Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Old DF Manual

Page: 1 of 1
 Minnow
12-05-2002, 8:26 PM
Hi Guys,
I remember when DF first came out, it was high tech (it was the FPS that introduced the jump). Ive been a lucasarts fan since the begining, the first time I played DF, my skin crawled as I swam through the putrid sewers in terrible anticipation of some dianoga just waiting to pop up and devour me. Or, the first time I saw a dark trooper, the metalic cry they issue before they attack sends you into a firing frenzy, scrambling away,not really hitting much, just hoping that your attack will some how faze the thing. Few, if any games have ever gotten the authentic star wars atmosphere, tie fighter comes to mind, but DF got it perfect. This mod had got me back to playing the old game, and I have been thirsting for my DF fix. I ask a favor. My old DF manual, (along with most of my other old manuals :( ) have disapeared into storage some place over the years and I was wondering if any body could scan theirs? If I remeber correctly it is only 5 or 6 pages long? Undoubtedly, I will search the cavernous attic of my parents house, as I am sure it is nowhere in the dorm, but if any of you can empathesize, I want to read some of the descriptions of the eemies and weapons. I remember them being pretty cool. Anyway, Thanks Guys.
 Katarn07
12-05-2002, 8:41 PM
I got an extra copy from a friend and never got a box or manual. I lost JO's! I have 2 JK manuals, or at least had. A friend broke my disk 1, so he had to buy me a new copy. I let him have the old disk 2 and may have given him the extra manual.
 Lundquist
12-05-2002, 8:48 PM
I have it:), I could probably make the scans tomorrow or something, If no one else happens to have scans lying around. I just need to hook up my scanner and install it. Shouldn't be a problem.
 Katarn07
12-05-2002, 8:56 PM
Read my title of this post for my reply :D
 Light Storm
12-06-2002, 12:27 AM
I think i may have the old manual someplace, if i can find it i will scan it for you. Great manual, as i remember, realy fit into the feel of the game.
 firestorm225
12-06-2002, 12:43 AM
I have the manual too. It's 18 pages long, and the one I have is from the original boxed version, not the CDRom case version.

Unfortunatly, I'm very busy now, I have SAT's on Saturday morning and really need to study for them. This is the last one I can take. If no one scans it by Saturday afternoon, I'll do it then and should have them done pretty soon.
 Minnow
12-06-2002, 1:11 AM
Thanks, you guys rock.
 Lundquist
12-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Well, I've finished making the scans, they may not be the best in the world, but I think they turned out pretty OK. I scanned everything, even the warrenty and back (I know it's useless, but I have to have something to do when I'm home with the flu).
Anyway, they are all in bmp format as I know a lot of people hate jpg, zipped into the archive in the following link:

http://www.angelfire.com/music4/gffrpg/DFmanual.zip)
(just rightclick and 'Save destination as')
 Minnow
12-07-2002, 4:04 AM
My firstborn child will be named Lundquist :D These scans look great! Thanks alot.
 michael_collins
12-08-2002, 3:09 PM
request to put it in the downloads section (for new DF fans or for old ones who want a burst of nostalgia)
 ForceCommander
12-08-2002, 3:20 PM
good idea micheal, I second that idea
 The_One
12-08-2002, 3:38 PM
With this mod, what often sounds like a good idea often turns out to be a bad one. Like with this... It may well be possible, and I'd be happy to do so - but I would have to really look into copyright issues first, as that manual is the property of LEC, and re-distributing it for free may not be such a good idea...
 Katarn07
12-08-2002, 4:17 PM
I already downloaded it.
I did afterall get the game for free from a friend, but he had an extra copy and he purchased them both, so really there is no money loss. He jsut didn't give me a manual.
I think that having the exact pages from the strategy guide are something else...
I am going to get a copy from Ebay.
Page: 1 of 1