Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GF soundtrack titles and sequence???

Page: 1 of 1
 peterbuldge
10-21-2002, 10:28 PM
I've decided to make my own Grim Fandango soundtrack cd by ripping the wav files from the game. I've ripped all of the various themes from the game, as well as the few bits of dialogue I want to include, but I have a question. What order do they go in? I want my cd to be fairly chronological and I don't remember the game enough to do it. Does anybody have a list of of all the different themes in the order that they first appear in the game? Or does anyone know how I could find out myself? Is the info in the files somewhere?

Also some of the tracks are named differently on the officially released soundtrack, like "the Trouble With Carla", I can't find any theme with the same name on the actual game cds. Or the festival theme, which is called "companeros" on the cd I believe. Does anyone know what all themes have "official" names and what those names are?

thanks for any help
 peterbuldge
10-21-2002, 11:06 PM
I just realized the tracks are already pretty much in order. Now I just need help with the real names of the themes. Can anyone help me out?
 MeddlingMonk
10-24-2002, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't sweat 'real names'. Unless the tracks are on the CD I don't think there's any way to know if the pieces have actual titles.

When I made my own GF soundtrack I just made up what I needed. For example, the music that plays when you're at the cliff-top elevator in Rubacava is called 'This Elevator is Slow'...so the music that plays when you're in the wine cellar I called 'This Elevator is Small'. But for the most part I just stayed with the file names or some kind of variant.
 jannar85
10-25-2002, 4:35 AM
If you use ScummRev you can get the filenames of the songs. I did that. :)
Page: 1 of 1