Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is currently your favorite game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
11-02-2002, 12:57 AM
Kinda like asking who's your best friend when you have 3 best friends, isn't it?

I'm currently playing Galactic Battlegrounds and am getting supergood at killing the computer. I hate how the zone is full of flooders and scenario players, it makes me sick to my stomach, i nearly cried when i went into random map and nobody was playing random map. buncha idiots. :mad:

:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:
 Kylilin
11-02-2002, 1:39 AM
I'd have to say its a tie between Jedi Outcast and Madden 2002.
 BeastMaster
11-02-2002, 4:08 PM
Don't have JKO yet (no time to play it).

PC: DS9: The Fallen, just 'cause of the atmosphere; it actually feels like you're in the DS9 environment; it's got that whole space gothic look going on with the gloom and darkness. It's the little touches that really do it; the cardassian, Jem'Hadar, and bajoran facilities actually look distinct, unlike other games where it looks like all the architecture came from the same architect. The player interface is great, as are the graphics, and the storyline rocks. The only flaws are the lack of MP, the almost nonexistant editing community, the lack of a voice patch (Avery Brooks wasn't available to voice Sisko, though everyone else was in place), and the small station levels (the promenade and ops are . . . abbreviated).

Console: The Zelda games Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Don't have a gamecube, and I'm probably going to avoid "Zelda: South Park" as I've dubbed the new Zelda game (because of the revolting cell-shaded "walking 2D" graphics).
 Pad
11-04-2002, 7:40 PM
hmm, there a lot of great games out there. but the game im still playin a lot if my pc wants, is JO. think its still a great, kickass game. i prolly cahnge opinion when kotor comes out.
 Sivy
11-04-2002, 10:42 PM
currently Hitman 2, but overall JO
 Pedro The Hutt
11-06-2002, 9:48 AM
hhmm, at the moment I'm playing King of Fighters '97 the most hehe ^_^
 Darth Simpson
11-06-2002, 1:56 PM
Neverwinter Nights.

Still trying to finish it!
 Darth Groovy
02-24-2003, 8:09 PM
Age of Mythology :cool:
 Lord Glorfindel
02-24-2003, 9:49 PM
I just got CC Generals (great game, recommend it to everyone), but overall I am playing JO for the MP and still trying to beat Desann on the hardest level, AOM I am on the 29th level, I am playing a demo for the game called SimGolf. Its a pretty fun demo. And I TOO play the game DS9 The Fallen, another great game. And I am also playing a new MP mod for RA2: YR its pretty cool. Not to mention all of the games I go back to all of the time just to play specific levels. But besides that this is what I am mainly playing.
 Wombat3
02-25-2003, 3:28 AM
I am currently playing Shadowflare (Diablo clone) and Unreal Tournament 2003 (the single player bots are incredible)
 Rogue15
02-25-2003, 10:06 AM
I'm playing some Mech Assault. =] I need xbox live to dload the new mechs and maps though. =/
 BeastMaster
02-25-2003, 10:22 AM
I've updated.

I now have JO, and I've acquired and beated Voyager: Elite Force.

JO hasn't really impressed me yet (though I haven't really had a chance to really play it for more than 15min at a time (damn school).

EF is pretty good, but nowhere near as good as The Fallen. The interface is irritating (I hate first-person!), and the level architecture is what I was talking about before; everything looks like it came out of the same place. It does however have a huge editing/gaming community.

Playing EF, I feel like I'm walking through an episode of Voyager and hanging around the sets. Playing The Fallen however, was like actually being in the DS9 universe.
 Lynk Former
02-26-2003, 2:13 AM
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA - OCARINA OF TIME
 Echuu Shen-Jon
03-15-2003, 4:09 AM
It's clearly Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.
 Taos
03-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Right now my favorite game is Unreal Tournament 2003! I just love the action in the game! :D I can't get enough........must.....kill......everyone! :D
 Pedro The Hutt
03-20-2003, 1:42 PM
Currently me be playing Cap vs. SNK, Soul Calibur and JKII.
 GonkH8er
03-21-2003, 1:12 AM
http://msmcs.net/files/Monkey.swf)

that's currently my fav game :)
 Boba Rhett
03-21-2003, 1:54 AM
Eep. I slapped him once and got a speed of 666. I naturally took this as a bad sign and ran away screaming in terror.
 obi
03-21-2003, 8:50 AM
I don't know why, but I have been very addicted to Age of Empires II: Age of Kings lately.
 BeastMaster
03-21-2003, 10:01 AM
 LDB_modeski
03-22-2003, 4:47 AM
Right now my favourite game would have to be Deus Ex, as I'm currently replaying it. Oh my god what an atmospheric game.

I've also just gotten a hold of C&C Generals but haven't really gotten into it, and won't til I've finished Deus Ex.
 Pedro The Hutt
03-22-2003, 8:55 AM
Takara has just announced that Transformers game O_o it can't already have fallen apart.
 Rogue15
03-23-2003, 2:43 AM
currently.....GHOST RECON!!!!!!!!!
 Taos
03-23-2003, 1:09 PM
OMG a transformers game? :eek: That would be sweet! I played with those toys all the time while 'growing up.' :D
 edlib
03-24-2003, 9:04 PM
Freespace 2, although I haven't played it in a while.

