Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some Suggestions for the Makers (Question Free from me)

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
10-22-2002, 6:00 PM
Well, I'll give you a break from my never ending supply of questions and give you some suggestions. I remember Alex and I were talking about the skinning of Kyle in Jabba's ship level. Kyle will initially start out in a white shirt with pants and boots on. Later, when he gets his gear, you may have a problem reskinning him in mid-level.
I think when you get to that little room in the middle of the dungeon control center where you're gear is, the level should end. Show a cutscene of Kyle pick his stuff up and then start the second level with the new skin on and with all of his gear.
Also once Jan is found, start a new level for that mission. Have a cutscene of their dialog that they exchanged, and then show them somewhere new in Jabba's Ship. Then start the level in a brand new area, so that you don't have to make a door to a new area.
This advice seems only to apply to Jabba's Ship, but I think for longer levels like this one and Madine's Fate, you may have to split the mission up into two or more levels. I mean I keep hearing something about a maximum model limit, and I will tell you that DF didn't have that restriction due that it was in 2.5D, that's for sure!
 The_One
10-23-2002, 5:01 AM
Actually, you can change skin or even model mid-level. Milesteg did some experimenting a while back, so that shouldn't be a problem :)
 Alex_P47
10-23-2002, 1:52 PM
on some of the longer levels though we may want to split the maps up because they have a lot of those sprite stormtroopers
 Katarn07
10-23-2002, 4:55 PM
That's what the model limit thing you are alwa referring to is. Oh, I didn't know you could change skins mid-level. Oh well...
Page: 1 of 1