Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Xev of B3k (from LEXX)

Page: 1 of 1
 Flamegrape
11-26-2002, 9:37 PM
Actually, it's more of a pre-release than a "work-in-progress." The model is done, the textures are done, the sounds are done. This is my first fully-featured model. I've done Quake models in the past, but they lacked a true professional quality. With this first JK2 model, I hope that I've covered all necessary features (LODs, sounds, skins, etc.)

Here's a somewhat dated picture:
http://www.flamegrape.com/pic/xevs_frame14444_small.jpg)
(I've made some slight modifications since this was rendered.)

You can download and try out Xev here:
http://www.flamegrape.com/fg_xev.zip) (1.88MB)

The accounting of the polygons and vertices is somewhat complex for this model. First of all, there are four levels of detal (LODs). Also, there are three general versions of the Xev model: one representing her costume as seen during season two, one for season three, and one for the fourth season. Since all three versions mostly use the same parts, in each case some parts
are hidden while others are visible. This also permits greater variations for skins.

Xev2:
- Poly count: 2581 <<<=======
- Vert count: 1562
Xev2 (LOD1):
- Poly count: 1626
- Vert count: 1035
Xev2 (LOD2):
- Poly count: 769
- Vert count: 529
Xev2 (LOD3):
- Poly count: 353
- Vert count: 286

Xev3:
- Poly count: 2623 <<<=======
- Vert count: 1600
Xev3 (LOD1):
- Poly count: 1655
- Vert count: 1059
Xev3 (LOD2):
- Poly count: 776
- Vert count: 540
Xev3 (LOD3):
- Poly count: 352
- Vert count: 292

Xev4:
- Poly count: 2719 <<<=======
- Vert count: 1652
Xev4 (LOD1):
- Poly count: 1726
- Vert count: 1093
Xev4 (LOD1):
- Poly count: 811
- Vert count: 557
Xev4 (LOD1):
- Poly count: 368
- Vert count: 300

ABOUT THE HEAD AND LIPS:

I posted a BETA version of this model a while ago. I got some good crits from people and put them to good use. However, the issue of the head and lips requires explaination because I know I will receive the same crits as before if I don't bring this up now. This may be unprofessional, but many sci-fi fans are not familiar with Xev or the show in which she appears, Lexx.

One of the most frequent crits I received was the size of her head. This was due in part to the terrible screen cap that was posted at JK2Files.com. (I made the mistake of not providing a picture myself.) This picture was poorly composed and it made it seem like her head was gigantic! I took a hard look at the model and I thought that they were probably right. So I reduced the size of the head... SLIGHTLY. The thing you must understand is that Xenia Seeberg, the actress who plays Xev on the television show, is a relatively short woman. Since the BETA was released, I've checked, double-checked, triple-checked, quadruple-check her proportions dozens of times over. I'm convinced that I have achieved correct proportions. HOWEVER, in order to make her look perfect in the game, she needs to be scaled down to 88% normal size using a mod like JediPlus.

The issue of the size and shape of her lips was another criticism I received for this model. It was pointed out that they stick out and give her a sort of fish-lip look. This was done on purpose. Xenia Seeberg really does have large, uniquely-shaped lips. (And, apparently, they are totally real, not faked with plastic surgery.) Her lips are easily on par with Angeline Jolie and Jolene Blalock, perhaps even larger. On the set of tv shows and movies, her lips can cause lighting problems, casting a "mustache" shadow. This trait was painfully obvious in the screen cap that was posted with the BETA version at JK2Files.Com. I don't know what arena map they used to make that screen cap, but the lighting was worse than office florescent lighting. And because of the criticisms, I very SLIGHTLY reduced the size of the lips. But only slightly because they are still very large, as they were meant to be.

Be sure to read the README file for further information about the model and how to use the "secret skins."
 Morthvargr
11-27-2002, 1:30 AM
It looks excellent. I'm impressed with how accurate it looks in regards to the show! The 'secret skins' don't include a blue-haired mini-series Xev, do they?
 Flamegrape
11-27-2002, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Morthvargr
It looks excellent. I'm impressed with how accurate it looks in regards to the show! The 'secret skins' don't include a blue-haired mini-series Xev, do they?

Thanxx! I worked long and hard to make this model look good.

No, the "secret skins" do not include Zev from the first season miniseries of movies. That would require completely different meshes because it was a different actress. And BTW, I think Zev's hair was white or silver. However, the blue team Xev2 has very blue hair. It just made sense since Xev had very red hair during the second season.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-27-2002, 9:22 AM
Ok i downloaded it and
It S...j/k i like it great job on the skins

Lips look like they need to be more towards the head *DON'T BLOW A CASKET* If from the lips look like that really then hella great job on it
I don't watch the show much
I like the taunts too
Some kinda err nasty ''You going to stick it in'' err ;)
 Flamegrape
11-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
Lips look like they need to be more towards the head *DON'T BLOW A CASKET* If from the lips look like that really then hella great job on it
I don't watch the show much
Yup, the lips really do look like that. But thanks for the crit anyway. ;)
As the story goes, kids would make fun of her when she was a child, calling her "duckface" or something like that. But now that she's grown up into a beautiful woman, you know those lips are great for... kissing. Yeah, that's it. I was gonna say kissing. Anyway...

