Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Concerning Level Objectives

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
10-06-2002, 10:46 AM
In the two search and rescue missions, will you have to get back to the Crow? Once you find Madine, I think a WHOLE NEW REGIMENT of troops should reinforce the base, along with a whole new wave of droids. Same when you rescue Jan, there should be new parts to the level where you have to get to the bridge of the ship, disable the tractor beams and release the claw, then race back to the Crow. I actually believe LEC was going to do something like that on Jabba's ship. There is an elevator hidden in the prisoner area that leads back to the main portion of the ship. Also, I think some prisoners from JO should be added for a better effect. I know you are striving to make this as close to DF as possible, but I really don't think it'd hurt to add a bunch of new areas, secret areas, and the get back to the ship objective. Just some thoughts about the levels.
 Alex_P47
10-06-2002, 11:41 AM
well work on getting the basics done first and see how long that takes.
 Katarn07
10-06-2002, 2:20 PM
Just curious. I think the objective -Get back to the ship- should be in the following levels that didn't have it before: Level 3, Level 6, Level 7, Level 9, and Level 10. These are the ones that didn't have it before. In order to get to the ship, the author would either have to make a new, never before seen route, or in some cases (like level 6) just retrace you're steps and finish off the reinforcements. I'm not telling you how to do you're job. I know it's a lot of work and time consuming. I'm just giving you guys some suggestions.
 Alex_P47
10-06-2002, 3:35 PM
Yeah, I think in the original they didnt have the return to ship because it is somewhat tedious.
 The_One
10-06-2002, 4:18 PM
Do you people not read?

At the top of this forum there is a thread saying "ATTN: Read before posting.". Surprisingly enough that means you're supposed to read the thread before posting! In the thread you'll find a link to the FAQ, which is very comprehensive - and it contains the answer to the question you're looking for.

Please go and check it out!
 Katarn07
10-06-2002, 6:30 PM
I read it twice (after I so carelessly posted something concerning the music, and I admit my fault there) but I do not recall anything concerning this. I will read them once again.

*** I just got through reading it. If the answer you're referring to is the rescue missions will be a lot more realistic, that doesn't quite answer my question. Also, it says there will be new areas in addition to the originals, but again, that doesn't quite answer my question. There are some answers in the FAQ that are a bit hazy. I mean it keeps referring to a SDK. I have no clue what that is, but then again I have no skills in level editing.
 Skovdaddy
10-06-2002, 10:24 PM
I think that adding a return to the ship objective in some levels is a great idea. But in some levels it might be better just to have Jan meet you in a different place, or show a cutscene of kyle returning to the ship. Like in the Nar Shadda level Kyle could signal Jan and she could pick him up right there on that narrow ledge at the end of the level. But I have to agree, It would be sweet having to fight your way out of the detention facility with Jan at your side!
 Salv
10-07-2002, 7:20 AM
In reality rescuing Jan and Madine is half the task, after that you gotta get them outta there. JO showed us that it can be done, so theres no dramas as to why it wont be included.
 Katarn07
10-07-2002, 6:30 PM
Cutscenes for Anoat, Cal-Seti (Ramsees Hed), and Nar Shaddaa would be good. All of those were quite tedious and super long to retrace your steps. But the rescue missions should have you get back to the ship. I also think that this should be the only objective added to the game's levels. Once again, it's just my opinion that this would make the game a whole lot neater.
Page: 1 of 1