Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gf2

Page: 1 of 1
 Leovinus
10-18-2002, 4:06 PM
I heard that pc gamer said that a gf 2 was coming up, Is it trou?
 SamNMax
10-18-2002, 5:09 PM
Nope. Rumor.
 Leovinus
10-18-2002, 5:13 PM
I don't see what lucas arts is thinking of, every bodey don't want another star wars game. I don't know how many times i have sent them messages about this.
 SamNMax
10-18-2002, 6:38 PM
I don't think they'll stop making those from a guy E-mailing them. I'm actually looking forword to the upcoming Star Wars titles.
 Darth Eggplant
10-19-2002, 1:06 AM
do you think petitioning Lucasarts
to make GF PEZ dispensors would work?
I collect them and have the Star Wars ones.
 Leovinus
10-19-2002, 4:09 AM
i didn't mean that they should stopp making star wars games. I just meent that it would be nice if they could start thinking of the adventure games as well. Look at monkey island, it's a great series. Then Why can't they do a gf2? and when i meen messeges i meen 3.

and sorry darth, i don't understand you. gf pez and so on?

sorry for any missunderstandings
 Leovinus
10-19-2002, 4:11 AM
But then, i don't know if i would play gf2. It might just be crapp, who knows?
 Junior™
10-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Leovinus
i didn't mean that they should stopp making star wars games. I just meent that it would be nice if they could start thinking of the adventure games as well. Look at monkey island, it's a great series. Then Why can't they do a gf2? and when i meen messeges i meen 3.

The problem is that adventure gamers are a minority which cannot compete with the huge crowd that buys Star Wars games. And let's face it: In the end it's all about money and if Star Wars games sell themselves out way better, then LucasArts won't think about changing anything.
 Leovinus
10-19-2002, 10:57 AM
Sad but trou.
 GrimGroove
10-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Im quite sure a GF@ is coming up, just look at the article on this site:
GrimF 2 article (http://gfc.grimfandango2.com/gf2.shtml)
 Tall Guy
10-19-2002, 2:20 PM
no a GF sequal hasn't been anounced, the two games mentioned in the first article on GFC have alreday been anounced and neither of them is GF2. all the rest of the stuff is just rumours...
 GendoTheGreat
10-19-2002, 2:42 PM
I'd be happy if they just re-released the GF sound track. I want it. Let's petition them about that.
 MeddlingMonk
10-19-2002, 2:55 PM
Right. That GFC article is over a year old. That's a strong hint the contents might not be reliable. ;)
 Darth Eggplant
10-19-2002, 2:59 PM
fresh meat on the forum,
hello GrimGroove!
I hope you don't mind going amongst
mad people, cause were all mad here.
or if not mad just boring, or pretetious
or narcasistic, or whatever
:D
 Lateralis
10-19-2002, 3:32 PM
I'd prefer if they didn't release a sequel, it's a pefect game, and a sequel could possibly spoil it, if it was along the lines of efmi.
 Leovinus
10-20-2002, 8:18 AM
hum... i think you're right Lateralis It's a game that should be a adventure game icon, not a half good adventure series. A re-release of the sound track would be nice though. Sadly you have to wait a bit before you can replay the game and have as much fun as the first time. Has every one seen the trailer, the 35 mb one? it's great, It makes me a bit sad that i didn't see it before i started playing GF the first time.
 GrimGroove
10-20-2002, 8:27 AM
Where can I find the trailer?
I didnt replay GF yet, I still remember almost every puzzle. That s because for every puzzle I had to look quite some time, especially the one with the arrow in the forest to find the secret underground passage.
 Leovinus
10-20-2002, 9:19 AM
There is a post about it. heres where you can get it "http://www.emucamp.com/megamonkey/c...es/GriMovie.zip"). Be aware that you might have to download it a couple of times before it will run at all. I had to download it about six times before it started to work.
 Leovinus
10-20-2002, 9:21 AM
DON'T TRY THE LINK,i made a mistake and you'll get nowhere heres the real link

http://www.emucamp.com/megamonkey/cafecalavera/files/GriMovie.zip)
 Lateralis
10-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Is this the .avi trailer, or the realplayer version from the offical site?
 Tall Guy
10-20-2002, 12:09 PM
DON'T TRY THE LINK,i made a mistake and you'll get nowhere heres the real link

http://www.emucamp.com/megamonkey/cafecalavera/files/GriMovie.zip) Leovinus, we have an 'edit post' option on these boards, please use it instead of posting twice.
 Darth Eggplant
10-20-2002, 12:34 PM
yes I use eidit all the time

*see i spelt edit wrong
and am correcting it*

I could teach you,
besides I am the only
scatter brain on this forum
who posts, multiple posts.

*also it has been a while
and like finger nails
across a chaulk board
the affect is so delicious:

LUPE
:D
 Leovinus
10-21-2002, 4:54 AM
I'll try to learn. thanks tall guy. forums are a new thing for me, takes a while to learn.
 Junior™
10-21-2002, 11:20 AM
You're doing just fine...no worries. :)
 Tall Guy
10-21-2002, 2:02 PM
I'll try to learn. thanks tall guy. forums are a new thing for me, takes a while to learn. no problem ;)
 Lateralis
10-21-2002, 2:36 PM
Yay! The trailer is found at last.
 Leovinus
10-21-2002, 3:02 PM
No problem, theres a post by the name of *drums* "full trailer", where i got it from.
 Lateralis
10-23-2002, 3:03 PM
idiot=me.
 sam fandango
11-07-2002, 1:03 PM
i wanna get the soundtrak!
 Flood419
01-22-2003, 1:55 PM
We'd ALL like the soundtrack!

Incidentally is it just me or is
www.smoking-monkey.org) a gimmick? (Dead?)

Flood419
 ZaXeriaw
01-30-2003, 4:59 AM
I think there'll be a GF2. Here is a quote from Lucasarts public relations manager Tom Sarris:

There'll definately be another Monkey Island game. You've seen four incredibly well-done versions of Monkey Island, and there's an immense amount of stories that remain to be told within that series. And not only that series -- I mean Grim Fandango especially, we'd love to revisit that one day. Sadly, Tim Schaffer probably won't be involved, but we don't think that means the property has to suffer at all. You look at somebody like Sean Clarke, who's involved as director of Full Throttle II. Sean's extremely talented, and I think he'll bring an interesting perspective to Full Throttle, in the same way someone could do with a sequel to Grim Fandango.
 Darklighter
02-01-2003, 9:31 AM
Hey all:)Haven't been over here before, just thought I'd pop in and check out some fellow Fandango fans:D

I think it is likely that they would make a GF2. I mean they're making a Full Throttle sequel, so why not a Grim Fandango one? The only reservation I have about the sequel is that in the first game, they basically covered everything in the story, so in the next game they couldn't expand much. Nevertheless, with new characters and some new made-up locations and a convincing plot, I'm sure it would be a hit.
 Bogart
02-07-2003, 5:45 PM
I think new characters would be the key. GF was a complete story. Shoehorning stuff in like Mr. Lucas did with the prequels would be silly. Why not a GF2 where Glottis is the protagonist? Or a prequel where you're Lola, sexy and intrepid Freelance Photographer! (was that Lola? I havent played in a while...). I think Hauling Manny back for another round would be a mistake.
Page: 1 of 1