Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with SCUMMRV (Monkey island 2)

Page: 1 of 1
 g_moujaes_2000
11-24-2002, 10:41 AM
ok, I'm sure all you experts could help me out with this :

I remember a about 6-7 months ago, when I was using a SCUMM program with a Windows 98, I could open MI2 without any prob, then I could use it to see the characters (guybrush, largo) an if i pressed a special button really quick, I could see the animation of the character, how he walks etc..

Now, I have a new stupid WIN 2000XP and cannot, using SCUMMRV, do this thing anymore, since I forgot how and can't seem to find out how I did it.. :confused:

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP AND ANSWER THIS POST ???

-George, g_moujaes_2000@yahoo.com
 bgbennyboy
11-24-2002, 10:57 AM
I think you're probably referring to CostumeRipper (http://scumm.mixnmojo.com/programs/costrip15.ZIP). Holding left and right will display the animation frames and page up and page down will change costumes.
 g_moujaes_2000
11-26-2002, 6:13 PM
Hey, thanks ALOT for having reffered to that program since it WAS , come to think of it, the costume ripper that I used ..
I tried to download it as soon as you reminded me, BUT when I try to open the porgram, it says :

" Syntax is costrip <lecfile> " and the program doesn't load... and YES I did install the latest Direct X for Windows 2000.

- PLEASE REPLY AGAIN ! :(
 bgbennyboy
11-26-2002, 7:49 PM
Use the dos version, drag and drop a resource file (eg monkey2.001) onto the exe and it will load it.
 g_moujaes_2000
11-28-2002, 5:03 PM
hey - again :

OK, let's say I wanna drag and drop an MI2 file (one which matches your example), it loads, it does the "screen adjustment" thing, then everything is black, now writing no nothing.

When I dra and drop any other kind of file it loads, but i get an error message :

This is not a valid LEC file

Memory allocation error
Cannot load COMMAND, system halted

Once again, PLEASE REPLY - George
Page: 1 of 1