Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

sam & max dvd

Page: 1 of 1
 grovrolf
09-27-2002, 8:14 AM
I sent an email to someone at nelvana some time ago, asking when the hell we'll see a dvd release of the TV series. The reply:

"Currently "Sam & Max" is not avaialble on DVD. There is a possibility of a US deal with Nickelodeon that is still in the works."

It's not much, but it sounds good with the ongoing-deal part
WOHOO! :max:
 JBlink
09-27-2002, 10:37 PM
I never liked the idea of putting tv series on dvd. It just seemed wrong to have that much control over a tv show. I changed my mind once I saw the MST3K stuff.
 mercatfat
09-28-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by JBlink
It just seemed wrong to have that much control over a tv show.

What?
 Jake
10-04-2002, 6:37 PM
Always weird when someone from some big crazy company reveals secrets to some anonymous guy on the net.
 SPIT
10-04-2002, 7:21 PM
And then that guy sells it to Russians.
 Skinkie
10-05-2002, 1:27 AM
Why would they make a deal with Nickolodean? They didn't have anything to do with the series... I don't think
 samandmaxfiend
10-05-2002, 7:31 AM
what? for a new series or just screening the old episodeS?
 ALC
10-15-2002, 9:32 PM
I'd certainly buy the S&M cartoon if it were released on dvd. But I'd still be freaked-the-hell-out by the different voices (different from "Hit the road", that is) .. I'd watch it and think.. "aack that's not his voice!!"
 Matt Wilson
10-15-2002, 9:49 PM
I think you guys are confused.

What the guy is saying is that, though there is no DVD deal of Sam and Max, Nelvana is working with Nickelodeon on airing Sam and Max reruns on their station.

It has nothing to do with Nick making a DVD, or whatever. They're technically two separate statements, but placed together because they wanted to cheer up the fan.

The reason I believe it is because Nelvana WOULD go to Nickelodeon.

Right now, DiC has a huge deal for programming with Nickelodeon, and whenever DiC has a deal with a channel, Nelvana follows soon after. DiC and Nelvana are like happy little boy and girl, holding hands and skipping merrily down the lane.

When DiC wanted to buy Fox Kids, they were going to cut a deal with Nelvana and give them an hour of airtime to themselves (for E/I content, of course). Now, this deal didn't work out, but I just felt I should give an example.

If Nelvana was making a deal with Nickelodeon, they wouldn't just be giving them Sam and Max. They'd probably be giving them other shows like Eek the Cat too.

Sam and Max, if aired, would probably be placed on the Sunday afternoon SLAM block, Nick's somewhat-crappy action block that has Invader Zim, Speed Racer, Robot Wars, and Butt-Ugly Martians.
 SyntheticGerbil
10-17-2002, 4:32 PM
Go outside.
 Jester
10-17-2002, 8:31 PM
Matt Wilson. That name sounds pleasantly familiar. Like Pac Man. Ghosts included.
 Jake
10-17-2002, 10:02 PM
No knocking Zim. Those other shows are questionable though.
 SyntheticGerbil
10-18-2002, 9:05 PM
Matt Wilson made the old Sam and Max comic with the flying duck right?

Eg... I think I got that wrong.
 JBlink
10-21-2002, 12:41 AM
Speed Racer is still on tv? Whats wrong with society?
 Jake
10-21-2002, 1:20 AM
http://unofficial.samandmax.net/old/fanart/artwork/mattwilsoncomic1.gif)

But knocking the Matt Wilson is silly, as he has shown that he knows a helluva lot about kids TV cartoon lineups and their seedy corporate underpinnings.
 SyntheticGerbil
10-21-2002, 4:29 PM
I think I love all of you.
Page: 1 of 1