Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

have a look

Page: 1 of 1
 Murashu
11-26-2002, 3:00 PM
I was looking at learning how to use php for web design and a friend of mine made me a really sweet deal. We now have our own little website. The url is http://swgassociates.com) There is not much there, I just copied some stuff from the other site so it wasnt blank. It's in html format for now until I can figure out how to use php. If anyone is php smart feel free to drop me a line. I'm sure it will take me a while to get it looking decent so bare with me fellas.
 Jan Gaarni
11-26-2002, 5:21 PM
May I ask why? :confused:
 swediot=)
11-27-2002, 1:14 AM
well with php you can create such things as user authentication systems i use it for my site. This board i also think is created in php and my sql its so you don't have to update your site manually alot its much simpler.
 Murashu
11-27-2002, 1:22 AM
yup, once you learn how to use it, its supposed to be much easier than regular html. and as long as i get free webhosting i will invest the time to learn.
 swediot=)
11-27-2002, 3:13 AM
i have free web hosting with php and mysql:D
and no ads i might add haha ads add hehehe ooo

umm yeh
 Murashu
11-27-2002, 8:14 AM
i enjoy the no ads as well. i wish they would ban ads on the internet like they ban everything else.
 swediot=)
11-27-2002, 3:03 PM
lol^

man my webserver has been down for like 3 days now well sorry that was kinda off topic i just thaught the last post was sorta funny
 Murashu
11-29-2002, 12:32 PM
Swediot,

Do you design sites? I'm looking for someone html/php smart to chat with. All my friends back home design websites but I have lost contact with most of them the last few months.
 Jan Gaarni
11-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Murashu, although I like your site, I think it's comming around :) , what I meant earlier, why another site?

And another question is, have you talked to Wraith about this?

He has put down time on his site, time which I might add I can't really understand he has, with all the things he do.
I'm not so much concerned that he will mind if you haven't confronted him, but atleast he deserves to be confronted. :)
 Murashu
11-29-2002, 1:55 PM
The main reason I have a site is I wanted to learn how to use php and what better way than to make a website about a subject I am fascinated with. I am by no means competing with anything Wraith has done or will do in the future. I'm sure Wraith will keep updating his site whether I do or not. If I was a gambling man I would bet about half of the PA members have thier own website.

And yes I told him about 2 weeks ago on AIM that I was working on a website.
 Jan Gaarni
11-29-2002, 2:25 PM
Sorry if I came off like a jerk or something that don't understand what you trying to do, that was not my attention. :)

I really think you 2 should get together and work on one site, since he's learning PHP in school now. :)
 Murashu
11-29-2002, 2:52 PM
Wraith or anyone else that wants to learn php is free to mess around with the site, they can't do any worse than what I have hehe. I wish I had finished college and maybe now I would understand a little more about coding and stuff.

Right now there really isnt much to do other than personalize the website, but once the game starts up I am sure we could keep several people busy updating it with new content.
Page: 1 of 1