Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please, please, please help me out here.

Page: 1 of 1
 Darkchyld
10-27-2002, 1:13 AM
Hey, all.

I stick mostly to the single-player game, and really enjoy it.

What I don't enjoy, is Kyle Katarn. Just doesn't do it for me. So, I was wondering, could someone create like, a Generic Padawan skin that could work in single player? What I mean is, like, someone that basically looks, and is dressed like Obi-Wan from Episode 1.

I would really, really, really appreciate it if anyone could help me out here.
 Matt-Liell
10-27-2002, 7:09 AM
go to www.jediknightii.net), there r many skins that fit that criteria. then just zip it up in the models/players/kyle directory instead of for example models/players/padawan directory!
 Darkchyld
10-27-2002, 12:32 PM
So, I went into my gamedata folder, created a "models" folder, in that, created a "player" folder, and in that, created a "kyle" folder. In the kyle folder, I placed the zipped file for the Obi-Wan VM skin I had found.

However, when I started the game, all I got was plain ol' Kyle "dull duds" Katarn. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong :(
 Matt-Liell
10-27-2002, 12:36 PM
searce www.google.ca) for a program called PackScape. it is the best program to use to pack .pk3 files. then zip up all the files in the directory i told u to above using Packscape.
 SettingShadow
10-27-2002, 12:52 PM
So, I went into my gamedata folder, created a "models" folder, in that, created a "player" folder, and in that, created a "kyle" folder. In the kyle folder, I placed the zipped file for the Obi-Wan VM skin I had found.

However, when I started the game, all I got was plain ol' Kyle "dull duds" Katarn. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong

Well first its not the gamedata folder, its the gamedata/base folder, second when you have the Obi wan skin, open up the .zip file and just extract the "Name".pk3 to the gamedata/base folder.
Then go to the gamedata/base folder and open up the Obiwan.pk3 (or what it is called) with winzip (Iґve never tryed this packscape but Im sure thats good to) then just extract all files there to the gamedata/base folder. Then a folder called models will be created. Go into it and go into players that is in there and then you see this folder: "Obiwan" (or something) just rename that folder to kyle. Then create a new folder in the gamedata/base directory and name whatever you want, then copy the models folder and paste it into there. Now go back to the base directory and create a new .zip file, open it and hit the add button, then browse your computer till you find the folder you created in the base directory go into it. Now make sure to check the "add subfolders" button, then just hit the
"add with wildcards" button. Then close the zip file and rename it to "something".pk3 (something = whatever you wanna name it) and then when you play SP kyle will be Obi Wan. Hope this helps.

Note: This will also replace kyle in MP.
Page: 1 of 1