Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XBox Version

Page: 1 of 1
 Vyse
12-04-2002, 10:00 PM
What's the deal with no release for the XBox? Man I love the XBox and have been stuck in limbo for two months because I really don't want a damn PS2, but if that's the console FT2 will be on so be it..even for 200 f'in dollars. That's how much I love this game. Still waiting...guess I'll pass up the Sega deal. If FT2 comes out on XBox after, that will not be cool.
 young_zev
12-05-2002, 1:52 PM
I thought I read somewhere it would be on XBox. I dunno.
 Ben Whatsisname
12-08-2002, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by Vyse
What's the deal with no release for the XBox? Man I love the XBox and have been stuck in limbo for two months because I really don't want a damn PS2, but if that's the console FT2 will be on so be it..even for 200 f'in dollars. That's how much I love this game. Still waiting...guess I'll pass up the Sega deal. If FT2 comes out on XBox after, that will not be cool.

The original blurb had LEC saying something to the effect of "it will be released for PC and next-gen consoles" - plural, meaning ps/2 AND others like xbox, etc.
 theholyidiot
12-10-2002, 2:42 AM
All you need is a PC. This has been conclusively proven by the change of Sam and Max 2 to PC from console. Sorry to say it, but the most useless console is X-Box. All the games worth a second glance on the system are being ported to other systems with better graphics. (HALO, higher res, more detailed textures, PC release in only a few short months!!!) I have nothing against console owners, but I would have had to hurt something if PC had been excluded from the list. Let us all learn from Blizzard, who has successfully pissed off Starcraft faithful everywhere (but that's for a different forum.) X-Box, PS2, GCube, are all fine, but really people, grab a mouse, open your eyes, and learn what a REAL game is.
 Vyse
12-13-2002, 7:48 PM
PC gaming is fine but where's the love? 2 or three friends sitting around the television battling it out, much more confortable and natural even. Even with a more than likely single player like Full Throttle II Everyone gets to enjoy the fun without crowding around a computer monitor.
 theholyidiot
12-14-2002, 3:20 AM
A: the internet can support many more players than your puny consoles.

B: I own a GameCube, So I'm not tottally against consoles, I just prefer PC

C: I never really liked multiplayer games anyway. Why else would I stick to adventures?
 Vyse
12-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Yes, Internet gaming is lovely I agree, however the XBox is far from puny..as am I. :lsduel:
 Joshi
12-14-2002, 12:57 PM
three words. grand theft auto. cant get that on the x-box now can you?
 Vyse
12-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Well done sir. The chink in the armour, as it were..yet unrelated to the XBox's undeniable superiority.

:bluflag1:
 Joshi
12-15-2002, 1:16 PM
which would be what?:confused:
 Vyse
12-18-2002, 10:41 PM
There is no console currently available that can compete with the sheer polygon pushing power of the XBox. The potential is unchallenged.
 Joshi
12-28-2002, 11:43 AM
ah yes, but can you get GTA on the X-box. i don't think so, therefore superiority goes over to another console. do not pick at the little things, it's the little things that count.
 Vyse
12-29-2002, 6:46 AM
I actually have a PS2 sitting right next to me now, a gift from christmas. Talk about being stuck. More than anything I want to take it back and trade for the XBox. The worst part is if I would have got GTA with it I would have cracked the seal and it would be a done deal. I just sit here looking at it..I need help, Maybe a good punch in the face would do it?
 Joshi
12-29-2002, 9:28 AM
yes, but you see, a PS2 is better than an X-box, so forget about your X-box and pick up the PS2, you know you wan't to.

(p.s, this is turning into a spam topic, i'd suggest someone close it)
 elblots
12-30-2002, 9:32 PM
The argument over "X-box has no GTA" would only be valid if EVERYONE liked that game...but the truth is..not everyone does. To say a system is superior because of ONE game is pretty closed minded.

....on the bright side..these arguments DO make me feel like a teenager again..arguing over Sega Vs nintendo (yep..im old enough to remember THAT battle)..its almost enough to bring a tear to my eye...

..and with that note..its time to power up the ol 2600 for a game of pitfall....
 Gabez
12-30-2002, 10:49 PM
The Xbox is a fine, fine console that’s also great value for money. Both consoles and PCs are good, just I different ways.

Also... PSYCHONAUTS (http://www.doublefine.com).
 Joshi
12-31-2002, 5:57 AM
please. nothing can beat Beneath a Steel Sky on the Amiga. yep, not only old enough to rememebr the Amiga, but i still own one. :D
 elblots
12-31-2002, 6:40 AM
*shows off his BASS Diskettes* I <3 amiga ;)
 Joshi
12-31-2002, 6:44 AM
we've still got the old 4.something inch floppies hanging around somewhere :)
 elblots
12-31-2002, 8:01 AM
You probobly already know of this..but just in case..

http://www.back2roots.org/)
 Joshi
12-31-2002, 8:14 AM
hey cool, i didn't actually know about this place. thanx. i've always waqnted to go back to my roots without upsetting any worms (worst joke ever)
 Ben Whatsisname
12-31-2002, 11:53 AM
All of your beloved console games start out life inside a computer, are written in code optimised for the console, and then exported to cds or cartidges and sold to you at prices that usually range higher than the pc version. All so you can sit on a couch with 4 friends, run the game without Windows running in the background, brag to friends, or just toss away some of that damned annoying cash you keep finding lying around. Whatever the case, you console kiddies have your fun... No more "x-box is better than ps2, but worse than dreamcast, yet equal to gamecube, etc.," arguments in this thread, or me and my powerful gaming pc will have to come to your town and spank you all. Have a nice day.
Page: 1 of 1