Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how do I fix this glitch?

Page: 1 of 1
 tiger_eyes
09-25-2002, 1:28 PM
hi everyone, iv got a bit of a problem with grim fandango. s'drivin me nuts, so i thout id run it past yaz...

Right, Im in year three and doin the puzzle with the crane at the edge of the world. So Ive detatched the big claw thingy from the chain and lowered the chain so its sitting up at the top of the conveyer belt. So I get out of the crane and walk past the chain down the conveyer belt. So Manny is under the water and walking down the sloped bit of the belt, but when M gets to the join between the sloped and flat bit of belt, he acts like the current has swept him off his feet, and uses his hand to pull himself up the belt again.

In short, I cant get manny to get off the conveyer belt while the chain is down and therefore I cant get past that puzzle!

Sorry bout the whole majorly long post thing I have goin on here, but please try to help me! you're my only hope! ;)

Tiger
 Darth Eggplant
09-25-2002, 7:13 PM
there is a patch for the game,
can not remember where you get it,
some other members might know,
I have the patch for it
I could send you it by email
if you want.
 Tall Guy
09-26-2002, 5:02 AM
patch here: ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/Gfupd101.exe
 tiger_eyes
09-26-2002, 5:41 PM
Tall guy, I downloaded the patch you recommended, and it did nothing for me! Manny still falls over like the big dead freak he is on the belt. Thanks neway! :)

Darth, is the patch you were talking bout the one Tall guy recommended? If not, sure I'll gladly get in touch with you via email about it :) Have you guys ever heard of this happnin before?

Tiger x
 MeddlingMonk
09-28-2002, 12:10 AM
The patch does nothing for this problem, I'm afraid.

You've got two options here. First, load a saved game from before you got onto the belt and--before you have to get back on it again--flip the switch beside it so it runs in the other direction. If you've been using the same slot for each save, I could e-mail you a save from when Manny arrives at the island...and you'll have to flip the switch.

There's a bug and a speed issue here, and the bug kicks in only when the chain is lowered when the belt is running toward the surface (it's not 'current' that's doing it, it's the direction the belt is running). When you flip the switch the belt is running toward the edge and the chain when it's lowered feeds out along the length of the belt and Manny can walk on the chain normally.
 Tall Guy
10-01-2002, 5:55 AM
i was waiting for monk to show up...it seems only he can explain the mysteries of the belt ;) he does every time ;)
 tiger_eyes
10-01-2002, 6:13 PM
Thanks a million for helpin guys, I finally got past the dumb bug... flipped the switch then rescued Meche and all was well :)

Tiger
xx
 Tall Guy
10-02-2002, 6:23 AM
ah, meche has once again been rescued ;)
 MeddlingMonk
10-03-2002, 1:12 AM
Originally posted by Tall Guy
i was waiting for monk to show up...it seems only he can explain the mysteries of the belt ;) he does every time ;)

If only LEC would make a second patch to fix this I wouldn't have to. :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1