Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

what should gf2 be about?

Page: 1 of 1
 sam fandango
11-12-2002, 12:55 PM
manny goes to the 8th level or whatever and so what can happen next???

i think that the makers of the game created the LSA in case a sequel was needed

for instance, manny can come back to help the LSA win a big civil war in the land of the dead. this time though, i hope the game is non-linear like the 2nd year (as apposed to the first year) the game should tap more into film noir and you should be able to have a FPS mode. also, i hope its like that titanic game where you REALLY interact w. people instead of ask them pointless questions
 sam fandango
11-13-2002, 12:00 PM
think of it... the cover o'GF2:

manny w/ a pistol w/ meche up front

eva and the bee guy and other bees + undead w/ green unifroms, red star hats, and cool sub-machine guns. The red bandanas make them look south american left-wing rebel-esqe. glottis is in the background w/ a tank (sam fandango commeses drooling)

come on people!

this is called give your own ideas about GF2 instead of think "wow sam fandango has a bad and weir idea for GF2.

i talking to you viewers

ahhhh!
 sam fandango
11-18-2002, 1:13 PM
this sucks,like,dig it man
 Tall Guy
11-18-2002, 2:48 PM
Welcome to the forums :)

I'm moving this to the 'Land of the Dead' forum...

btw, please don't triple post. it's annoying. thanks ;)
 Sanspoof
11-19-2002, 3:20 PM
Crazy liberals!
 Torque
09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Sorry, but a "sequel" involving the same characters just wouldn't do. Most characters are either gone/sprouted or in the 9th Underworld, and once you're in the 9th Underworld there's no turning back. Plus Manny would never return anyway, even if he could. A sequel would most likely have brand new characters, as I just don't see Eva or Glottis as potential main characters.

A "prequel" however might work. Or maybe they could "fill" in the gaps and explain things like:
1) How Manny got a nightclub.
2) What happened during that year from Puerto Zapato to the Gate of the 9th Underworld.
 stewlil
09-12-2007, 2:50 PM
lol That cover description i would expect on an action shooter. Grim isnt that. I would like exactly the same fixed camera arrow controlled whole thing, and like a different character besides manny, Crossovers would be cool like meeting new characters.
 Torque
09-12-2007, 4:01 PM
I'd love to actually make a Grim Fandango 2 myself, free of charge, for everyone to download. But most gaming companies are probably too paranoid about their copylefts-and-rights to allow that. I'll stick to Oblivion modding, Bethesda is much more "modder-friendly". :(
Page: 1 of 1