003, 5:48 PM
LEts get ON TOPIC! :D
 jordie8472
03-19-2003, 6:29 PM
Until the expansion comes out, this subject doesn't need much pondering.
 legameboy
03-19-2003, 7:06 PM
hey, im a kiddie! (dont trust me profile) most people dont know im a kiddie cause i dont act like a kiddie! not all kiddies are alike
Page: 1 of 1