I'm currently only playing Bounty Hunter regularly, and it's currently pissing me off royally! :mad: Been stuck on the same damn level for what seems like years.
 BeastMaster
03-27-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Takara has just announced that Transformers game O_o it can't already have fallen apart.

I was going by the last comment on the TFormers.com article;

Originally posted by badnews on 2003-03-17:
Sorry guys, I work at gamestop and the tf game is gone from the computer. that usually means the game has been cancelled.
though, when you think about it...less than 3 months to release and all we had was a few screenshots and no gameplay info...I may be wrong, if so it has been pushed back so far that there is no more date.

OTOH, you're right, on 2003-03-24, information was released about a PS2 game currently in development in Japan.

Dude. My pants just exploded. (http://www3.telus.net/Dsx2/gamefaqs_tfgen1_trailer%20TRY%202.mpg)
:drop2:

Download, then play.
 Pedro The Hutt
03-28-2003, 9:43 AM
Impressive.... most impressive O_O

(and they better get the surviving original voice actors on the job again! XD)
 BeastMaster
03-28-2003, 8:27 PM
The only ones I know of who're dead are Chris (Starscream) Latta and Scatman (Jazz) Carothers. Screamer can easily be voiced by, uh, whoever it is that voiced Terrorsaur on Beast Wars (and who already voiced Starscream in one episode of that).

Peter (Optimus Prime) Cullen is alive and well, and pushing Powerpuff Girl reruns on Cartoon Network. ;) he's already expressed an interest in revisiting Optimus Prime, but thus far it hasn't worked out.

Good as Gary (Oprimus Primal, Armada Prime) Chalk is, his Cullen impressions tend to be. . . innacurate.

Frank (Megatron, Galvatron, Soundwave. . .) Welker is everywhere. When he finally dies, the entire cartoon industry will collapse.
 git_sum_stuka
03-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Age of Mythology :cool: I play age of mythology too master:D
 Pedro The Hutt
03-29-2003, 3:47 PM
Well, they could ask Leonard Nemoy to voice Galvatron XD He did an awesome job in Transformers the Movie.
 another_trooper
03-29-2003, 4:21 PM
Yeah im playing cap vs snk 2, ghost recon, and warcraft 3
as for cap/snk2 can any1 beat my s.akuma ? i only know one guy who can, and i know a lot of ppl :)
 Pedro The Hutt
03-30-2003, 9:19 AM
It's not hard to be good with Shin Akuma, now go forth and try to be tough with Dan Hibiki XD and if I lived in your area I'd gladly challenge you. *taunts him Dan style* Oyajiii!!!
 another_trooper
03-30-2003, 7:35 PM
It's not hard to be good with Shin Akuma, now go forth and try to be tough with Dan Hibiki XD and if I lived in your area I'd gladly challenge you. *taunts him Dan style* Oyajiii!!!

It IS man, his obvious lack of hp is only compensated by his excellent attacks if you dont make any mistakes. . . WHICH IS HARD ! !

But anyway, i would be cool to play you but id have to travel for like 8 hours at the expense of X cash (which is already too much for me ;) )

Dont get the impression that i only play /w s. akuma, i tried almost every char, but only a few are actually woth playing

And forget about Dan, man, he was a joke, he is a joke and hell always be one!:D
 edlib
03-30-2003, 7:42 PM
New current game:

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

This game is pretty cool.
 Wombat3
03-31-2003, 2:30 AM
I am now playing ShadowFlare and Morrowind
 BeastMaster
03-31-2003, 10:17 AM
Simultaneously? ;)

Well, they could ask Leonard Nemoy to voice Galvatron XD He did an awesome job in Transformers the Movie.

Did'j'a know there's actually a fanwank to explain why Galvy's voice changes? After TFTM, the first time we see Galvatron is after he's landed in a pool of lava. The near-slagging probably wrecked his vocal systems, changing his voice (possibly the same damage activated that pain-chip Unicron planted in his head --the unrelenting "migraine" is what eventually drove him insane in the later episodes).

This just means that if the Galvatron/Rodimus parts of the game happen during TFTM (as that duel in the trailer seems to imply), then he should sound different.

Anyway, I don't know if the game company could afford Nimoy just for the game. There's a reason there's so little crossover between screen acting and voice acting --usually only theatrical movies can afford the "big names."
 another_trooper
03-31-2003, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by edlib
New current game:

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

This game is pretty cool.

maybe you should give a review of it to the thread of NL_Ackbar in the galactic forums off topic section
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Currently my favourite? Well, it was NOLF2 until my video drivers started playing up and I got some really bad visual bugs in the game. I literally can't see what's going on in the game...and I think it has something to do with DirectX9. I'm hoping they'll release another patch to fix it...

I'm going to plough back into Neverwinter Nights soon...
 Lord Nighthawk
04-16-2003, 4:56 PM
Well for me it's a tie between Max Payne (for the PS2) and Mechwarrior 4 (for the PC).:) Although I do like Age of Kings (for the PC) as well.:)
 Bob Gnarly
04-26-2003, 5:25 PM
currantly im really into the sims online demo
Page: 1 of 1