Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lost Cause, Part IV

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
10-17-2002, 8:00 PM
It's finally here. It's finally online.

I've been having a fair bit of trouble getting this one done, as it is I currently have to go and write a 2500 word essay about how Sydney is a friggin' global city, it's due in 7 hours.

It would have been up last night, but net connection has been giving me trouble at home. I had to burn it onto a CD and upload it from uni.

Oh well. It's done now. There's a cool picture to go with it this time as well.

Hmmm... can I come up with any trivia for this part...

First vocal appearance of Ham Slowmo, and the Wookiee Pooey.

The narrator's outburst at the start is a line of Buzz Lightyear's in Toy Story.

http://nightlight.grimfandango2.com/lostcauseI/lci4.jpg)
 LiMP RABBiT
10-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Thanks for clearing up that Buzz Lightyear thing. For a while i thought i was going mad when those lines reminded me of a talking dog, a toy space man and a plastic cowboy. But otherwise it was great. I must say i was quite disturbed when i heard Ham Slowmo's voice. My dog slouched out of my room with its tail between its legs.

PS. I dont actually have a dog but i thought it made me sound like a more sentimental character or something.
 Gabez
10-18-2002, 12:11 PM
Hee, Ham's voice is hillarious. :D

Another great episode... and was that a Simpsons refference I heard?
 Darth Eggplant
10-18-2002, 1:03 PM
what is Wookie Pooey doing
with an intergalactic hair dresser
like Ham? Man, Ham was a great southern pansy
if I ever heard one.:D
part 4 was funny.
 MJ
10-18-2002, 7:12 PM
Ummm... Simpson's reference? Maybe subliminally. Tell me the line. I'll let you know. :)

I found a Simpsons' reference that I didn't mean to put in in one of my old radio works, 'Howard's From Space' (which I'm considering putting online at one stage) in which Number 2 says 'I'm seeing double, four Howards!!'

Number 2 has been around for quite a while. :)

And Ham is FREAKY. :S:D
 LiMP RABBiT
10-20-2002, 10:30 AM
And id watch out for that Barbra Strisen reference. I'm sure she wouldn't be flatterred by being compared to a moon/ space station/ mutaded lobster with a taste for pasta.
 Jake
10-26-2002, 1:58 AM
the "have you done this?" "no" "how about this?" "no" "what about this" "... yes" bit seems like a joke from the simpsons.

maybe i'm wrong.
 MJ
10-26-2002, 7:07 AM
If it is, it sure as hell wasn't intentional. I stopped watching the Simpsons years ago, so if there's something similair, I'm putting it down to coincidence.

And honestly, how many episodes are there 300? What isn't from The Simpsons now?
 Gabez
10-26-2002, 9:54 AM
"I want the planet dead, I want the moon's dead, I want their astoroids dead!"

"Wait... what came after the planet?"

---------------------------------------------

And from The Simpsons "Mayored to the Mob":

Fat Tony: I want the mayor dead, I want his wife dead, I want his cat and dog dead.

Lenny: Wait, wait, wait, who was before the cat?

---------------------------------------------

It struck me as a reference, at least. The emphasis on "dead" is the same and everything.
 MJ
10-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Ohhh, THAT line. Sure, that one was intentional, I couldn't help it.

That's the episode with two krusty's, right? Yeah, I did that on purpose. To the extent where I was trying to say the line like Fat Toni while still doing the voice of Vapour. :D
 LiMP RABBiT
10-26-2002, 4:45 PM
Gabez, how much simpsons do you watch. I wouldn't think that I could talk in this matter as i watch the simpsons almost every night, but even i didn't pick up on that one.

P.S. 8, "I was trying to say the line like Fat Toni while still doing the voice of Vapour". Hmmmm, sounds tricky.
 Gabez
10-26-2002, 7:11 PM
I got it right? w00t

And LiMP: I don't watch that much Simpsons, I just have a good memory for stuff like that. Just don't ask me to remember what the really important thing I had to do today was. ;)
Page: 1 of 1