Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

too many threads on just 1 model

Page: 1 of 1
 ninja
11-17-2002, 9:54 PM
ok i dont wanna sound like a bummer, but too many people are just making one thread on a reguest model. i think we should all agree to have one thread so that modelers that come for ideas dont have to go to page after page just to look for an interesting idea. i think we should, just too many threads. and another important fact is that when the persons idea, hopes, and dreams did'nt come true the thread is dead. just more space filling up. and as many threads there are, if i was a modeler i would'nt be searching page after page to find what i'm looking for. i speak not on myself, but for you the people who's creative minds that see potentual in a certain character. and your ideas will just be farther in the back pages from past posts that most people dont go looking for in the past. they like me just see whats up to date now. threads that stay alive.
 SettingShadow
11-18-2002, 3:52 AM
Exactly my opinipon, a guy made 8 new trheads to request one model in every thread. And all the text he used was: Iam looking for someone to take on this model, all progress will be tracked on my site (and then there was a link to his site).

And that will just take up space and well..... now hes threads are on the second page anyway.
 ninja
11-18-2002, 3:02 PM
i think we should try to control the amount of threads people. i mean they can edit the thread right? and delete the whole thread right? well we should tell them to take a reguest in a certain thread like "need ideas?" thats mostly about skining though. or my thread "model ideas 4 others" i mean come on i seen this person reguest a winnie the pooh model. but there was'nt even a responce back to that person. just too much space. anyway who the heck runs this forum. hey man we gotta have some rules here. and i think there should be a "MOD" ideas thread" i mean its cool to post a new thread if your looking for team members in your MOD, because your advertizing your mod. but if your not and just making a request for a MOD that should just go into a catigory thread. yeah thats exactly the word CATIGORY THREAD. i mean i've been in other forums before, and people FLAME the hell out of other people that make a new thread. which should go into a main catigory. i have model requests but you dont see me making a new thread on just that model. i made a thread where everyone can share their ideas with others. hey at least i'm not selfish. i say this for all of us who have a creative idea and want to share the idea. do you think if you were a modeler who was looking for an idea, do you really wanna go to page after page, reading and reading thread after thread just to find someone who has a good idea? would'nt you just wanna go to one thread and know exactly that you might find a good idea? hey these people have lives too. they dont wanna waste any time looking page after page. even if your idea at the moment does'nt seem to be liked, at least someone will see it in a permanent thread. hey thats unless you enjoy your ideas disapearing into the shadows with the rest of old threads.
 The Truthful Liar
11-18-2002, 4:59 PM
Alright, I'm here, what do you want done exactly?
 ninja
11-18-2002, 5:55 PM
i think permanent threads would be a good solution. like a "sticky". maybe for instance.. "map requests here only" "MOD requests here only" "model requests here" the people asking for help with on their MOD is not really that big of an issue. if the moders are looking for a team then thats cool too. because if it will be a good mod the thread will last long.
 SettingShadow
11-19-2002, 3:12 AM
I think that there may however be a problem with that, Im mean in time those sticky threads will get to over 6pages and if a modeler would read "Models Requests" I dont think he would look page after page to find something to do. Well thats my opinion, but I think you have a good idea and this might not even be a preoblem :cool:
 The Truthful Liar
11-19-2002, 4:31 AM
Okay, I'll take it up with ASk and see how he feels about this. Sounds good to me though, anything to stop the cluttering. :)
 ninja
11-19-2002, 4:55 AM
right on
 ninja
11-20-2002, 5:21 PM
this is what i'm talking abot. more rubish.
Page: 1 of 1