I like the taunts too
Some kinda err nasty ''You going to stick it in'' err ;)
Fat and ugly Xev Bellringer was arrested and convicted of the crime of "failure to perform her wifely duties." She was sentenced to be transformed into a loveslave. So she was placed in the lusticon which transformed her into a beautiful woman. But something went wrong and her DNA was mixed with that of a vicious, brain-eating clusterlizard. Given superhuman strenth and agility, she managed to escape from the lusticon before her brain was reprogrammed. Even though she wasn't enslaved, she has been cursed with a "highly accelerated libido." Therefore, she is usually looking to get laid. 790, the idiotic robot head on the show, once described her as a "space slut."

And you can take one good guess what her lightsaber will look like!
;)
 idontlikegeorge
11-28-2002, 2:53 AM
cool, i liked yer beta, new hair styles are a bonus
 Morthvargr
11-30-2002, 4:16 PM
I think Zev's hair was white or silver.

Actually, I think you're right :).

And you can take one good guess what her lightsaber will look like!

I believe Quamosity released a 'Mr. Happy' saber in his massive hilt pack, that might do...

Any plans for a Kai model? That would be so cool! We could have him swinging around on a jedimod grappling hook, and that Brunnen-G chant song could be his taunt.
 Livingdeadjedi
11-30-2002, 4:24 PM
yes her hair was white in the first series, but when she was reborn (replaced by a new actress) LOL her hair became red or brown
 Flamegrape
11-30-2002, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by Morthvargr

Actually, I think you're right :).

I believe Quamosity released a 'Mr. Happy' saber in his massive hilt pack, that might do...

Any plans for a Kai model? That would be so cool! We could have him swinging around on a jedimod grappling hook, and that Brunnen-G chant song could be his taunt.

http://www.flamegrape.com/pic/xev_saber_27nov2002.jpg)
I'm still trying to get it to work right in the game. Everthing is working great and it's compatible with the mods. But the only thinkg it's doing wrong is that the blade is tilted 90 degrees to the right. I cannot figure out why it's doing this. I've followed all of the tutorials (that I know of) and advice in posts. Nothing works. This has got to be a problem that others have had in the past. But no one has been answering my posts about this for the last several days.
:rolleyes:

I'm going to work on a Kai model next. Then Stan. Then maybe Zev. Then Prince. Then Giggerotta.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 5:36 PM
2 things:
Who the hell is Kai :P
And if u look carefully at the dooku hilt does the SAME thing the saber is tilted over a tad
 Flamegrape
11-30-2002, 5:54 PM
2 things:
Who the hell is Kai :P

One of the other main characters on Lexx. Remember how you were saying that Xev's lips were too big? It's because you haven't seen that show.

And if u look carefully at the dooku hilt does the SAME thing the saber is tilted over a tad
I don't understand what you are saying. Are you talking about the problem I'm having with the lightsaber hilt? The problem where the blade is always tilted 90 degrees to the left?
:confused:

Or are you just comparing the style of my saber hilt model to that of Dooku's saber hilt? Yes, they are similar.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 5:58 PM
They are simmilar... but dooku makes saber goto the right a bit too

could u show me a pic of Kai?
 Flamegrape
11-30-2002, 6:25 PM
could u show me a pic of Kai?

Here's a pic of the three main characters:

http://www.flamegrape.com/xev/season4/s4cast.jpg)

Kai is the dead guy in black.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 9:53 PM
Actually i did see the show once and i remember Kai just didn't know his name if i where u i would make Kai before others cuz hes cool
 Flamegrape
12-01-2002, 10:53 AM
Actually i did see the show once and i remember Kai just didn't know his name if i where u i would make Kai before others cuz hes cool
Have you made any player models before, HellfireJedi?

I didn't make Kai first because I saw that Xev was going to be the most difficult part of the project. Kai is not going to be as hard because of his costume. And I know that Stan will be the easiest because he just has a simple red jumpsuit.

I've seen it before. Someone starts on a project and focuses on the easiest, coolest part. Then when it comes to doing the other difficult and important parts, they fail miserably and then give up the entire project.

I intend to make all three of the characters. If I had learned how to model for JK2 by just doing a Kai model, then I wouldn't have learned as much. And by the time I would have got to working on Xev, I would have run into all sorts of problems that I hadn't encountered with Kai. And I may have become frustrated and given up altogether.

It's bad enough that I live in a part of the country where there isn't ANYONE who remotely understands ANYTHING that I try to do with computer art. I'm completely on my own when it comes to learning how to work on computer games. All I have is the scant information that I can glean from the internet and that's it.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 11:20 AM
1. I don't have max but i owuld love to make player models
2. By saying make Kai i meant AFTER Xev and before the other ones u are going to make
 Flamegrape
12-02-2002, 12:15 PM
1. I don't have max but i owuld love to make player models
2. By saying make Kai i meant AFTER Xev and before the other ones u are going to make

Oh.
:o

Okay. Nevermind.
:D
 Livingdeadjedi
12-02-2002, 7:03 PM
hehe i dont think poor hellfire jedi knows what your saber is meant to look like ROFL
:p

hes obviously to erm Inoccent :D
 Hellfire Jedi
12-02-2002, 7:54 PM
A long smooth shatf with 2 NUTZ :P i know what it is LDJ btw i htink ur maps kick the **** cept i get this MAX SHADER HIT or osmething on new carbonfreeze
 Livingdeadjedi
12-05-2002, 6:50 PM
thanks hellfire =]]
hopefully you wont get shader error in my next map

which will be a CTF

ive made plenty of them for EF and we need a good one for jk2
Page: 1 of 1