Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dragon Ball Z

Page: 1 of 1
 C'jais
09-28-2002, 7:06 AM
I saw this show a few days ago, and all I can say is "WTF!?" :eyeraise:

The fights were so childish they reminded me of pokemon, and the "dialogues" (if you can call them that) were more resemblant of hideous monologues, designed only so the kids could understand what the characters were about to do...

How many of you swampies will confess to watching this?

Or maybe even like it? :eyeraise:
 Bob Gnarly
09-28-2002, 7:43 AM
i remember my first ep. i also said WTF
its.........WEIRD......with all the weird Sounds they make and the ghey gestures and its like pokemon (and weve all seen it) without leachs
 C'jais
09-28-2002, 7:47 AM
Ahh...

I forgot the sounds! How could I!?

LOL - don't get me started on the sounds.... those screams nearly made me puke myself from laughter, I was literally ROFLMAO... :eyeraise:

Ye, it's weird, but some people may like it, I dunno... *shrugs*
 Kstar__2
09-28-2002, 8:11 AM
i like it becouse of the fighting, and becouse it is so obvious:D
 Weapon X
09-28-2002, 10:23 AM
most people like dragonball z (me for instance) because we remember dragonball from so long ago, i can barely remember dragonball except the face that i liked it, and i like dragonball z because they do some cool ****, i agree some is cheesy but most is badass, like Trunks's first appearance? that was sweet
 Kstar__2
09-28-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by ep2 Anakin
most people like dragonball z (me for instance) because we remember dragonball from so long ago, i can barely remember dragonball except the face that i liked it, and i like dragonball z because they do some cool ****, i agree some is cheesy but most is badass, like Trunks's first appearance? that was sweet

i wouldn't go that far............
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-28-2002, 10:29 AM
dbz i download it for dark forces 2 i few month ago. i also said wtf then i delete it.
 Datheus
09-28-2002, 5:00 PM
*grumbles* It'll have to do for me >.<

Mostly because I'm too cheap to go buy myself some good anime:rolleyes:

But that's not to infer that DBZ sucks >.<

I mean, come on, how do you beat Vegeta landing on Earth after Namek

"Woman! Get me a drying cloth! WOMAN?! I DEMAND A DRYING CLOTH! WHERE ARE YOU WOMAN?!"

And his pink button-down shirt that had "Badass" on the back... I still vowe to get a shirt like that
 BlackDove
09-28-2002, 5:04 PM
I like DBZ...however the UK/US dubb is total crap...I much rather prefer the japanese with english sub...besides...japanese isn't cut...
 ckcsaber
09-28-2002, 5:13 PM
I used to watch DBZ but the american versions were so crappy I just stopped watching
 Agen
09-28-2002, 5:55 PM
i watched DB whatever and i jsut stopped watching it. jsut looekd like crap. HIA!!! UGGGHHH!!!!! *thud* ooyah!!! Bu bu bu bu!!!!
all cut too or osmething.
 gorganfloss
09-28-2002, 5:57 PM
I watch it because of the horny Master Roshi. Hes a funny old coot.:p
 JandoFett1842
09-28-2002, 6:17 PM
Yah, i watch it. And if you download DBZ Movie #12 from KaZaA, you wont think it childish, Blood goes everywhere, major gory viloence, its only in Japanieze, buti got it with Subtiles, they say FU like 30 times in there.http://www.dbzsc.com/screen/buu/082.jpg)
 whitedragon
09-28-2002, 6:43 PM
F*** the tv show. the tv show insults the comic book and the comic book is 10,000 times better than the tv show
 MysticSpade
09-28-2002, 8:34 PM
i have EVERY originaly produced DB Z/GT episodes in english subtitles. and DUH the american dubbed versions are geared for kids. but the originals are geared towards adults based around SEX, FIGHTING, and CUSSIN. and i agree with the post bout movie 12 too bad Vegeta's only in it for like 2 minutes. But me fav dude is Mystic Gohan as if you couldn't tell by me name. also don't judge the show if you haven't saw any of the originals 1st.
 Rogue Nine
09-28-2002, 8:43 PM
Once again, 300+ episodes (and now movies???) of bathroom noises and "I will defeat you" "No you won't" "ARGH" speeches does not make a good, quality anime. Don't even get me started on that stupid Super Saiyan thing.
 whitedragon
09-28-2002, 8:46 PM
let me summerise the tv show: 15 minuts of diolog. 10 minuts of flash backs. 5 minuts of badly cut fighting
Page: 1 of 1