Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DFII MOD demo vs Original DF demo

Page: 1 of 1
 Skovdaddy
09-28-2002, 8:29 PM
I remember playing the original Dark Forces demo, then playing the real thing. Although the demo was basically the Secret Base Mission, I noticed a few differences, mostly the weapons found in it. In the demo, you could get your hands on some guns that you normally wouldn't get in the first level. The most noticable was the really big secret area behind one of the big walls outside. (The one that you pull the switch which lowers the wall to let you in) In real Dark Forces, you got a life, some health, and IR goggles. But in the demo, I think you get some mines, a fusion cutter, some thermal detonators, and maybe even a cuncussion rifle. (Its been a long time) Will this demo resemble the Dark Forces demo or will it be just like the Secret Base mission strait out of the game? Either way is great. I'm just curious.
 Alex_P47
09-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Lucas arts prob did that to give the player a tase of the future weapons used in the game.
It would be a good idea I think to include some perks for the demo. Im not sure we will be done with the gun models by the time of the demo release. Darth linux may know -
 Darth_Linux
09-29-2002, 2:45 AM
the demo will just be the regular first level, no extras. It's basically just to get a sample of what is to come out to the public and show that this is a viable mod . . .
 MilesTeg
09-29-2002, 5:21 AM
Our demo will not include these weapons.

The weapons Iґve found in the original DF Demo are:
Bryar Pistol, Stormtrooper Rifle, Thermal Detonator, Imperial Repeater Rifle, Jeron Fusion Cutter, Mines and Packered Mortar Gun...

The only Problem is they are hard to find :D

And I think there is even a switch that let you drop in more enemies...

But Darth is right, the demo level will be exactly the level we will use for the mod. The possibility is higher that we will include more things in the level when we will release the complete mod.

Actually in the original demo level they also left out some secrets...
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-29-2002, 5:47 AM
will the demo have any cutscreens in it.:D and when will the demo be done.:D
 MilesTeg
09-29-2002, 6:11 AM
1. well, we will see... :rolleyes:
2. when itґs done :D
 Temujin
09-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Can you set an actual release date yet? ****, what kind of question is that you haven't had time to work on it. I hate it when school takes up sooo much time.
 MilesTeg
09-29-2002, 12:59 PM
The_One has made such a great complete faq and nobody seems to recognize it...
http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/faq.shtml)
(look for demo questions!)
 Darth_Linux
09-29-2002, 8:26 PM
sorry we cannot yet set a release date for the demo. It's inching closer and closer but due to people leaving the team unexpectedly, we are really behind in a couple of crucial areas . . . stay tuned!
Page: 1 of 1