Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Neato Map Thing

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
10-20-2002, 9:47 PM
I think I'll take a break from never posting here to point you all towards this thing (http://pub1.bravenet.com/guestmap/show.php?usernum=399836&lightmap=0&icons=0&&entrylist=0&zoom=0&welcome=1). It's a map of the locations LucasForums people. I think the GFN needs a bit more representation there, guys :)
 JofaGuht
10-21-2002, 1:07 AM
very cool map. I guess I'm the only Missourian. Someday i'll move out to a beautiful place like Sydney, Australia or Santiago, Spain. Pereferrably Sydney.

Met! Why did you move out Seattle? its a lot better than southern california.
 Metallus
10-21-2002, 1:23 AM
I had no say in the matter, it's a long story. I'll probably move back to Washington when I'm out of school.
 Junior™
10-21-2002, 11:23 AM
Hey...three German members?

This is more than I had expected, to be honest.
 Darth Eggplant
10-21-2002, 11:40 AM
the map is a good idea and a lot of fun, but if it is a Lucasarts forum map I think they should have put more into it. First off you should start with the world, and then you should have a button or field which says choose your continent, that way you could say Australia if you lived in Australia and get a real good map of that continent, then options should be choose which region or state or province, because in Australia there is NSW and other regions, then the next option should have been cities, so if you lived in we'll say Sidney Australia you could end up there. and then as for posts or pins saying who you are the choices should have been little characters or icons representing the many ganes Lucasarts has. A choice of Star Wars characters, a choice of Monkey Island characters, Day of The Tentacle, The Dig, Grim Fandango etc. and the graphics\flash\programing of this map could have been much more professionally done. I mean Lucasarts employs most likely hundreds if not 1,000's of people, makes millions off movies and etc... and they or rather George goes to such great length adding scenes, making shadows, improving theatre sound THX quality of picture ILM and all the rest, packing digital film with 60 frames per second or whatever the leading edge is and trying to go beyond. I think the map is a great idea with potential, but needs to be improved upon. (it is also like I have voiced privately to other forum memebers, thid forum is free and fun, but it is also frustrating because more times it seems it is down than up.) I know Lucasarts has a huge fan base community, but again Lucasarts ids a giant of a company and George Lucas and his staff out on the ranch are suppose to be visionaries, so let the horse shoe fit the mount that's all. enough said having now sounded like a nay sayer, I put myself on the map and said Ola! to the world from a Grim Fandango and the Grim Fandango forum\network and told everyone the obvious that Grim Fandango is the best game in the Lucasarts empire.

and now will you just look at this, a post by the round purple one all the way through letting the forums natural wrap arounds do their thing, with no weird stylized or poetic stops, breaks or arrangement of text. he..he... but do not get used to this.:D
 Tall Guy
10-21-2002, 1:51 PM
LucasForums is not run by LucasArts, it is run by fans of LucasArts, the company dosn't own the forums. They also dont have anything to do with that map either :)
 Darth Eggplant
10-22-2002, 12:26 AM
then they should hire all you dedicated mods, forum admin's and other tech fan people and give you big fat, lucrative paychecks with yummy benifits and tons of job security, plus lots of money that way, fruit like produce like me would say cool! instead of bla blah blah
;)
Page: 1 of 1