Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Grim with Win2000

Page: 1 of 1
 Fat John
11-13-2002, 12:19 PM
I've been playing Lucasarts adventures since I was 4 years old, and Grim was the only one I hadn't played. So, being the rich Lucasarts-addicted student that I am, I bought it today. However, it doesn't work under Win2000. Which is annoying, to say the least. Is there a way I can get it to work, or have I just wasted Ј7.99? :( I'm really angry and need answers! :)

(Sorry if this is a common, stupid or unanswerable question, I looked all over the site but couldn't find anything about Win2000, and I downloaded the patch, it made no difference either.)
 bgbennyboy
11-13-2002, 3:28 PM
Saying why it doesnt work would help.
As in what happens when you try and run it...
 Fat John
11-13-2002, 5:49 PM
Yeah, that might help, sorry :D

When I run it it tries to install DirectX 6, but I already have DirectX 8 or whatever. The game won't run without installing DirectX 6, but I can't install DirectX 6, my computer won't let me. The same thing has happened with other LucasArts games (Rogue Squadron, Jedi Knight) and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm using a laptop, is that a factor? I more than meet the minimum requirements...

Thanks in advance.
 Fat John
11-13-2002, 6:39 PM
Erm.

Next time there's a thread called "READ THIS FIRST", will someone kindly remind me to read it first? :eek:

I suck.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
 bgbennyboy
11-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Run the actual .exe rather than the launcher.
Run GrimFandango.exe rather than Grim.exe to launch the game directly. Also look in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78760) if you have more trouble.
 Tall Guy
11-16-2002, 5:48 PM
HEY! get your smelly monkey island avatar out of here!!! :D ;)
 bgbennyboy
11-16-2002, 5:53 PM
Careful, lest you too dissapear down the void that is Largo's kecks
 Tall Guy
11-17-2002, 9:11 AM
hehe, kecks is such a great word :D
Page: 1 of 1