Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Final Fantasy: Revelations

Page: 1 of 1
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-07-2002, 6:18 PM
This is going to be a tentative project for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Since Sephy didn't go forward (so I think) with his project, I'm coming here to see who I can muster up. Basically, this will be an all-new Final Fantasy adventure based off the JO engine.

Here are some of the features you'll be looking to find:

1. 4 or 5 summonable monsters, who stick by you until they either are destroyed, or leave on their own terms.
2. Possible magic spells, will have to see :)
3. Many enemy types, mostly humanoid
4. 5 lead characters, who follow you as the game progresses and will stay with you (even if they fall in battle).
5. All-new musical score, complete with some Final Fantasy comebacks (fanfare, chocobo music remix, prelude). Characters will each have their own musical theme.
6. Nice locations that deliver a good mood, and have their own musical settings.
7. Voice acted, hopefully

Currently, due to engine limitations, the following will most likely (very likely) not be seen:
1. Changeable weapons/armor
2. New NPC types that use different weapons than gun, sword, etc.
3. Curing allies/Bringing them back to life if they fall during a level

While I haven't really thought of the basic plot, it will fall well within the normal Final Fantasy-type plots that we have seen in the past. These are the types of people I am in need of:

Texture Artists
Skin Artists
Weapons Modelers
Mappers
Icarus-friendly coders
*Voice Actors possibly
Character Modelers/Animators

I can do quite a bit myself, but I can't do near as much as an entire team could do. I can't even make character models yet (getting there ^_^). If any of you are interested in helping, please reply to this topic so we can get a team set up. Thanks for your time.
 SettingShadow
11-08-2002, 5:43 AM
:eek: Sounds really cool, to bad I cant be of any help though Im only a newbie skinner :(
 Sephiroth CR
11-10-2002, 4:31 PM
Just so u know, I can map and I do plan on making the Shinra Headquarters map for multiplayer in the future (probly around Christmas because thats when I get my new cpu). So I would like to join.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-10-2002, 5:45 PM
Sounds good. Any other takers? Sometimes I hate when we are forced to post these things on low-count forums...for pete's sake.

Well, if anyone else is interested, don't hesitate to speak up.
 Zain Sundancer
11-11-2002, 7:52 AM
I could beta test!
Page: 1 of 1