Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

POEM: Can You Still Feel the Butterflies?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lateralis
11-02-2002, 5:18 PM
Waking up, it's quarter past my dreams, the light cuts through my room, the day not as in the night it seemed. Starting out just the same old way, slowing down ending up, no words to say.

Drink the tears, down they go with whisky and forgetmenots. Quiet years, the ones without what madness in them. Here, under rocks and shade and there, over hills and green items of hope - do I believe, do I live both.

So take your silence, falling down, take your memories to town, wrap me up with you and rainbows and post me away. I'll come back for you, palm trees and moonsands, bright eyes and make believe - all the magic in the air, you with stardust in your hair.

I'll wait the winter through, warmed by thoughts of me and you. Friends of coffee cups have spoken, lies that I believed are broken, hope remains not just a token, a battered dream that sees me through.

Wednesday, Sunday, Monday - be. Friday walk away from me. Thursday I just can't see, 'cause fridays we made believe.

All the words drop from me, love for one girl like leaves from a tree. Stars at night holding hope bright, friends far and wide, I'm holding the tide - my memories are true, I whistle, I smile...I think of you. It gets me through.
 Darth Eggplant
11-02-2002, 9:59 PM
the Blue casket is getting
a lot more thread traffic
and older threads are dissapearing
I think we should all collectively
post in one thread to keep our poems
alive and online. I have started
a thread called More Or Less Poetry.
It is also a place for giving
poetry lessons, and for sharing
poetic devices.
If you wish to insure your words
poetic posterity, transfer them
over into this thread. that way
we all can keep the thread alive
and kicking.
 Lateralis
11-03-2002, 9:07 AM
Oops. Sorry bout this, then.
 Darth Eggplant
11-03-2002, 12:19 PM
no need to be sorry,
but I think you and Isis
and merfatcat and others
who do post poetry should
consolidate them in one thread
so they don't go byte bye on you.
just thought.
*don't worry if I really want to
post them again and subject the
forum to more flaky eggplant poetry
I will.:cool: *
 Lateralis
11-03-2002, 2:25 PM
You'll get rid of me that easily. :D.
 Metallus
11-03-2002, 2:32 PM
I like it how it is, guys. I made this forum for poetry, so if it was just in one thread, that would defeat the purpose of making a separate forum wouldn't it? If you want to look for older stuff just choose to view threads from the beginning rather than the last 30 days.
 Darth Eggplant
11-03-2002, 11:55 PM
oh I did not know that.
Lateralis never mind.
 Lateralis
11-05-2002, 3:11 PM
Very well sir, I shall continue posting the divine and the profane, as I reach but one hundred of these thoughts I brood, I thank you for humouring me thus far.
Page: 1 of 1