Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Top 10 Sci-Fi Moments

Page: 1 of 1
 Trahern Valley
11-26-2002, 11:21 PM
Nicked this from a news website:

Darth Vader's confession to being Luke Skywalker's father has been voted the top moment in science fiction.

The scene from Star Wars epic The Empire Strikes Back headed a poll of 100 sci-fi sequences from TV and film.

Vader's scene shunted the opening sequence from 2001: A Space Odyssey into second place in the Dreamwatch magazine vote.

Here are the top 10 scenes:

1. The Empire Strikes Back - Darth Vader's confession.

2. 2001: A Space Odyssey - opening sequence.

3. Planet of the Apes - the Statue of Liberty lying in the sand.

4. Blake's Seven - Seven's death.

5. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Spock's death.

6. Babylon 5 - Jeffrey Sinclair turns out to be Valen.

7. Alien - Chest-bursting scene.

8. Star Trek: The Next Generation - Picard says "I am Locutus of Borg."

9. ET - Children flying in front of the Moon on bikes.

10. Blade Runner - Roy Batty says "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."
 swediot=)
11-27-2002, 2:57 PM
excuse me were is the part were we get to see yoda in action for the first time huh??? where is that:confused:
:syoda:
 Jan Gaarni
11-27-2002, 4:10 PM
And for anyone that would like to read the new script, here it is: :D

1. The Empire Strikes Back - Darth Vader's confession.

A furious lightsaber duel is underway. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE SKYWALKER towards the end of the gantry.

A quick move by VADER, chops off LUKE's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft.

LUKE backs away. He looks around, but realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.

VADER: Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father.

LUKE: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

VADER: No... I am your father!

LUKE: No, it's not true! It's impossible.

VADER: Search your feelings... you know it to be true...

LUKE: NO!

VADER: Yes, it is true... and you know what else? You know that brass droid of yours?

LUKE: Threepio?

VADER: Yes... Threepio... I built him... when I was 7 years old...

LUKE: No...

VADER: Seven years old? And what have you done Look at yourself, no hand, no job, and couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp...

LUKE: I destroyed your precious Death Star!

VADER: When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!

LUKE: Well, it's not my fault...

VADER: Oh, here we go... "Poor me... my father never gave me what I wanted for my birthday... boo hoo, my daddy's the Dark Lord of the Sith...waahhh wahhh!"

LUKE: Shut up...

VADER: You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had exterminated the Jedi knights!

LUKE: I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon.

VADER: Oh, for the love of the Emperor... 10 years old, winner of the Boonta Eve Open... Only human to ever fly a Pod Racer... right here baby!

LUKE looks down the shaft. Takes a step towards it.

VADER: I was wrong... You're not my kid... I don't know whose you are, but you sure ain't mine...

LUKE takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft.

VADER looks after him.

VADER: Get a haircut!

:D
 Thew Rydur
11-27-2002, 5:04 PM
Hahahaahahhaha. :p Nice Jan.

About the list, what about the Matrix? I think a scene should have made it in from that.
 Trahern Valley
11-27-2002, 8:47 PM
We're talking about classics, people. Yoda's bouncing-rubber-ball hack'n'slash and funky Matrix camara work are probably in the top hundred...but they're not CLASSIC. :p

Never seen Blake's Seven, but I do think Roy Batty should have beat the Sinclair/Valen thing. Personally, I'm wondering if anyone even remembers Logan's Run anymore...
 Dengar
11-30-2002, 11:02 AM
Nice one Jan :D

Blakes Seven was a really cool seventies/eighties sci-fi about a bunch of escaped convicts who steal an intelligent ship and go on the run.(never noticed b4, but isnt that the Farscape scenario?..can u say rip-off?) :cool:

It was an English series, which may explain why not everyone has heard of it, but the sequence when they all die is (was at the time) legendary, if not a little bit tacky.

Trahern Valley - I remember Logans Run, gr8 movie when it was released (yes, im old) but if you watch it nowadays its a bit naff. I think that a classic must withstand the test of time, and imho Logans Run doesnt do that, sry :( .
 Dengar
11-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Here's a thing, can anyone name the Seven?

I know Calley, Avon, Blake and Orac was the computer.

Cant remember the little fellas name, or the other women.

And who was it who played the evil lead character, i remember it was a woman in really revealing leather body-suit, who did look really evil, dark short hair, but who was she?
Page: 1 of 1