Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DF MP Maps

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
10-05-2002, 10:37 AM
I know there weren't any MP games in the original, but will you be adding some bots into the game, like Mohc, Rebus, BOBA FETT! etc. I don't care about the maps because I understand how much time and resources something like this takes up. Oh yeah, Iforgot. Will you be replacing the JO weapons in MP maps with DF ones to use. And can you still use the force in MP?
 Alex_P47
10-05-2002, 6:52 PM
not sure if there will be MP. well see how long it takes for the SP. Though if and when we do have MP there probably wont be force since we may have the engine modified for no force use.
an MP possibility would be a coop mode.
 Skovdaddy
10-05-2002, 7:54 PM
YAY!!! Coop!!!
 The Count
10-05-2002, 8:09 PM
What about the model limit?
 Alex_P47
10-05-2002, 9:56 PM
all I know in is that wired lamp studios made coop possible in theirs. and we may use that.
 MilesTeg
10-06-2002, 5:09 AM
We want to use the Coop source files because itґs the only way to make this mod a real conversion (changing weapons etc.).

If it wonґt be too complicated we could include some actual coop features in the maps but thatґs future music.
The current gamecode from Snerd lacks AI completely! We would have to recode complete AI of all enemies to get a somehow working version...
 Katarn07
10-06-2002, 10:50 AM
What's coop? Is that where you play single player missions with humans aiding you (or trying to stop you) from completing the objectives or something like that? I was just curious about bots, my Internet connection is WAY TOO SLOW for online play with JO.
 Alex_P47
10-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Coop or (COoperative) is playing through a level with a "team mate" possibly over a network or internet. Dont think we would have a human playing against a human in coop mode. i guess one would have to be imperial and wouldent be very strong. I think I remeber playing like that in the N64 game perfect dark though.
 The Count
10-07-2002, 9:09 AM
What about the model limit you can't do Co Op unless there is less than a certain amount of models that's why Wired Lamp had to give up.
 MilesTeg
10-07-2002, 9:24 AM
+WLS (WiredLampStudios) had to give up their project because they wanted a mod that make it possible to play the original JO maps in Coop style. That was impossible because nearly all of those maps used more models than the model limit (that is in multiplayer) allows. And (of course) they couldnґt get the .map files from raven to adjust the amount of models...

We will not exceed the model limit (250 ?) with our levels. When thereґs a level that has more models we can split it up in several bsp files.
The model limit includes all entities that use md3ґs (tie fighters, plants, enemies etc).
For secbase I have made a very rough calculation:
(about) 60 enemies and 60 items in the original level. Shouldnґt be too much...
Page: 1 of 1