Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Final Fantasy Mod Team

Page: 1 of 1
 -Chrono_MOT-
10-31-2002, 8:13 AM
Sepiroth__CR posted in the Modeling Forum, but it was locked and I don't think he knows yet. He's starting up an FF mod team for those interested. He wants coders, modelers, mappers, etc.

For the record, I have volunteered to do music, weapons models, and maps.
 Sephiroth CR
10-31-2002, 8:02 PM
What the hell are u talkin about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad:
Sephiroth_VII started that thread, not me!
 Sephiroth CR
10-31-2002, 8:05 PM
By the way, right now I'm learnin how to make maps. Count me in!:) I'm gonna try and make the Shinra Headquarters soon!
 Sephiroth CR
10-31-2002, 8:29 PM
Also I have a bunch of mod ideas. One is a new lightsaber stance for the Sephiroth and Cloud models comin out. Sephiroth's stance's special could be his special stab from above and Cloud's special could be braver.
 Covax
11-01-2002, 12:35 PM
:cool: There better be giant monster 'cause I ain't playing no Final Fantasy game without no giant monsters...
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Sorry, no need for you to get rude. It's easy to confuse your names, especially since his thread mysteriously vanished.

Please post here if you are interested. I wouldn't mind doing a couple of maps, but my real specialty is music and weapons. Specifically, I'm looking to hook Sephy up with a coder that will play the FF Fanfare at the end of a duel. Since this is a MP mod (god I'd love to see SP FF7) a lot of things will change.

I'm not sure what he has in mind, but the force powers will more likely be changed to different types of magic. For example, since there are three levels of each force power, that will more than be good enough for Cure, Cura, Curaga. All ya gotta do is change the icons around. Also, it'd be nice to have the huds change to the default "bars" that FF games have. Then you could have an HP bar (health) and an MP bar (force) along with Barrier (shield).

This would need to be done in JediMod though, so that each individual character could have his/her own weapon. Plus, it would allow us to scale models to correct heights so that they looked proper. Anyone want to fight Bahamut? :P

Specials are a different case. They would need to be coded using animations that are in-game. Since there are only 5 stances (as coded by Dest) JediMod would need to be altered to either have more, or to change the specials. For example, Braver (Cloud's limit) wouldn't be possible unless there was a kneeling animation with the lightsaber facing down.

This can definitely be done, and god-willing, will be done. An FF mod (or Squaresoft mod ^_^) would probably rock the foundations of JK2 mods. Not only that, but like DBZ:BFP for QIII if we make it available for download SquareSoft might nix us and make us write our own stuff for it.
 Sephiroth CR
11-01-2002, 2:23 PM
So can I be a part of it?
 Covax
11-01-2002, 3:58 PM
:cool: Oh.. it's only Multiplayer... :rolleyes:

Oh well... giant monsters are still possible (like how I've got the Gundams in Dragon Remix)... something to consider for stuff like Summoning Monsters and if you'll do Saga-type games.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-01-2002, 5:44 PM
I'm not the head of the team, you'll have to ask Sephy, CR.

Covax, it could very well be an SP mod, but as it stands all I know is that right now MP plans are in the making. If it's not MP, then SP is what I would definitely suggest...as I can write/arrange killer music for it.

The problem is, we are somewhat limited in what we can do. We'd have to code NPCs to run around and use things, then disappear. Otherwise, you could essentially summon 25 shivas...the problem being...well, nevermind. I guess we could give a bind when you find summons that go bind <key> <summon>.

I think to further elaborate what I am talking about, we'll need to make some more models. Since almost all of the espers/summons are humanoid, it shouldn't be too hard. The only question is, how to make them go away. Once you summon, should you be allowed to continue with them at your side?

Or maybe...we should create an entirely new and original Final Fantasy...complete with Voice Actors...hmm...
 Covax
11-02-2002, 4:22 AM
:cool: Well... you'd just use some of them like the Shields or the Sentry Gun. You'd 'summon' (ie 'drop') the monster. *poof* big guy appears, using the Shadowtrooper cloacking effect fror the right kind of 'apperance'.

http://members.rogers.com/dragonremix/image/gun.jpg)
http://members.rogers.com/dragonremix/image/gun2.jpg)

He'd be static (stuck to the ground) then hits one of your enemies with an attack, let's say a blast like from the disruptor, then *poof* he fades away. .

It would also help to add a bit of variety, have one kind stomp around for a set limit then dissapear... another could be 'lauched' from you (like Odin charging) then fades away after hitting someone. Don't forget.. not all are offensive either. You can have Toonces (or whatever the little frog guy was called) and have him cast the equivelat of the Ysalamiri protection as magic shield.

As for the story, I'd reccomend writing something Original, either a brand new FF or something that merges the 'worlds'.

As for Game types, remember you've got 3: SP, MP and 'Saga' (the MP Co-op). The last one need some REAL work to get it playable though.
Page: 1 of 1