Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just some suggestions...

Page: 1 of 1
 Acer Palmatum
11-02-2002, 2:27 PM
I am on several other forums (mostly car oriented), and even admin two myself. So with that in mind, I have some angles that may be helpful. :)

1) Set up a "Help support this Forum with PayPal" icon. Maybe then we can afford some more bandwidth. [:)] Maybe suggest the amounts that people can donate ($5, $10, $20, etc.) I'm sure that an extra hundred or two per month wouldn't hurt things. :)

2) With more bandwidth, we can enable searches, including "view new posts". Then we won't have repeated posts eating up all the existing bandwidth. I posted a Q about which mod was the best/most popular to use for JKII about two weeks ago, and have seen the same thing asked 4 times since then in different words. I'm sure I am not the first to ask this question either, but I don't think that most people (myself included) are willing to wade through thousands of posts to find the answer to a single Q.

3) Enable e-mail notification. I PM'd or e-mailed (don't remember which) one of the admins regarding this about a week ago, and never received a response. But I have figured out by communicating with other board members that it must be shut off.

4) If we are really hurting for space or bandwidth, we should really cut down on the 402 smilies rather than the functions that would really make this board kick some major @ss. :)

5) This is my own preference, but I'm sure many will agree. Pop-up windows bite the big one. Please lose the pop-ups, and do more on page advertising to make the money to support the features we need. :) Honestly though, I never even see the pop-ups, because I have a killer that automatically shuts them down before they plug up my system with their unwelcome and unsolicited intrusion into my surfing experience. ;)

Now I realize that some of this sounds pretty sharp tongued. I assure you that it is not my intention to be a smart @ss, or condescending. I really want to help. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste my time typing this here. ;) I just think that this forum has much more potential than is currently realized. And I think that the game is deserving of the best community support we can muster. :)

Thanks for listening. :)
Page: 1 of 1